Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R - ECU/injector issue

Hey Guys,

I'm new to CITR but have been lurking in other Honda forums on and off for a while.

So i recently bought a DC5R that has a supercharger installed. The car hadn't been driven for over a year and was just sitting in a mates shed. I couldn't say no to buying it as it was cheap.

The car has a misfire on cylinder #4; so after purchasing the car i changed spark plugs, check coils and checked the injectors. All injectors were fine and i didn't know what was going on. Injectors are RC 550cc

As i couldn't figure it out, i sent it to my mechanic. He has told me it is the ECU but he has not opened it up.

Has anyone had this issue before and ended up being the ECU?
    My question is; Do i have to buy the same ECU? so for a k20a2 as i can't seem to find any being sold

I currently have a KPRO i believe?

Thanks,

Simo

so you only "checked" the coils, not replaced them and now wanna know if you should buy a new ECU?
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      so you only "checked" the coils, not replaced them and now wanna know if you should buy a new ECU?
      The coils are fine, the issue is that injector #4 isn't pulsing. My mechanic has told me that the wiring is fine and the only other thing it could be is the ECU but he hasn't opened it up or tried to see what happening through Kmanager as the plug to connect a cable is snapped.

So if it is the ECU do i have to buy the exact same ecu as i've tried calling wreckers around vic but it seems like no one has seen one in a long time.

Could i buy an ecu from say a k24 motor and get KPRO?

Comment

Originally posted by etbsimo View Post
        The coils are fine, the issue is that injector #4 isn't pulsing. My mechanic has told me that the wiring is fine and the only other thing it could be is the ECU but he hasn't opened it up or tried to see what happening through Kmanager as the plug to connect a cable is snapped.

So if it is the ECU do i have to buy the exact same ecu as i've tried calling wreckers around vic but it seems like no one has seen one in a long time.

Could i buy an ecu from say a k24 motor and get KPRO?
        Your best bet is to beg/borrow another K pro ECU to test in your vehicle.

Another K series ECU (and only DC5/EP3 ECUs will work) won't start the car due to the immobiliser. You'd need to have the immobiliser re-coded to match your existing keys, and then the ECU may not even fix the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X