• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Car Insurance. Anyone use it?

Hi ClubITR,

Only recently discovered this.
    Link from NRMA: https://www.nrma.com.au/car-insuranc...intage-classic
    Just wandering if anyone has their DC2R insured this way?

More info can be found out from an insurer themselves but would like to know the opinions of members first.

Thanks in advance!

yep ive got it on my S2000
    id say the DC2 wont be eligible as the S2000 just passed the requirements ie. has to be labelled a collectable etc

Comment

Yes, NRMA Classic & Vintage for my NSX. Allows me 10 days of usage per month, and a nominal amount of km's per annum.

The only way for me to affordably insure the car for it's actual value.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
        id say the DC2 wont be eligible as the S2000 just passed the requirements ie. has to be labelled a collectable etc
        Are you saying DC2R's aren't collectible? :P Less of them than S2k's haha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
          Yes, NRMA Classic & Vintage for my NSX. Allows me 10 days of usage per month, and a nominal amount of km's per annum.

The only way for me to affordably insure the car for it's actual value.
          What level of coverage? Is it closer towards Third Party Property or Comprehensive?

Comment

Originally posted by mryangtastic View Post
            What level of coverage? Is it closer towards Third Party Property or Comprehensive?
            Better than comprehensive. I get agreed value, rights to salvage if there is an accident, etc etc. All this and it costs about 1/4 of a Comprehensive policy. I do have other cars insured with NRMA also.

Insured value 80k, pay approx $770pa.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
              Better than comprehensive. I get agreed value, rights to salvage if there is an accident, etc etc. All this and it costs about 1/4 of a Comprehensive policy. I do have other cars insured with NRMA also.

Insured value 80k, pay approx $770pa.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
              Appreciate your input. Definitely helps.

Mileage per year is easy to track, but with the days/month limit... Wouldn't they be just guessing?

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mryangtastic View Post
                Appreciate your input. Definitely helps.

Mileage per year is easy to track, but with the days/month limit... Wouldn't they be just guessing?
                No worries! Yeah - I guess they would be guessing. I think the main thing is that they know the car is not a primary vehicle, ie. not your daily drive. Easy enough for me to prove given the other policies with them.
                I also notify them if I take the car out of town for a road trip etc. This is not a 'requirement' but I feel if they make a note on my policy that I would have less issues in the event of a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                  The DC2R is actually eligible. Have got it on my S2000 with a pretty good staff discount as I work for the sister company (NRMA Motoring & Services) not IAG (NRMA Insurance).
                  Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

nice to know berty. i was just assuming due to the s2000 just passing. had to sell it to the lady on the phone about low numbers and low kms on it etc
                    going to try and up my agreed value next year to around the 30k mark. see how that goes

Comment

Working...
                    X