Track injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track injuries

I've been spending more time on the track again since my youngest is nearly 2 years old now. I've also realised that with age, my muscles are nowhere near what they were 20 years ago...which leads me to think in the event of an accident on the track, what are the most likely injuries I'll suffer (based on the types of injuries sustained by others).

At this moment, I have a 6 point harness and an entry level, open face Bell helmet...which can only add to the injuries as the harness will restrict body movement, but the heavier helmet will also mean greater inertia on the head/neck. I don't have HANS, but I do occasionally use a donut.

If people are willing to share, please do, without naming individuals. Let's keep it to track day hacks like us, not those that race door-to-door.

Through hearsay, I've heard of one MX5 driver sustaining serious neck injuries after crashing into a tyre wall...as I pointed out above..

if you crash, you will hurt your neck.

it will just be by "how much"...

buy HANS
    ... retired/

Comment

My friend had a minor crash at sandown. Minor, meaning he walked away without "injury", front end of his clubman was wrecked though.

He had a sore neck for a few weeks, most likely wouldn't have felt anything with a Hans.

I've come off a couple of times, luckily I haven't hit anything yet. I'm getting a HANS.

You can also look at the nexgen for some side impact neck protection.

Comment

Working...
      X