Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20180429 - Wakefield Track Day - NSCC

20180429 - Wakefield Track Day - NSCC

Got pulled in to NSCC Track Day. It was a cheap $190 for the day. Why not?
    The only change from the South Circuit day was a change in front brake pads and brake fluid.
    The Intima SR were worn, but not completely. I replaced them with Ferodo DS2500. They seemed to be a track day staple, yet I've never tried them.
    Old Motul RBF600 was pumped out for some Castrol SRF to fill the lines.

The day started cold and I had no idea what I was doing. First passenger session clocked a 1:14.9 (which wasn't too bad considering I was .7 seconds off my PB in December with an additional passenger and lack of racing line memory).
    Second session. Immediate happiness. 1:12.6.

I continued in to the third session with 1:12.5.

I got instruction from Minh @ trak-life and learnt that I could turn in earlier and mid-apex.
    My strategy for my last few track days was to late apex. I could feel the earlier turn in resulted in an overall smoother corner.
    Whether faster or not, I'm not too sure because I spun out after the kink coming out of pit of the next timed session. Cold tires.
    Confidence killer. Ended the day there with one session remaining.

Track day coming up this Sunday. Hoping for a dry day.
    I have swapped out my front RDA slotted+dimpled rotors (cracks forming) for DBA T3 4000s.
    Could I aim for low 1:12? My optimal on RaceChrono showed 1:11.5, but I'm not superman.

Comment

When is the next track day. Monday 14/05?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

20180513 - Wakefield Track Day - Trackschool

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        When is the next track day. Monday 14/05?
        Actually was 13 May.
        I'm not keen on taking a day off work to go to the track. I've done it before and it's the most blissful experience ever though.

20180513 - Wakefield Track Day - Trackschool
        Went with the RaceDivision crew because pit garages were organised for the group.
        Kenny came along last minute, so we organised him as a second driver.
        John Boston arranged us to drive in the second session. I never thought I would ever drive in the session below the top group, but here I was. Kenny had to keep up with the pack too.
        Not a preferable day to set PBs. The track was dirty and I lost momentum / consistency alternating with Kenny.
        So at the end of the day, I only managed to hit a 1:13.5, a second off my best.
        Kenny was able to set a mid 1:15. New PB for him in the EP3. Second time driving the EP3.

Comment

20180526/27 - New... Daily? - Megane RS 250 Cup Trophee

20180526/27 - New... Daily? - Megane RS 250 Cup Trophee

I know this isn't OZRS, but I'd like to spread the word.
          The Civic started to look less and less roadworthy as time went on. And I felt like driving something more... modern and comfortable.
          I drove my friend's factory example only a week prior and I can only describe it as a more capable, turbo EP3. It was so stable through the corners of Putty.

So a week later, I picked up a Megane RS 250 Cup Trophee from Melbourne!
          It is a RS Tuner flashed ECU, I believe it's the equivalent of a Stage 1? It's got a Scorpion exhaust (dealer option?), OZ Racing wheels, pads + rotors from a TrophyR.
          Of course, pictures!

Comment

Love those seats! My neighbour runs a Renault dealership and I’ve been tempted so many times! Maybe when my son takes over the FN2R...

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
              Love those seats! My neighbour runs a Renault dealership and I’ve been tempted so many times! Maybe when my son takes over the FN2R...
              Give one a drive on a twisty road. I got hooked.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Comment

His son bought an RS Clio. I got in, looked at the wonky glovebox and he said...yup, good ‘ol French build quality.

Comment

20180825 - Trackschool Trackday - First Wet Trackday

Very first track day in the wet.
                  Kenny drove the EP3, I drove the Megane. Wet PB set as 1:31.7 by Kenny.
                  Sold the green CE28N with the Kumho V70A, so drove on TE37 with the Bridgestone Potenza RE070.

I had a drive of this in a later session. The difference between the Megane and Civic is... large.
                  Megane felt more stable and grippy overall. Probably thanks to traction control and fresh set of Yokohama Neova AD08. The Megane has quite an aggressive LSD from factory, may be that helped too.
                  Patience was required in the Civic. Apply throttle resulted in pure understeer.

Good learning day and I found it was really fun in the wet.
                  All I can say is that the Megane RS was AMAZING when it pours!

Comment

Mods haven't stopped on the EP3.

I found out that Mike @ MotoIQ adopted an EP Civic.
                    https://motoiq.com/project-ep3-civic...how-to-fix-it/
                    Mission to improve the handling of the worst handling Civic? I took a thorough read through.
                    I've had inverted tie rod ends previously and they weren't too helpful in reducing bumpsteer.

At the end of it and a few months later with a few visits to RaceDivision, the car now has:
                    • Hardrace Roll Centre Adjusters
                    • Whiteline Caster bushings
                    • K-SYSTEM Steering Rack Slider
                    • Wheel alignment done

Side note - MCA X-Rs also got rebuilt due to leak. 3 of the 4 dampening adjusters also were replaced. Outside of warranty period, the rebuild consumed some decent money. I also opted to swap the springs down from 10/18 to 7/10. The stiffer set up was just so harsh on the streets.

I'm wanting a BBK and still doing research.
                    I've just replaced my worn Ferodo DS2500 with some Intima Type D V2 for now.

The RE070s currently on the TE37s aren't too amazing for the track. I'm leaning towards some Hankook RS4s or go for some Nankang AR1s, if I'm going to chase times.

Will have my first Luddenham 'Track Attack' this Sunday. Time to check out this course.
                    Last edited by mryangtastic; 11-01-19, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Had a blast at Luddenham with Dean (MRK20A).
                      Good to see another EP3 out there. Don't see too many of us on track... Worst handling Honda, of course.
                      My PB of the day was 56.9, I realise that age of a tire is quite important. I was running Potenza RE070 in 225/45R17 of the 2015 vintage and for the whole day, they would just squeal no matter what.

Video:
                      https://youtu.be/mrqZMXII-Qw

Comment

Will have to get out to luddenham with you sometime man!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X