• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep the Spoon cluster!! Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by t_bund View Post
      Interesting about baffled sump. I had a quick look around and see that oil starvation isn't entirely uncommon especially when using sticky rubber. Any suggestions on where to purchase a baffled sump? Or would a baffle kit welded into to stock sump be a safe alternative? Open to suggestions from you Honda/b series veterans.
      I'd definitely go for a baffled sump. I had a weld-in plate from JDMYard in my B, but still get oil starvation on occasion...but that was partly due to my driving style, I guess.

I see about 110degC with my car (with oil cooler) and backing off for about a lap will bring it down. Last few track days have been really cold so haven't seen it get much past this anyway.

Comment

so Bryan, u saying that the weld in baffle isnt that great hey?

Im leaning towards a Mugen oil pan with baffle incldued. its around $350 landed.

And when I consider a weld in baffle @ $50 plus say $50 labour. If I go the mugen above, I can sell my b series pan for $100? so say $150 on top for brand new mugen, its tempting
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Wow tidy car!
          Good mod list too
          Would love to see what you'd do next

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
            I'd definitely go for a baffled sump. I had a weld-in plate from JDMYard in my B, but still get oil starvation on occasion...but that was partly due to my driving style, I guess.

I see about 110degC with my car (with oil cooler) and backing off for about a lap will bring it down. Last few track days have been really cold so haven't seen it get much past this anyway.
            I think the weld in works, but not as effectively as a proper baffled sump. I think it had to do with the way I took the fish hook as an example. When Benny or Jimmy drive the car...no smoke. When I drive, there still is, but not as bad as it used to be.

Comment

Weld in is better than nothing, can get aftermarket ones not tooo expensive though. I used to run our EF oil temp up to about 120 then do some cooldown laps but we never had much ducting or things like that to channel air in, or an oil cooler so those are easy things to look into.
              Email: info@moonlightracing.com.au
              Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/moonlightracingaus/

Supplying the best parts from all around the globe. Whatever you need, Moonlight's got it!

Comment

Well given how cheap it is, I may as well opt for the baffle kit and weld it in. Better than nothing and gives that piece of mind.

Seeing as 120deg isn't anything to be alarmed at it seems, potentially and upgraded radiator at some stage might be the go to bring all temps down a touch, particularly any track sessions on those warmer days.

I feel next on the list too is replacing the front rotors and pads. Unsure what rotors are currently paired with the NSX calipers so may have to measure and determine if they're ITR, NSX (unlikely) or something else (odyssey/s2000??)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i feel that an oil cooler is much more influential in reducing them temps.

I personally would look to upgrade the radiator when/if any cracks begin to appear resulting in a leak.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Working...
                  X