Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sa ITR

Hi all,

Long time stalker, first time poster. After many questions/ friend requests on Facebook, I thought I should just share my story so far.

A few months back I picked up my first Honda and having ever only had turbo cars as dailies, this was definitely a different world. I was quite hesitant while I was scouring through the market but the more I saw JDM front ITRs, the more they drew me in and in the end it came down to an ITR or S15. And well we all know what happened next.
    After months and months of researching I decide I was only going to get a JDM front DC2R whether it be already done or I'd have to do the conversion myself. So fast forward about 8 months, on my one day off from work I flew over to Melbourne in the morning, picked up my first Honda and spent the rest of the day driving back to Adelaide.

And here she is

She came with '98 spec 16" rims, yellow Recaros and yellow stitched interior, OEM weather shields and OEM side skirts and rear pods. The previous owner had fitted aftermarket HIDs which was a bonus.
    At first I really wanted a CW one but the more and more I saw the PY ones, it just stuck with me more. What sold me on getting an ITR was the history. I thought it was pretty cool that Honda lost money on every DC2R sold just so they could get homologation for Group N racing.

Literally two days after I got back, I was coming to a stop at the lights and went to clutch into neutral as per normal however the clutch didn't pop back up. Lucky I was stopped at the red lights.
    Funny thing also happened. I was in the left land with my hazards on so all the other cars merged/ swerved into right lane, however some old guy decided to rolled up behind me, stop, beeped me to move then he probably realized my hazards were on
    Lucky one of my mates was with me and we managed to roll her into the petrol station on the corner and waited for a tow truck to come.

The following day I went all Sherlock Holmes and looked around to find out that the clutch master reservoir was completely empty. So to be on the safe side I went and and bought new master and slave cylinders. For a first time doing something like this I'd say it was a success as I haven't had a problem since (fingers crossed). I filled her up with the Penrite DOT4 as it was on sale. (Any recommendations for brake fluid?)

While I was at it I ripped out the interior and went through with the vacuum in every nook and cranny. Turns out there were a few little screws and clips missing here and there but a quick trip to U-Pull-It and Supercheap Auto fixed those up.

It's been about 4 months now and I'm enjoying ownership more and more although there are little things here and there that gets me but definitely nothing big enough for me to get rid of the car. It's not the fastest car I've owned but that's not the point of it.

Funny story. The day after I got from Melbourne (so the day before I died at the lights), my friend messaged me and was like "How the f**k are you already on Adelaide Japanese Car Spotting". I didn't know what he was talking about until he linked me haha. Turns out that page is pretty popular. That then lead to multiple friend and message requests and on Facebook which I didn't really understood why. I mean I understand that having a JDM front in Adelaide is pretty exclusive but it's such an accessible thing that if someone wanted a JDM, all they'd have to do is get a conversion shipped over and painted up.
    Never the less, I appreciate the car more so now.

I think I've rambled on long enough so I will leave you with photos from last Sunday's SA ITR/ CRX meet.

Last edited by lesnak; 19-06-17, 11:41 PM.

Welcome Le! Good to see you on here.

That was a nice introduction. Look forward to following your progress

Motul RBF600 and ATE Super Blue Racing are popular brake fluids used by regular track goers on here.
    Skibeemo.com

Comment

Welcome aboard! I was also intrigued with your car when I first saw photos of it.

Comment

Welcome Le! Thanks for sharing your story.

+1 on what Thanh recommended.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome! Nice DC2R, yellow is one of my favourite colours on the DC2R, along with white and red.

+1 on what Thanh/Chaumeh recommended. I used the ATE Super Blue Racing myself.
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Welcome buddy!!!!

Was really happy when I saw you rock up!!!! PY DC2R BROTHERS 4 LIFE!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X