Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the new Civic R?

Hi everyone, I rarely post buuut
    I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on the new (2017-->)Civic Type R's are?
    I haven't really liked any of the previous Civics enough to want one but the new type R has really grabbed my attention and I just NEED one. I currently have a DC5-R which I still love to death and will probably never part with but as it ticks up 14 years old, the new Civic R feels like the first car I would happily transition to (and still have the glorious Type R badge)

Has anyone got to have a proper look or even test drive? I haven't really heard much about it (even from Honda themselves) other than that it's the fastest FWD production car thus far round Nürburgring.
    Living in a regional town I haven't even seen one in the flesh yet. It's also way out of my price range at present so I'll be waiting a year or two to pounce on one second hand unfortunately.

They definitely look pretty neat, haven't driven one but wouldn't mind. Heaps of mods available for them too
    Email: info@moonlightracing.com.au
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/moonlightracingaus/

Supplying the best parts from all around the globe. Whatever you need, Moonlight's got it!

Comment

I've driven Maracer's (member here). They're a great car, the numbers don't convey how much faster than a DC5R they are. Ride comfort was surprisingly good for the massive wheels, and for a heavy car it feels very manoeuvrable. Much better steering feel than a DC5. The motor doesn't quite have the top end rush of a old NA K series, but it's still nice and revvy, and the gear shift feels great. Buy one and put some nice big 18x9.5s all around on it, and it would be a great street/track car.

Comment

They do look chunky and heavy so good to hear the steering and maneuverability doesnt feel it cause I like the beefier styling. Once there's more out and about it will be interesting to see everyone's mods. I'll just be happy to see even one complete stock

Comment

Working...
        X