DC2 VTiR with wooshy noises & other random cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so finally got this junk on the track.

allow me to start by saying that I'm pretty chuffed considering I have not driven hot laps on a track for about 7 years? and this was my first time on this track and first time to even drive the car hard.. and despite having to baby it I managed a good time (I think)

stayed in goulburn the night before so we could have an early start..

quick check of the brake bolts and a brake bleed

did a few easy laps to warm tyres etc. gave it a very small squirt and got black flagged haha. Noise limit for the day was 90DB and I was at 103DB. racecars amirite????

nws mate stick a can with a rag in it

car felt shit as I left pits (obvs would) didnt even make it one whole warm up lap before...

tried rubber silicon pointing away from the mic - didnt get picked up by cam but warden told me still too loud and if I gave it a proper hit I'd get pinged again

so tried to find next step

safety first amirite

'went into town to an exhaust shop where old mate put another hotdog on

did a few easy laps cause I just waned to get a feel of the car anyway. marshall must have felt bad for me so he said just go for it and if he gets in trouble then he will pull me in.

gave it a bit more of a squeeze. still cruising down main straight and past camera.

managed a 1:10:550 whilst babying it past the camera and the damn shifter not going into 4th while downshifting for the 2nd turn. lol I dont like the shifter thats in it. I'll deal with that in the future.

over all I'm happy with the car. I reckon once I sort out exhaust (I was still 97.5db so couldnt really fang it) and fine tune my line a bit more I'll get it lower. I have a gut feeling 1:08 would be pretty easy peasy. but as above, considering first time out on this track and first time out in this car. I'm pretty well pleased.

met up with the other guys at hjs before heading down... nek minnit see this

Comment

Good stuff mate, definitely sounds like there's more in it.
      The noise limits at Wakefield definitely put a dampen on things though. I got a warning when they lowered the camera from 95 to 85db the other week but i just scraped through luckily.
      You were worse off though having to go to an exhaust shop and all.. sucks

Comment

Bummer about the exhaust. Still put down a nice time tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

went to tarmac rally sprint. finished 37th overall out of 90. happy with that.

got home and realized I finished 3rd in the under 2l 2wd class but I didnt attend awarding lol.

race cars obvs need tlc too

ended up fitting RS3's from JDMyard just before I went to scrutineering. good idea I say.

Comment

https://youtu.be/9SyOSYckN0Q

Onboard from the night. Its dark til midway

Comment

gonna change shifters cause I hate the one I've got lol

more pics cause pics r cool

probs my fave

Comment

Which event were the last photos from? Looks fun.
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

the whiteline tarmac rally sprint at eastern creek! heaps fun. going again march 16th

Comment

nice work man,
                    u get a good deal on those rs3's???
                    don't need mine anymore???
                    my sale thread 21.01.12
                    CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

they were sponsored I still need spares though!!!

I have a shifter for you here though

Comment

Originally posted by loveb View Post
                        they were sponsored I still need spares though!!!

I have a shifter for you here though
                        i like the sound of sponsored...
                        u want me to bring the tyres to u at jamboree???

ill call u over the weekend
                        my sale thread 21.01.12
                        CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

whiteline rally looks awesome!
                          dave asked me if i wanted to do it. actually considering it now!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                            whiteline rally looks awesome!
                            dave asked me if i wanted to do it. actually considering it now!
                            Do eeeeeeeet. Defs some of the most fun ive had!!

Comment

fitted the C's racing shifter and got rid of the shithouse fastlane shifter. feels heaps better but im pretty sure 4th gear synco is KO'd already.

also sent car to kustom kraft fab to quiet down exhaust. really only added a muffler but hopefully that gets me under 95 anyway.

also fitted plates lol

couldnt get Project MU HC+ in time so decided to try intima type D's.
                              got the passengers side on then found that the pad retainer bolts on the drivers side is rounded. FAIL so decided to just reuse the HC+ cause theres still about 4mm on them really.

and lastly I'm fairly sure my water temp sensor is cactus cause from cold start it thinks im overheating

gonna get car retuned on 98 at some point and put some kelford cams in.

Comment

issa street car lol

got out to wakefield again with shane (mr punnany)

left 4am with my co pilot adamant she had to sleep upside down with her leg on the wheel lol

touch down goulburn

sik ef

few laps out and 4th was really KO. couldnt even find 4th. we;ve had problems with B series boxes using motul FF so decided to just drop the oil and put standard honda MTF in.

atleast I found where 4th gear went

was still getting picked up by the damned camera so had to baby it a bit still

altho shanes echo and a standard black vitz got pinged too so i dont know how much i trust it

but pretty happy considering lack of proper 4th gear and going back from r compounds to street tyres and still bettering the time

pinged again for being louder

i think their damned mic pics up tyre noise too
                                random pics cause pics r kool

reeling em in lol

nek minit

pack up time

overall happy to have ended up 6th out of 30.

everyone above me had R compounds or full slicks too.

Comment

Working...
                                X