Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacky's EP3.

Hi ClubITR,

Long time lurker, but it's time to share my EP3R.

Modifications have come on and off.
    I won't dwell on the past so I'll list the current modifications as of 3/10/2016.
    • GruppeM
    • PLM Header + 100cel
    • Fujitsubo RM01A
    • MCA X-R
    • Hardrace inverted tie rod ends
    • ProjectMu NS400 f&r
    • Whiteline front and rear sway bars
    • Whiteline camber bolts
    • Energy Suspension engine mount inserts
    • Hardrace rear camber arms
    • Hardrace lower control arms
    • BuddyClub P1 16x7+35

Future modifications
    • RRC intake manifold + Skunk2 throttle body
    • Hondata KPro V3

I don't intend to modify it any further than that.

Track
    I've attended three track days.
    All have been with Circuit Club @ Wakefield Park.

First one was Labour Day of 2015. Really nice to meet Berty and have him guide me in to improving my laptime.
    Second was Australia Day of 2016. Another great day. Was able to see what negative front camber could offer. Positive result. Improved laptime to edge in front of an NSX.
    From this day forward my EP3 was known as the NSX Killer, jk lol.
    Third day was sometime in March 2016. Didn't really want to remember this one. Alignment loosened up middle of the day... Spun out... Check engine light... IACV needed cleaning... Not a happy day.

Currently the cars going in to a stage of Compliance.
    First ever defect was this year. I'd say... May?
    I went out to play Pokemon Go and drove home at 12am on a Thursday.
    HWP waited a light so he could pull me over. That night I learnt a tilted number plate = hefty fine.
    Tint was also ripped off, GruppeM replaced the defective Injen CAI. Got fined for driving with foglights too.
    Second instance, was a defect station. 2 defects. Suspension and tint. Tint?! What tint?! It's privacy glass. They measured it as 21% VLT and wrote the ticket.
    Engineers' certificate will be the answer once everything is complete. Although I am aware there have been occasions where they have been completely ignored.

So here we are now. I SHOULD easily complete my modifications list this year.
    And hopefully, I can enjoy forever after.
    Last edited by mryangtastic; 03-10-16, 09:00 PM.

Love to see what kind of power you will get with the KPro
    Needs more pics!

Comment

Originally posted by ricciardi80 View Post
      Love to see what kind of power you will get with the KPro
      Needs more pics!
      Hope his satisfies your need.

Looking back at it now a stock EP3R looks absolutely awesome...

Comment

Nice photos!

Where was this taken? Cool view.

ClubITR | Like

Comment

nice EP3
          just curiously what does that chinese character say/mean?
          Follow on Facebook
          http://www.facebook.com/96BRG

Follow on Instagram
          http://www.instagram.com/96BRG

Comment

Originally posted by mryangtastic View Post
            Hope his satisfies your need.
            Very nice photos. I do like the face lift model.
            Owning an EP3 myself, its nice to see a build thread. There aren't enough on here.

Comment

Originally posted by ricciardi80 View Post
              Very nice photos. I do like the face lift model.
              Owning an EP3 myself, its nice to see a build thread. There aren't enough on here.
              I'm glad to answer any questions as best as I can.
              Originally posted by stephen8512 View Post
              nice EP3
              just curiously what does that chinese character say/mean?
              It's the J's Racing bumper sticker. In Chinese, art. In Japanese, supposedly technique?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Nice photos!

Where was this taken? Cool view.

Collaroy Plateau. A popular place to take a Facebook cover photo for the Northern Beaches drivers. [emoji1]

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

Comment

21 Oct 2016 Tune Night.

Was actually meant to be 20th but a drag car showed up at Insight Motorsport and took until 2230 to start doing their power runs. 1.5 hours spent driving and 4 hours sitting around... So that got postponed for the next evening.

It was almost a repeat. But this night, there was a gearbox job. Once again... 4 hours later the car finally got on to the dyno. Yes, I'm an extremely tolerant person.

Started up trying to set rev limits. Something was not going right as Adrian gestures a thumbs down. Quick swap of the KPRO cable and the rest of the night was filled with power runs and cruising speed testing.

2315 - tune complete.

Paid a pretty penny and then drove away in the damp wet conditions.

So what did I think? To be honest, I don't know. It felt refined, smooth and very OEM.

As I drove it more, I'm sure I will notice and realise how the tune has really affected the car.

What did I expect? A bigger torque jump in the middle, and an even more subtle crossover. No idea why.... But my brain was expecting a more "turbo character" out of there car.

I don't think my brain has fully understood what's going on and once I start "comparing speeds" with other cars, it will become much clearer.

Last edited by mryangtastic; 23-10-16, 12:19 AM.

Comment

22 Oct 2016 - Evo Wheels

Picked up a set 6 days ago. Fitted them on to find out a tire was slowly leaking. No time to check nor fix, the P1 was slapped back on for dyno night.

This morning, I went to NB Tyres for a wheel alignment and to get the leaky wheel checked out. Miniscule nail was found. Tyre was plugged up.

Wheel alignment time. Focusing on the rear camber to help reduce rubbing. Everything else got adjusted within spec too.

Although it helped, the rear still needs a roll.
                    17x8 +38
                    235 45 R17

Got home. Brother woke up. Pair of P1 out of the car, combine it worth the pair in the garage... And boom. DC2R with P1s.
                    16x7 +35
                    205 50 R16

It's rubbing much worse than the Civic. Especially with 50 profile tyres. Kenny didn't really like the feel of the steering after changing from the factory wheels... If he gets used to it, then the guards will be rolled. Personally, I like the factory look of a DC2R.

Last edited by mryangtastic; 23-10-16, 10:54 PM.

Comment

More track time is needed young Jacky!
                      Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
                        Nice update. What other plans does Kenny have for this DC2R?
                        Not set in stone, but if he was to do something, it'd be similar to mine.
                        I/H/E setup followed by a tune would be nice.
                        Took me 2 years to make the EP3 happen. Don't expect anything too drastic, too soon.

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                        More track time is needed young Jacky!
                        Indeed. Brakes first.
                        Rotors have glazed. Replacement EBC rotors and HEL braided lines are awaiting.

Clutch has been diagnosed as 'on the way out' by Dedy @ Top One since my first service in 2014.
                        It's 2016. Still haven't had it replaced. Definitely another priority.

Comment

Man if EP3R's were as popular here in Perth as they were over east I would have got me one for sure; yours is wicked clean man

Comment

Need to have a group photo jacky! NB represent [emoji14][emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

153Kw is a good figure. Does it feel like it has more torque in the lower RPM ranges?

My clutch was diagnosed the same when I bought mine. Lasted 12 months, before it went! Left me stranded in the city!!
                              My advice would be to get it fixed before it leaves you stranded, plus tow costs etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X