No announcement yet.

2000 Integra Type R - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a brief look for it again on YJP, and only found one. By the time I refreshed a few hours later. It was sold...

I also believe you can get solely the pocket itself, as the lower column is universal to all releases of the DC2. If this is the case, the freight costs for the pocket would be cheap as compared to the full panel.

Yeah Eltrix! The DC2 is an amazing chassis. I loved my DC5, but it was really a 2 door car, this is a proper sports car!

So in total, I have done around 600km since the new clutch install. The clutch is now much easier to drive, although still has to be revved/rode to reduce the vibrations to an acceptable standard. I still will not buy the stage 2 again though. Yeah it grabs awesome at high rpm, but as a daily friendly car, I wouldnt reccomend it.

I've done two clay bar sessions, and yesterday I just lightly clayyed the bonnet for the third time. Overall the car is pretty smooth, and I just did the bonnet, rood, and rear wing with some Menzerna medium. Results looking good already. Plan is to get the car done all in medium. Hit up some problem areas with a heavier compound. And then use a finishing polish over the car at the end. Paint is starting to look deeper and the NHB sparkle coming out!

I also removed my boot setup to clean the entire area. Previous owner dropped a bottle of gearbox oil, and after some degreased follower by some brake cleaner, the area is dry with no greasy residue. I degreased the boot liner and hosed it down. its still somewhat greasy, so I'll look into this with something stronger...

Oh yeah, and on Friday night, I changed the front rotors and pads to RDA equivalent and Intima Type D pads. These pads are the racer style pads, and after driving into the City this morning, I didnt hear any screech. Not sure if this is a good/bad thing, as I was hoping they be suitable to a project mu Club Racer... Stupidly I have now lost my BBS lock key, and really not sure where I placed it, or left it on the wheel and drove off.... Hopefully this weekend, I can do the braided lines and superblue ATE fluid change. As well as shoe my JDm ITR wheels in some federal rsr. And then the car will be all ready for the track!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

When's the first track day for the dc2 planned?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alex, bear in mind that paint on the DC2R is also thinner. Don’t ask me now I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
          When's the first track day for the dc2 planned?

I'm looking to go to Jono's day on 20/11. Willl try and see if I can bring down both the DC2R and S2000!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
            Alex, bear in mind that paint on the DC2R is also thinner. Don’t ask me now I know.
            Is that because you had a Milano Red DC2R, I dont think they had a clearcoat on them..

My car has been resprayed, so the paint isnt factory.

Plus I am quite light on the polisher. I dont put any weight down and its all on the machine itself.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

I should really update this thread! The only reason why I am updating it is I am considering selling as I recently acquired a private car spot in the city thus allowing me to drive the S2000 daily!

Anyways I dont really want to sell, so will at the very least update this thread.

So picking up where we left off previously. I clayed the car a few times getting it super smooth, and begun the paint correction. The previous owner had the car recently detailed so I didnt have to start with a heavy compound. I use Menzerna branded polishes. They are quite dusty in my opinion, but I have always had pleasing results. Used the medium cut and finishing with the 3500 finishing compound, the car looked great. I then used the trusty old Duragloss PBA and total performance polish and the car looked sweet. However this sealant literally lasted a couple weeks and any coating is all but gone. I think this is because the opened bottle has been sitting like that for the past 2.5-3 years? As Sugi has my car for the moment, i will get him to run another pass on the finishing compound and get him to seal the car with whatever he purchased recently.

As above I also spent one day changing over the old rubber lines which were still in perfect condition to new braided brake lines. This was purely for peace of mind, and also put some Superblue ATE brake fluid in the lines as well as flushing the clutch reservoir too.

Sometime after I also install a genuine Defi Zd in the car as I wanted to see what the numbers were when I hit the race track. Pretty easy to install, and love how the fusebox already has male spades to tap the relevent items for power etc.

In January we also took the cars over to SMSP circuit for the Twilight night track day. Pretty cool event. $300 no AASA/cams required, and being in Sydney, the time/petrol saved from driving to Wakefield easily shows value in the additional $50 from what we normally pay. There were a solid 5 sessions in the night, however I only got 2.5 sessions learning the track/car as Sugi's clutch slave cylinder decided to say bye bye.

