Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering Interstate Vehicle

Hey guys I need some answers.

I'm looking to pick up a car from VIC to NSW and have been reading up on registration processes. You need to get a blue slip but the vehicle has some modifications on it. I know those who do blue slips need to be certified but does anyone know of someone that will pass these in order to register the vehicle?

Thanks!!

EDIT: Top One does unregistered vehicle safety slips so I'll be checking there.
    Last edited by DRKSDE; 12-02-18, 05:36 PM.

I got my DC2R from Melbourne 2 years ago and brought it back to Sydney and transferred the rego. At the time, I wasn't provided a RWC from the previous owner as apparently it wasn't required for an interstate purchase and transfer.

I'd suggest grabbing as much details as you can from the previous owner such as a photo of their licence and writing a note stating the purchase of the car from the other person for $x amount of dollars at x date and have both the seller and yourself sign that letter.

I presented that letter as well as the current VIC plates to the RMS and asked them to transfer the VIC rego into my name.

Pretty sure, that's all that's required. I thought it was odd that I didn't need a RWC from the previous owner but their RMS equivalent said I wouldn't need one if I was transferring interstate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lammy View Post
      I got my DC2R from Melbourne 2 years ago and brought it back to Sydney and transferred the rego. At the time, I wasn't provided a RWC from the previous owner as apparently it wasn't required for an interstate purchase and transfer.

I'd suggest grabbing as much details as you can from the previous owner such as a photo of their licence and writing a note stating the purchase of the car from the other person for $x amount of dollars at x date and have both the seller and yourself sign that letter.

I presented that letter as well as the current VIC plates to the RMS and asked them to transfer the VIC rego into my name.

Pretty sure, that's all that's required. I thought it was odd that I didn't need a RWC from the previous owner but their RMS equivalent said I wouldn't need one if I was transferring interstate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      Hang on a minute. So You didn't need to get a fresh blue slip at all? From what I gather, you just presented the plates as well as a written statement/receipt from seller and they simply just transferred it? AFAIK from several websites like Service NSW, greenslips.com.au, they say you require a blue slip along with CTP.

Comment

Working...
      X