DC5S engine type confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S engine type confusion

Hi everyone, First of all i am only starting this thread after about 6 hours or searching this forum and other forums for an answer and i cant find one

I am looking for a k20 for a EG civic swap project, i Have found this engine for sale:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-INT...AAAOSwTf9ZSGHH

the selling has listed in the heading K20A4, from what i gather in that model type S it should be a k20Z1 or am i missing something? to add to my confusion there are other wreckers adverting type s engines as k20a4
    the seller provided the engine number of k20210200139, im assuming the 4th digit its actually a Z not a 2

From what i can gather the wrecker has advertised it incorrectly but as i am going to inspect the engine and see it running in the car in the next few days and i thought i better ask the question before dropping a couple of grand on a motor thats not what i thought it was

Thanks for your help and apologies if this is a noob question or something obvious that i have missed

If a wrecker is claiming a K20A4 is from a Type S, they are wrong and just trying to get more out of an Accord engine.

K20A2 is from an early AUDM Type R which is the same as the USDM Type S engine. (pre DC5 face lift)

K20Z1 are the later model (face lift) Type S engines for both AU/US models. We never got Z2, Z3 versions. a Z4 can be found in the FN2 angry egg CTR.
    Last edited by michaelz; 22-08-17, 01:49 PM.
    00-0138 ITR

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X