SMSP is pretty awesome track, T1 is great. I did around 16 laps and my best time is 200.4. I was aiming to get 205 but as my times came down I kept on pushing harder. The car definitely has a 159 in it. All I need to do is just not brake through T1, and I can carry a higher speed through T1 to reduce my times! I was also impressed with the Intima Type D pads. I was told from the suppliers these are on par with a Project Mu Club Racer, however initialy thoughts on the street is they dont have any screeching in the low temp use on the street. I thought that no way these are on the same or similar level. However on the track, these held up really well and I was more than impressed in terms of their bite and ability to pull the car up. The Club Racers do feel they have a slightly more aggressive bite though. Still the price point shows these as incredibly high value! I was also paying key attention to how much oil was burnt from the track day. I did have to top up 500ml the next morning, mind you I only did 2.5 sessions so if I ahd gone out on every session, I probably would have consumed 1litre of oil throughout. The previous owner also recently rebuilt my gearbox at Hannys at the 210,000 km mark. My gearbox suffered no crunches or issues at the track and I was incredibly impressed. I do also run Penrite Progear 75W-90 which is a fully synthetic oil and a tad thicker than OEM MTF. Anyways back to the car. The trackday was with mainly turbo charged cars being WRX/EVO, and some performance euro cars. No doubt my car was the slowest in a striaght line, however the mighty B18C7 even at 251k km showed no issues at all. The chassis grip of the DC2 is amazing, and the feedback and steering was great. Although now when I drive the car, on bumps the RTA is louder than prior due to more wear on them bushings. I do have a full hardrace bushing overhaul kit to install the car if I intend to keep it.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Dc2e update by Alex Hoy, on Flickr

Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Good stuff Alex.
                  Dailying the S2000 though. Keen!

Comment

I should have really updated this thread but really not all to much to document.

Earlier in the year, I visited wakefield park, first time in the dc2r. as one of the pics above, I bought a Defi ZD for the dc2r to just keep an eye on numbers whilst at the track.

Was a pretty good day, open pit lane - my type of track day where you get maximum time to really get out there and get the seat time and improve as a driver. I went out there with a goal to do sub 1:15. After reviewing the race chrono app, I just got in there with a 1:14.75, optimal being a 1:13.84. This was back in April 2018.

In May 2018, I wanted to install an oil cooler on the car, as the car raced to over 130degrees after 2-3 hot laps. So ordered a greddy sandwich plate, earls lines, fittings, and cooler core, and installed it all up. I went for a smaller size (than the s2k) and just a 12row, as I didnt want too large a radiator as I was scratching my head thinking how I could run a block off plate on the dc2r. Anyways with the cooler all mounted up with no block off plate, street driving isnt an issue, as my temps still hover 85-95 in the current Winter climate at the moment. Later in this month, returned to Wakefield with no other changes, got my pb down to 1:14.03, optimal at 1:13.05. I also started to get an issue where I thought my speedo was playing up. Turns out it was my distributor. I did replace it with another unit, but the issue is still there. Later this year, I will look to replace the entire ignition part of the car, new dizzy, leads, spark plugs. hopefullly that fixes the issue.

I also purchased a bride zeta III, matching rail, and Takata harness - Thanks Shak! with the seat install, the taller bolsters are aready going to stop me from moving too much and should translate to a better time haha. Yesterday I removed the rear seats, spare wheel, jack etc, taking from the school of Todd Higgins with weight reduction. I also had a crack at installing the harness, which I wished I did sooner, as I need to order an extended eye bolt. Installed the rear eye bolts easily by utilsing the rear seat belt anchors. The eye bolt for the outside lap belt I will use the extended eye bolt on the eat belt anchor point. I will head to repco/bunnings later today to find a 7/16" nut so I can install the eye bolt on the seat belt receptacle for the inside lap belt. Once this is all done, I can then go ahead and adjust the harness for my body! Apart from that, besides a full fluid change no other changes to the car, and I am looking to get into the 13's!

I've really been enjoying this car, and just love how great out of the factory this car is! I would like to sell it on the basis I can daily my S2000 again. Perhaps in a year or two, once I obtained "use" out of my money spent getting big maintenance items installed, then I will look to sell it stock.

I did also buy Sugi's Hard Race RTA bushings as mine have been worn since I purchased the car, but was in minds of doing an entire bushing overhaul or not. I also do plan on replacing all hub bearings too as the driver side rear has started to make a noise, and slowly getting louder. Will see how much I have Top One do later in the year, when the car visits a licensed mechanic for it's bi annual check up!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

it's been awhile since updates, but basically I have reverted this car back to stock, besides the baffled sump and koyo radiator, the car is pretty oem!

I'm selling so I can get the S2000 back on the road, and used as a daily. Most of you know that has been on my mind for the better part of 6 months now. It will be a shame to say goodbye to this car as I truly believe it to be an amazing car. Our family is growing too, so the downsize of one car will help too - no more looking for car parts on a DC2R platform haha.

My car is on carsales, and is currently 1 of 3 across Australia;

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SAAEgLFePD_BwE

Would love for this car to go to someone who could keep it for a long time, or a CITR member of course.

Cheers,
                      Alex
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

did you end up selling the car?
                        00-0138 ITR

Comment

hey michael. yeah i did. just earlier this week, got the S2000 back on the road. its been good driving it!
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Working...
                          X