Hardrace coilovers for DC2 Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardrace coilovers for DC2 Type R

Hi, just wondering if anyone has HardRace coilovers on their DC2R. Couldn't find any reviews on these since they were released quite recently... I am planning to get coilovers for my car just for daily street driving and occasional track days.

The spring rates on these are 10kg front and back..

Link:https://www.hardracesuspension.com.a...elet-type.html

I would just like any advice/thoughts/recommendations on these
    Any info will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Don't have a DC2R but got some Hardrace H-S coilovers on my EP3 recently, happy with them on the street and track.
    EP3 have 8 and 10kg spring rates front/rear though.
    Didn't have a chance to really test their full potential on the track but they felt very capable.

Comment

Originally posted by Feelz View Post
      Don't have a DC2R but got some Hardrace H-S coilovers on my EP3 recently, happy with them on the street and track.
      EP3 have 8 and 10kg spring rates front/rear though.
      Didn't have a chance to really test their full potential on the track but they felt very capable.
      Awesome! Please update me on how they perform overtime

Im just unsure about the 10kg front and rear on a DC2R.
      I do know that stock suspension is already well set up from the beginning.

Comment

I do not have coilovers on my DC2R but can shed some light on the spring rates. The 10kg/mm front and rear seems excessive for daily driving. I was considering getting the K-Tuned coilovers from JDMYard a while back but as they are 10kg F and 6kg R I thought it might sacrifice the ride quality and the stock setup was more than adequate (not low enough for my liking though).

I would be inclined to think if the rear has the same spring rate as the front it would tend to oversteer even more than stock. As the stock setup is 4.5kg F and 2.5-4.5kg R (progressive) this is why the back end seems to stiffen up during a corner. The weight distribution also predicts how a car will perform; when 62% of the weight is up front the springs are under more load then the rear and this may upset the balance of the car if coilovers of more than double the stock kg/mm setup are used.

It would be good if more people were on this forum to give a proper insight into this situation.

Check this previous forum out for more details on coilovers (DC2R Coilovers Spring Rates Ratio F/R).
        http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ates-Ratio-F-R
        Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

Working...
        X