Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Honda - DC2 Type R

Hey everyone,

Posted up previously in this section back when I had my s14 and then sold to buy an Integra DC2R. Thought I may as well create a new thread for it.

2001 Honda Integra Type R (DC2R)
    Mods list:
    Exterior:
    - JDM ITR wheels (16")
    - AD08Rs 215/45R16
    - Weather shields/window visors
    - JDM folding mirrors

Suspension:
    - Spoon front strut bar
    - OEM rear strut bar
    - Koni adjustable dampers w/ lowered springs
    - Hardrace camber arms
    - Subframe reinforcement brace
    - NSX NA1 front calipers
    - Slotted front discs (unsure of size, will suss soon)

Engine:
    - Lightened flywheel
    - Mugen cold air intake
    - J racing engine damper
    - Mugen twin loop muffler
    - SMSP headers

Interior:
    - Spoon cluster
    - ITR boot mat
    - Type R arm rest/centre console
    - S2000 start button
    - Aftermarket cruise control
    - Oil temp gauge
    - Tech Edge AFR gauge
    - JVC touchscreen head unit (looks like its straight out of the 90's)
    - Mongoose alarm
    - Buddy Club short shifter
    - Skunk 2 shift knob
    - JBL speakers w/ amp (surprisingly heavy and not sure how I feel about that)

I'm sure you're all familiar with the sound of a B18c7 but I've gotta say it's new to me and puts a smile on my face every time.

Considering future mods, there's not much else I think I need to do other than maintenance and replacing current rotors/pads with better ones when due.

Took the car to Winton last weekend and I must say it performed beautifully (despite the crowded circuit). Always good fun seeing the horrified look of an SS owner as they don't quite pull away on the straights as they'd expect (considering 3x engine size) and then get munched in the corners. I've taken a few different cars round Winton many times before and must say that the ITR is easily the most rewarding. Even had a friend of mine who maintains turbo RWD cars are superior (hates fwd) that the car was very impressive.

Definitely looking to get some more seat time on track with this car, just need to ensure I'm on top of maintenance. Open to suggestion for further mods, but I think it's already a great package already. Glad I made the switch to Honda, I think I finally get the hype. Don't knock it till you've tried it eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a real clean DC2R. What time did you get at Winton?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
      You have a real clean DC2R. What time did you get at Winton?
      A rather dissatisfying 1:49. My excuse is braking far too early and heavy traffic (fun day) haha. But I know it's capable of far better. I've done better with both my previous cars which didn't feel quite as composed out there so I'll be back to hunt for mid/low 1:40s. Funny thing is, it oversteers more than my s14 haha.

And doing my research on clubitr forum, I think this may well be another member's old ride (Blulude98?).

Comment

CW ITRs... love em.

Great way to get into the Honda game. Your mate needs to drive one instead of talking trash. I love my turbo RWD cars as much as the next guy but keep a DC2R in my fleet because they are truly unforgettable to drive.

I don't see hondata on the mod list. That means you have maintained that amazing B18C R crossover, makes me giggle every single time too.
        Last edited by michaelz; 15-09-17, 10:08 PM.
        00-0138 ITR

Comment

A tidy looking car, and a pretty neat modification list already.
          Welcome, and keep the pics coming....plzzzzz
          Baskerville Raceway, Tas PB 1:07.84 [Nankang AR1]

Comment

So clean! And nice set of goodies!

Comment

That is a quality build list mate! Looks so good as well on the jdm itr wheels. Looks like the previous owner puton a lot of the jdm goodies for you. Keen to see where you go with the mods etc, as you mentioned it's basically all done. Plans for a baffled sump?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Cheers guys. I don't believe there's any ECU tweaks/Hondata (could be wrong, first and only Honda experience). And yeh love the crossover on the B18c7, so much character.

Hats off to the previous owners as they've compiled a good list of quality parts and kept the car looking clean.

Unsure if baffled sump or cooler at this stage as the car sat happily at 120deg Celsius (oil) all day on track and maybe started pushing a little higher towards the end of the day so dialled it back and quit while I was ahead.

Def open to suggestions for where to go from here from those with experience, however at the same time I'm enjoying it immensely in its current form.

Comment

Wow! such a clean ITR!!! congrats mate! Would you ever consider a JDM front end?
                  Follow on Facebook
                  http://www.facebook.com/96BRG

Follow on Instagram
                  http://www.instagram.com/96BRG

Comment

Originally posted by stephen8512 View Post
                    Wow! such a clean ITR!!! congrats mate! Would you ever consider a JDM front end?
                    Thanks mate. Had you asked me this question when I bought the car, may answer should have been a definitive yes. Love the JDM from end and I nearly overlooked this car when searching for a DC2R. Now that I've had it for a while, I think it's growing on me massively. Used to much prefer the look of the aggressive s14 from end (my old car) and bought this purely for its mechanical awesomeness rather than appearance. But now I'm definitely appreciating it more.

Comment

As much as I love JDM fronts I wouldn't cut up a perfectly good local car to convert it unless it had been previously written off?
                      Last edited by michaelz; 19-09-17, 09:51 AM.
                      00-0138 ITR

Comment

If that's a legit spoon cluster sell it and get an oem one. Easy way to make back a few thousand on the purchase cost of the car haha

As Alex suggested if you plan to track I'd definitely look at a sump baffle.

Car looks like it was well sorted by the previous owner. Glad you've decided to take it to the track where hondas really show their worth!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                          If that's a legit spoon cluster sell it and get an oem one. Easy way to make back a few thousand on the purchase cost of the car haha

As Alex suggested if you plan to track I'd definitely look at a sump baffle.

Car looks like it was well sorted by the previous owner. Glad you've decided to take it to the track where hondas really show their worth!

Haha I think I'll keep the cluster for now. I like the look of it although the extra cash could be used on other parts. And yeh it's an absolute riot around the track, great fun. I'll ensure to keep well in top of maintenance though.

Interesting about baffled sump. I had a quick look around and see that oil starvation isn't entirely uncommon especially when using sticky rubber. Any suggestions on where to purchase a baffled sump? Or would a baffle kit welded into to stock sump be a safe alternative? Open to suggestions from you Honda/b series veterans.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by t_bund View Post
                            Haha I think I'll keep the cluster for now. I like the look of it although the extra cash could be used on other parts. And yeh it's an absolute riot around the track, great fun. I'll ensure to keep well in top of maintenance though.

Interesting about baffled sump. I had a quick look around and see that oil starvation isn't entirely uncommon especially when using sticky rubber. Any suggestions on where to purchase a baffled sump? Or would a baffle kit welded into to stock sump be a safe alternative? Open to suggestions from you Honda/b series veterans.

Thanks

In addition to that. I see that 120deg for oil on track isn't uncommon (but higher then what I'm used to). Cooling upgrades recommended or is this nothing to worry about until temps starts to creep higher?

Comment

Better/cheaper to buy a plate and just weld it in imo. Lots of companies make a plate for the b series sump. It's just cheap track insurance I think. Any car that see the track will benefit from one.
                              As for the cooler I don't see much point. Oil temp isn't too high

Comment

Working...
                              X