X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iwearmoccos View Post
    Let me fix that for you.
    Todd_EK by I WEAR MOCCOS, on Flickr
    I second this, doesn't even need a big drop on the 16s!

Comment

Originally posted by Austro View Post
      I second this, doesn't even need a big drop on the 16s!
      It does require coilovers which I don't have/intend to get for this car though.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well then...
        Update from over the long weekend. I had a long list of jobs to do. Realistically I completed one

Common issue with every civic I've ever been in is the arm rest on the doorcard breaking overtime. Mine was no different with both sides showing significant damage.

The driver side was a pretty simple fix as the broken piece was still attached, just badly cracked. I simply glued it back together then applied an epoxy coat over the top and it was rock solid. I wasn't so lucky with the passenger side with no pieces being left behind. I used my spare bonnet to make some carbon gap fillers, glued them in then laid epoxy over the top again. Finally some good ol gaffa tape was laid to keep any future broken bits attached.

In the end it came up great and you can rest your arm on the arm rest again!

Comment

So that was the one job I finished. Now for one of the jobs I did not finish

In my last update I mentioned that both CV joints were now clicking on tighter turns so I had to replace then. 'Luckily' for me a set of d series shafts were posted locally for cheap so I jumped on them in preperation to do the swap.

Set the car up on Saturday afternoon and started doing the swap expecting it to take an hour or two. First surprise on the passenger side was the bottom balljoint being cross threaded and when I removed the nut it striped the threads
          Had to remove the whole hub and get a replacement balljoint on Sunday morning thanks to josh. Got the new balljoint in and finished up the passenger side.

Moved onto the driver side and no stripped balljoint there, hooray! However the supplied driveshaft would not fit in the gearbox end and on inspection it was slightly bigger/longer than the one that came out so no dice. Put the old one back in and contacted the seller and he said he must've mixed them up and brought around another shaft. It was dark now so I figured I'd finish the next day.

Come Monday and I pull everything out to swap and again this driveshaft won't fit in the gearbox either and is slightly shorter this time. Really don't know what's happening so the old shaft is back in again and I'll just get some reconditioned ones to go in at some point.

Apparently the shafts supplied came out of a manual d16y4 ek which is the same as mine. The passenger side shaft went in no issue but can't get the driver side to work. I'm noob at d series/ek etc so maybe someone can shed some light on the topic? It was a frustrating 2 and a bit days haha

Top shaft is the one that came out of the car. Bottom is the supplied one that came out of the same set up apparently?

Comment

Well then
            A lot and not a lot has happened since the June update. Hit a wombat on the way to the snow one morning, well swerved and bumped him a bit. Enough to push me off the road and lock up the tyres to try and avoid the scrub.
            Flat spotted the two front tyres, ripped the passenger side guard liner off and chewed that apart, cracked the front bumper and lip, broke the passenger side sway bar endlink and bent the outer tie rod so the steering was all janky. A fair bit but could've been a lot worse and I was still able to continue to the snow and back at the end of the weekend, albeit a bit slower than usual.

The next weekend I hit up the wreckers and grabbed the guard liner, outer tie rod and endlink and swapped them over. Swapped the flat spotted wheels to the back (for now), cable tied and glued the bumper/lip back together and then touched up the paint a bit and got an alignment to get the steering wheel back to centre.

With everything fixed and the car driving normally again, minus the bumping from the flat spotted tyres in the back it was back to normal duties for the car. Few more snow trips over the season and just general daily driving racked up the kms and the car now has 235,000km on it and still running fine.

Gave it a service last weekend and with the excess penrite 5w-40 and oem filters I have laying around the civic got treated to the good stuff! Also replaced the sump bolt and crush washer as there was a bunch of residue around it last time I swapped the oil over.

Now I'm just waiting for bridgestone to do a 4 for 3 sale and I'll grab a new set of 205 re003 to throw on. Pads and brakes need to be replaced soon as well, not sure what I'll do there. Maybe some hc+ and then I might even take the ek to the track for some fun here and there.

Last edited by Toddxxx; 19-11-18, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
              Now I'm just waiting for bridgestone to do a 4 for 3 sale and I'll grab a new set of 205 re003 to throw on. Pads and brakes need to be replaced soon as well, not sure what I'll do there. Maybe some hc+ and then I might even take the ek to the track for some fun here and there.
              D16 EK track cars ftw!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Austro View Post
                D16 EK track cars ftw!!!
                Haha I think I'll still enjoy the S2000 more but it might be fun to jump in the ek every now and then

Comment

I went into Costco Casula last Friday, pretty sure they got the buy 3 get one free tyre special on RE003 now. This was for 195/50/15 though so might have to double check.

Comment

Ended up getting the re003 on the 4 for 3 sale just before Xmas. Went with 205/50/16 to hopefully fill the non lowered guards a little better. Achieved that but now I'm rubbing a bit in the rear on bumps so will definitely need to roll the rear guards. The fronts are already done so no need there.
                    Brakes and rotors next. Going to go with oem blank rotors but any suggestions for a decent cheap street pad that could also handle a track day once or twice a year potentially [emoji14]

Comment

Working...
                    X