New from New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from New Zealand

Hey team newbie to ClubITR but not to Hondas. Have been playing with them for probably 15 years now and have a fair few. Currently I don't own one as I've just sold my 1986 Si due to rust but definitely have more plans in future. Also, I'll be heading over to Aus shortly for a stint and looking to get into the scene there both as a hobby and as a parts business.. more to come later. Ironically I've never owned a Type R but did have a Civic with some Type R bits in it..

Anyway bit of history..

First civic, in fact first car full stop. 1.5L Eti so it was a vtec-e model. So slow and geared so long but so good on gas.

Then I sold that and picked up this EG6:

This car was fun, my first taste of driving VTEC and it got me hooked. So gutless down low but once it made that noise I was going a million miles an hour.. then insurance was too expensive so had to sell Being still in school and only part time worker was not good.

Next up was this EF2, dual carby banger. Sunroof leaked like a sieve and it had holes in the exhaust but it was low ks and went hard for what it was.. Also great at keybangers:

Being facelift was a bonus too.

Then somewhere around here I saw some VIP vans being done in Japan and also have a friend who has done up his RA Odyssey.. so of course I bought one:

I actually had grand plans for this and did quite a few things. Exhaust, aero, lowered it, some handling mods like strut bars etc. I ended up getting a 12 piece body kit but at that time I was way too noob and so didn't try to fit it myself.. now days I would've got stuck in no worries. Ended up selling the van when the transmission started to slip quite bad but it was good fun. It had the captain chairs in the middle too so people were riding like kings.

Bear with me we're about half way..

This one was the real banger, had all the fruit. EG4 converted to Type R engine/box. Coilovers, Power FC, HKS exhaust, Bride seats, Momo wheel, engine rebuilt, LSD etc lots of good stuff and name brand items on there

This was also around when I was starting to use this car as a promo for my business here in New Zealand so I'd take it to track days and meets and stuff. It was real fun and really the only car that I regret selling. Sold it because the engine needed a rebuild so we did that but after doing that it was still smokey so something went wrong during the process and I'd just lost patience and motivation.

Then I had some kind of mid life crisis and bought a BMW 540i which actually was a really good car, but largely irrelevant.

While I had the BMW my Dad and I decided to run a proper track car, picked up this for a steal:

This was fun too, genuine EF9 converted to race car. B16 still but was caged and stripped etc. Did the usual kind of stuff and just fanged it around for a bit. Did some good track days but the gearbox was tired so I managed to track down a cable LSD box for it but never installed it. Lost motivation and space to do it and sold that one too.

Finally we come to the E-AT:

I saved this one from a paddock down country. It didn't have a windscreen and was full of water but still ran. A friend of mine also has an AT and he had a parts car so I pinched the windscreen out of that and managed to get it road legal. So much fun to hoon around in and actually quite peppy. 1.6L DOHC ZC. I had big plans for it, B series etc etc but end of the day the shell was toast. I sold it so it's parts could live on and be spread to some others that needed bits.

So that about wraps it up, I think I got them all..
    Email: info@moonlightracing.com.au
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/moonlightracingaus/

Supplying the best parts from all around the globe. Whatever you need, Moonlight's got it!

Amazing collection mate!

So lucky to have had an EG6 during school.
    Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
      Amazing collection mate!

So lucky to have had an EG6 during school.
      Cheers, yeah it was pretty fun! But expensive for me at the time.. these days we can pick up EG with b16 or b18 pretty cheap here so I'm on the lookout for another B18C EG hatch at the moment to hack around track in summer

Supplying the best parts from all around the globe. Whatever you need, Moonlight's got it!

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
        So lucky to have relaxed import laws in NZ. What's the NZ price for a clean, low km, stock JDM CW DC2R 98+ Spec these days?
        lol don't know the last time I saw a clean ITR for sale here, they're mostly cheap but thrashed. 98 Spec ones are still quite expensive here too, maybe mid teens for something like that you want? That is if you can find it. 96 Spec not hard to get

Comment

MLR 8 pot brake civic group buy lesgo lol

Comment

Originally posted by loveb View Post
            MLR 8 pot brake civic group buy lesgo lol
            Haha yess just what you need! 8 pot front 6 pot rears

Comment

Froth!!!! Excellent collection!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdc2r View Post
                Froth!!!! Excellent collection!!!
                Haha no Hondas now.. have to be a good boy and save up for the move to Aus

Comment

Working...
                X