Wakefield dB limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakefield dB limit

85dB for standard days. 95dB for race days.

Surely this is going to affect Wakefield long term.

Discuss.
    ClubITR | Like

Especially when a stock Yaris got pinged at the last Yez Racing track day!

The thing is, it's still hard to get a track day at SMSP and Wakefield has a monopoly of sorts with all the track clubs going there.

Will noise limits affect them long term? I doubt it - they can choose to be more flexible if it impacts their business. What will affect them is SMSP making it easier for clubs to organise and run track days.

What will kill Wakefield is if SMSP split their circuits to run concurrent track days (ie North and South circuit at the same time).

Even if SMSP applies those strict noise limits, people will be prepared to take the gamble as it's not too far to travel and if something needs to be fixed, easily done.

Comment

I've only been on a race day with the new rules and passed. But it's scary not knowing if on a standard day I will pass or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally I was quite certain my car would exceed 85dB-90dB (Amuse R1 titan exhaust no resonator ), as my car is much louder than those of my friends. I recently drove on a Circuit Club day which had a limit of 90dB and didn't get called out at all for being too loud. There were a couple cars who were recorded at 94dB/96dB. Those guys were given warnings/advice to "short shift" or change the way they perform turn 2 in order for them not to be caught out.

At the end of the day I think it's at the discretion of the Wakefield staff present on the day as to whether or not they boot someone for being too loud.

I do feel this will affect Wakefield somewhat as people will definitely go elsewhere (perhaps even back to the streets...). At times I considered not risking the two hour drive only to find out the car was too loud, therefore ditching Wakefield indefinitely.
        Shak's S2000

Comment

I was at the Yez Day on Monday 6th and my car got pinged once for 91dB.
          The EP3 is pretty damn loud so doesn't make sense when:
          - Stock cars getting pinged for 85dB+
          - I only got pinged once considering I didn't make any changes

I'm co-orgainising a day in May and have asked Wakefield for some clarity on the 85dB limit.

Comment

My days are always at 95db.

I guess it is a bit of an education process for all. There have been noise restrictions at the track since it was built, so this is not a new thing.

When there are race meetings, the same 95db limit applies. If your car is over 95db at the track, it is probably over 110db on the road.
            John Boston
            john@trackschool.com.au
            http://www.trackschool.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Bozman View Post
              There have been noise restrictions at the track since it was built, so this is not a new thing.
              Why does it seem like it's only been an issue until now?
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
              X