Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immobilizer or key problem - help needed

hi guys,

I took my car to a mechanic to do a service and whilst he was doing his general road testing, he mentioned the car "died on him", its like someone turned it off. He mentioned an immobiliser disables the ignition and fuel so the car wont start.
    I've given him my spare remote keys and didnt work
    He said hes tried to remove the battery, clear codes as his usual diagnosis and this still doesnt make the car start.
    Once he puts the key in the car, he turns it over and the car doesnt start.
    He mentioned there is a green light flashing on the dashboard.
    Previous to this service I had no real problems with my car at all, the only thing i did recently is change the battery of the main key i have been using for 2 years.

He recommends to take my car to a Honda dealer, but just before I do, is this normal or has anyone experienced this before?... I've had this car for 2 years of ownership i havent heard or had this problem until now. If I take this car to a Honda dealer and potentially get this fixed, will this happen again?

Let me know your advice, thanks!
    Car is: 06 DC5 Type S

the green flashing light is the immboliser
    sounds like either that or the ECU is stuffed which definitely isn't normal
    you can take it to honda - but who knows what they will charge - it could be as simple as reprogramming or they will replace the parts
    will you also have to tow it?
    otherwise just get a ECU + matching immoboliser + keys from a type s being wrecked and fit it into your car
    should cost around $300 from the wreckers
    Last edited by l__i__l; 23-08-17, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X