Kavehman's DC2R Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kavehman's DC2R Restoration

Well a couple of guys have been encouraging me to start up a thread so here goes.

About 11 years ago I purchased my first DC2R, and sold it shortly after getting married about 5 years ago. Yes kids you make sacrifices when you get married. I loved that car and scoured carsales and photos hoping to see it again one day. It was immaculate and went through it's own restoration at one stage having a full window out respray courtesy of insurance. Anyways I'll let the photos do the talking.

Fast forward to 2016 and one of my mates decided it was time to part ways with his Milano Pink DC2R, long storey short this was the car I was originally supposed to buy but couldn't at the time. So my buddy bought it.

Mechanically the car is perfect, but physically not so much. The lack of washes, and being parked outside had taken it's toll on the paint and the rubber trim on the car. Thankfully the interior is alright and not faded. Just needs a good clean.

So I received approvals from the Mrs and the restoration began.

Eventually I will replace all the rubber trim, badges, stickers etc..

I'm not 100% happy with the respray if I'm being honest, the painter managed to ruin the finish on my Volks and Spoon Calipers, and managed to get overspray on the Mugen Twinloop. He was supposed to fix some panel damage but didn't do much to fix it. I ended up fixing and aligning most of it myself.

Admittedly the Volks probably needed refinishing... but still I don't understand why he had to ruin them. We all know anodised wheels and acid don't mix. Anyways down th eline I'll powder coat Volks and the calipers.

New Parts

New rear window rubber installed. Major pain in the ass to do, I don't recommend it. This 1 seal cost $190

Old Alarm coming out

Found an old school tracking device

That's it for now. I'll keep updating as I go. I'm in the middle of cleaning up the interior and getting a new alarm installed.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Looks like a quality build. Keep it up.

Comment

Wow kavehman. OEM restoration parts ftw!

Did you keep the TE37's and Spoon calipers from your black car?
      Skibeemo.com

Comment

Spotted this car at Sharpline during my many visits there

Looking good bud!
        Shak's S2000

Comment

Great read! Love a good restoration.

Part # and price for the rear quarters if you don't mind me asking ? (via PM if possible haha)
          00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
          13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
          15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Very nice, keen to see where this goes

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stalis View Post
              Very nice, keen to see where this goes

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
              Update your own thread please LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                Wow kavehman. OEM restoration parts ftw!

Did you keep the TE37's and Spoon calipers from your black car?
                No my buddy and I actually did some very similar modifications so they were already on the car when I purchased it.

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
                Great read! Love a good restoration.

Part # and price for the rear quarters if you don't mind me asking ? (via PM if possible haha)
                I got a quote for supply from Scotts locally and the price was $508.45 for each rear quarter glass.

I ordered them from the US for about $350 each factoring in exchange and shipping. The box they came in was crushed beyond belief. I was amazed the glass wasn't smashed.

Part Numbers are
                Right 73501ST7505
                Left 73551ST7505

BTW Parts I am trying to track down if anyone can help. Minty or Near minty used is good too.
                Kick Panels for drivers side
                Upper and lower steering column covers (prefer new).

Biggest problem I have at the moment is finding time to install all the parts I have ordered.
                /Oo ___H___ oO\
                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Love restoration builds!

How does it feel to be back in a DC2R?
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Awesome! Love these builds!
                    I'd be so pissed about the wheels though! *angryface*

Comment

About time you did this!

PS. I still have all the photo's i took for your carsales ad about 5 yrs ago if you want them

Comment

Welcome back! Good to see you're bringing another DC2R back to life, your old black one was mint.
                        Last edited by ChargeR; 08-12-16, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Are we all that old that restoring DC2Rs is now a topic?

Looking forward to your build... and hoping I never have to do it
                          1988 CRX
                          1999 Integra Type R
                          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Keeping an eye on this. Always love a well done restoration.

Comment

Any updates on this thread?? or have you ran out of time Kavehman?

Comment

Working...
                              X