X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Comment

Dc2 by Alex Hoy, on Flickr

As I picked up the car from Top One, the engine turned on, and felt like it just fired better than before!

The clutch on the otherhand, I felt like I made a mistake. Its quite n aggresive clutch that likes to be in the higher rpm.Usually i let the car take off by controlling just the left foot. This clutch needs an throttle input, otherwise quite a bit of shudering happens with the clutch components. I think I will go back to an oem style stage 1 next time.

However on Sunday morning, I woke up early and decided to go for a drive to the Royal National Park. I dont take the S2000 there no more due to the suspension being too stiff. Maybe its me getting used to the clutch. Maybe the clutch is bedding in? The clutch feels better to drive, just needs some throttle input! Its actually a pretty strong clutch, it engages strong, and matched beautifully with the 4.1kg Exedy flywheel. Very nice combination once you actually get going! The DC2R is a daily so I'lll rack up about 1000km in a months time, and I'll give the gearbox a flush, and hopefully by then the car is a lot easier to drive.

The car responded beautifully at the twisites as RNP. The suspension is amazing where its still super firm and stiff yet takes on all the bumps in the road effortlessly. Was a bit of a sketchy drive in the morning with my shit pads and 10 year old tyres. Still the chassis grip is unreal. I didnt drive it too hard with the lack from confidence from the tyres, brakes, and still bedding in the clutch. All in all the car felt amazing. Shame that I installed a newly rebuilt steering rack. the steering is super light and it felt like I was driving a Jazz lol.

i washed the car yesterday too giving me an opportunity to start the paint correction. i said i will clay the car after 4 washes first, did one session of the claybar and was pretty happy. Ill aim for one more clay session, and try to polish it. otherwise i'll keep claying after each wash until i get an opportunity to polish the car.

I almost feel like I have a brand new car now with no more leaks, and a fully maintained B18C7. the car is due for rego in december where i'll send it back for a pink slip, and full bushing overhaul!
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Theres nothing like the feeling of having a freshly serviced car with new parts, new gaskets, brand new fluids etc. Full bushing overhaul would make another world of difference too!

I wanted to retain the OEM feel in my car so I swapped out my clutch and flywheel to a Toda sports clutch and flywheel kit combo and it too feels amazing. The 4.5kg (10lb) flywheel upgrade transforms the MX-5 and is rev happy and feels really good! I'm sure it'd be the same with the DC2R!

Looking forward to the next round of updates man!
        Follow on Facebook
        http://www.facebook.com/96BRG

Follow on Instagram
        http://www.instagram.com/96BRG

Comment

Cheers mate.

Yeah in all honesty I havent really pushed the car due to the entry level pads and brittle tyres. Heel toe requires much less effort now due to the lighter flywheel.

Nothing beats perfect paint on a black/dark car, so I'm looking forward to creating a mess with the dusty Menzerna polishes I have haha

Not looking forward to the labour intensive bushing change throughout the car
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

What route do you take through the RNP? I've been looking for somewhere fun and near-by to just go for a drive.

Comment

I would advise against clay baring so often.
              The clay is an abrasive and although great for removing contaminates from the paint, it removes a tiny layer of clear coat, overuse can ruin the paint.
              It is best to use the clay bar before cutting or polishing, then apply wax or sealant for protection.

I'm also struggling with my NHB Euro, my OCD is kicking in with all the micro scratches and swirling everywhere.

Comment

Hmm, I never thought a clay bar could damage the clearcoat if you ensure the clay bar is relatively clean, there is lubricant used, and you've washed the car first...

I'll try and get some panels done some time this week if I can for some comparison shots!
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Kingk22 View Post
                  What route do you take through the RNP? I've been looking for somewhere fun and near-by to just go for a drive.
                  I live near Hurstville, so I go down Princes Highway, and enter RNP through Bundeena, and I stop at Stanwell Tops, and on the way back, I take the left hander and take the early exit where I go through some even tighter twisties! Always enjoyed RNP, however OP is a fun drive out too! Should really doa Putty Road also
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    Hmm, I never thought a clay bar could damage the clearcoat if you ensure the clay bar is relatively clean, there is lubricant used, and you've washed the car first...

I'll try and get some panels done some time this week if I can for some comparison shots!
                    Actually doing a bit more reading there are different types of clay bars. Some more fine, others more course.
                    Either way it is still an abrasive and I would only clay if I can feel the paint is rough i.e. is full of contaminants, if it is smooth, then I wouldn't bother.

Looking forward to the before and after shots!

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      I live near Hurstville, so I go down Princes Highway, and enter RNP through Bundeena, and I stop at Stanwell Tops, and on the way back, I take the left hander and take the early exit where I go through some even tighter twisties! Always enjoyed RNP, however OP is a fun drive out too! Should really doa Putty Road also
                      You're not too far from me, how long does the RNP route usually take you?

Comment

Cars looking good Alex! Nice to see it getting restored

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

finally had a chance to install the oem clear indicators. and love the look of it! so much cleaner now. Next time i'm at my inlaws, i'll find the clear indicators to compliment the front!

Also ordered from Japan a JDM lower steering column panel. The reason for this is the fuse panel is actually a sizeable storage compartment. This is completely a bolt on affair. Remove a screw on each lower side, and one screw at the top where the fuse panel cover sits. Then two screws for some device that rests on this cover.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Love the JDM steering column panel! Where did you did it? Any chance you can grab the OEM part number?

Comment

i have been looking for that panel for a few years now. should have taken my chances when someone told me there was an si-vtec being wrecked at my local wreckers last year

Comment

Damn man! This was a great read Alex!

How good is the DC2R chassis? I bought a DC2R about a year ago too now and absolutely love it. Definitely feels tighter than the DC5 we have!

Fortunuately I was lucky enough to get an JDM DC2R so I have the storage compartment, such a handy little thing for wallet and phone! :P

Also to add onto the clay bar thing, this is very true. Excessive use of the clay bar can ruin your clear cause theoretically it is sand paper, just super super fine. It's purely used to get rid of contaminants off the paint that get stuck over time (dirt and other earthly things). Realistically you should only be clay baring your car once every 6-12 months!

Overall your car looks super clean considering the kms! In a lot better shape than mine but I hope to restore it slowly and keep it OEM as possible!
                                Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Working...
                                X