Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5-S Gear Shifting/Clutch Questions

Hi,

recently replaced the clutch, OEM replacement. <2000 KM Old.

I have a few Questions,

1. is it normal for clutches to sometimes have different bite points. Im driving after 5 mins into starting up the car and the friction feels lower. But after a while it feels like the friction is alot higher.. isn't friction points meant to be only at one point?

2. Note: this only happened today. Driving normally, i put it into reverse, and it was very hard to put it in, once i get out reverse to put into first, it doesn't go in AT ALL. hitting the wall. but then i just move the gear stick around n about and it eventually gets in. plausible causes? what can be done to fix this.

3. Is it the way i drive? i feel like i drive normal, never crazy. my shifting is fine.

Important points.
    - I have checked fluids, all fine. No leaks.
    - did clutch bleeding twice after i installed the clutch.
    - installed new clutch and adjusted the clutch higher for my liking.
    - the reason why i changed the clutch is that i thought that this would solve the problem. relating to (2).

Looking for more options of what can be done to fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

Sound questions to help.
    What clutch did you have before you replaced it with OEM?
    What parts did you replace when you changed your clutch?
    Did you do it yourself or have it changed at a shop?
    What fluid are you using in your gearbox? (Honda MTF06?)
    Did you ever adjust your clutch master cylinder? Is this what you mean by "adjusted the clutch higher for my liking".

1) Friction points might change when the fluids are cold and start to warm up.
    2) Stating the obvious but just making sure you're at a complete stop after reversing to put it into first gear since you it wont engage if you're still rolling backwards

Comment

Working...
    X