FK8 Honda Civic Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FK8 Honda Civic Type R

Crazy styling from Honda compared to the understated look of previous Type Rs.

I like it.
    ClubITR | Like

In summary:
    • 2.0-litre VTEC turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine
    • 235kW
    • 400Nm
    • Macpherson strut front suspension
    • Independent multi-link system at the rear

Source
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Pretty cool walk through by Car Throttle.

ClubITR | Like

Comment

The FK8 is nothing but srs bsns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know i've been away from these forums for a while now...but what is srs bsns??

Comment

Cant wait to see this in person! Looks so fricken awesome.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
            FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
              I know i've been away from these forums for a while now...but what is srs bsns??
              Just short for 'serious business' haha
              00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
              13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
              15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

New FWD record at the infamous Nurburgring!

The FK8 has lapped it in 7 minutes, 43.8 seconds stealing the title from the Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport S (known here as the GTI 40 Years Edition) which managed a time of 7 minutes 49.21 seconds in May last year.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/545143/2...ng-lap-record/
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Here's the lap record footage!

ClubITR | Like

Comment

It may not be the prettiest but dam it's fast. Congrats to Honda. That time has blown away the special edition vw golf. Honda is very keen to keep this title, I have read that they were set to up the power output if needed. Not that it was required.
                    It will be interesting to see what a Jdm, mugen or special edition produces. After long drought Honda looks to be back on song and planing to stay.

Comment

Uncontrollable smiling and laughing!!!!! love this.

Comment

There will be 5 colours to choose from!

Championship White, Rally Red, Crystal Black, Sonic Grey and Brilliant Sporty Blue.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/551784/2...tober-release/
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

I would love a fk8 swap into a dc2r
                          if only they sold just the engine

Comment

Fk8 engine is good but not great yet! 1.2bar on a k20-24 will produce 250kw upward depending on turbo size. The big hurdle for the fk8 engine is the exhaust manifold being incorporated into the cyclinder head. This produces a lot of heat to be trapped in the head causing detonation to accure. Aswell the exhaust manifold is sorrounded by a water jacket very much reducing the ability to port. All of this is designed for good low emissions and fast warm up.

I said yet for a reason! With is engine making its way to the Yankees it will have a really big aftermarket backing. The power hungry yanks will push this to the limits and beyond. I am excited to see how it plays out!

Comment

^ yeh good point mate
                              I'm sure the aftermarket community will develop it further
                              for me the appeal is the OEM quality boosted package
                              I have had a bad experience with turbo on a dc5 which I would never do again
                              but if this engine was on the market at a reasonable price i would seriously consider it...
                              I think there is a market for OEM boosted honda engines...and this is a great opportunity for honda to resurrect a majority of their previous models with boost.
                              leave it to the aftermarket community to develop the specific kits but put the engine on the damn market!

Comment

Working...
                              X