No announcement yet.

Too's ED Shi-bi-ku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things will be noisy at the next track day. Excited.
    Baskerville Raceway, Tas PB 1:07.84 [Nankang AR1]

Comment

You'll probably want to run something more serious than a W2/NS400 with what you've got. Details on the exhaust? I like how the fuel cans seem to fit perfect in that plastic crate, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Austro View Post
        You'll probably want to run something more serious than a W2/NS400 with what you've got. Details on the exhaust? I like how the fuel cans seem to fit perfect in that plastic crate, haha.
        As far as pad choice, as I daily the car I want a pad that can operate well from ambient temp. I have now begun to consider Project Mu HC800's, and potentially the Winmax 3's, so it might end one of these two...Cost is something worth considering, I like to know what the difference is buying too.

Yeah its a good little move with the Coles produce crate, when little things work out like that I cant help but smile.

The muffler delete is 2.5" ID.
        Last edited by toocivic; 30-10-17, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Hc+ or W3 are both great street/track pads. Winmax equivalents seem to cheaper than the pmu so probably the way to go. Lots of places in Melbourne that stock both brands so will be easy to find someone that sells either. Garage 460 sells both brands I believe so would be a good idea to contact them. Pmu aus prices are stupid expensive.

Exhaust section looks good! You'll fit In with the loud Honda guys now haha

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

HC800 can feel a bit 'dead' the first time you stand on the brakes when cold, but after that there are no issues.
            Other than the dust, I'd have no issues daily driving with them.
            They also last a long time in our light chassis/low powered cars.
            1997 Honda Civic EK4
            Winton - 1:34.94
            Bryant Park clockwise - 55.58
            Bryant Park figure 8 - 61.30
            Wakefield - 1:10.16
            Phillip Island - 1:55.43

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
              Hc+ or W3 are both great street/track pads. Winmax equivalents seem to cheaper than the pmu so probably the way to go. Lots of places in Melbourne that stock both brands so will be easy to find someone that sells either. Garage 460 sells both brands I believe so would be a good idea to contact them. Pmu aus prices are stupid expensive.

Exhaust section looks good! You'll fit In with the loud Honda guys now haha
              Thanks for the advice Todd. I will price them up and see how things work out. Yeah it will be nice to fit in, compared to being surrounded by blown Commodores, and WRX's, not that it isn't fun being that annoying little hatchback that seems to keep up...

Originally posted by iwearmoccos View Post
              HC800 can feel a bit 'dead' the first time you stand on the brakes when cold, but after that there are no issues.
              Other than the dust, I'd have no issues daily driving with them.
              They also last a long time in our light chassis/low powered cars.
              Cheers Rhy for the impression. I'll keep that in mind...still up in the air but it sounds like the Mu's might be the ticket, nothing but good feedback.

Very much looking forward to being on the mainland. Keen to meet the people I've connected with via FB, IG, and forums in person, as well as being able to run the car at different tracks.
              Last edited by toocivic; 01-11-17, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iwearmoccos View Post
                That's what outlap/warm up laps are for haha. The first corner when I touch the brake pedal with the W5, the car barely stops. Few brake checks on the outlap and I'm good to go once I get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                  That's what outlap/warm up laps are for haha. The first corner when I touch the brake pedal with the W5, the car barely stops. Few brake checks on the outlap and I'm good to go once I get into it.

I was referencing street use, I've well versed on out laps!
                  1997 Honda Civic EK4
                  Winton - 1:34.94
                  Bryant Park clockwise - 55.58
                  Bryant Park figure 8 - 61.30
                  Wakefield - 1:10.16
                  Phillip Island - 1:55.43

Comment

Ah yeah makes sense. I've just always got the track on my mind haha

I didn't really have that problem with them on the s2k. I do have that with the W5 though

Comment

Yeah day-to-day performance takes priority over out right performance in my case.

I imagine you would Todd, aren't they a 100-700deg brake pad?

Comment

Yeah something like that. Maybe 150-750. I'm certain the upper temp is 750 but can't remember the other. Either way they still work if I do a quick drive, they're just noisy and take a little extra pressure to stop. Nothing major.

Comment

100-750 for the W5

Also forgot to mention, Hawk pads are something else that you could consider and they're not too expensive even after exchange rate and shipping costs from the states.

Comment

Working...
                          X