Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda DC5R Engine/Gearbox Oil

Hi ClubITR,

I know this topic has been covered on the forums before, but I guess opinions and views change over time.

So my Honda DC5R needs to be serviced soon.

I was just wondering what everyone else is using for their engine and gearbox oil?

I currently have Penrite 10W-40 Racing Tenths for the engine but not sure what to use for the gearbox? (Castrol, Honda MTF, Penrite or Redline)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Last edited by THELAOASIAN; 11-09-19, 10:55 AM.
    Drop a gear and disappear

Option R Mechanical

i've been using Honda MTF for years. its fine for the street! FYi the MTF weight is 75-80..

currently I use the penrite full synthetic 75-85. a tad thicker than the oem. and is also cheaper when on sale than the mineral based mtf..
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

I have been using just the Castrol Edge 5w30 and has been good so far. I even had the oil sent out for analysis and came back with good results.

For the gearbox, I've only ever used Honda MTF and has been great for me in the S2000.

I'm not familiar with what is best for the Kseries gearbox as I know they are more prone to overheating and having shifting issues.
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

I use Honda FEO 10w30 engine oil and Honda MTF transmission fluid in my DC2R.

Both have been great for street usage.
        Skibeemo.com

Comment

Honda mtf is great for everyday users. It is a thinner oil so it works well cold and helps the smooth shift feel when cold. It begins to show its limits on hot or heavy loaded use. A lot of people go alittle thicker at the cost of the silky feel when the oil is cold.
          I use penrite full synthetic 80-90 but I am 370 whp on a stock dc5r gearbox.

Comment

Working...
          X