• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIce work man!

Comment

so i got a beat lol

Comment

Oh yeah! Of all your cars, the beat is the coolest by far!
        DC2R - J's Racing

Comment

Very cool!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

eh i wanted another small car lol

Comment

Cute. What's planned for this one?
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

just a tough street/ fun track car. maybe bring some old school flavour to nugget nats.

i just miss having a mini. never should have sold my old ones haha. its currently only got a 998 in it. i'll build a motor for it and go from there. but just sorting out a few things then I can atleast drive it around ehre and there.

Comment

this is on the road now. ish.

generator has decided somewhere along the way it no longer wants to generate. making only 7V. cars at ron howells now getting an alternator fitted.

obligatory dog shot

technically I told my wife I bought the car for the dog lol

drives real nice actually. engine is nice and smooth. maybe smells a little smoky? but then the exhausts on minis are 110% leaking.

has a slight crunch going into 3rd and a little of 4th. moreso on downshifts. clutch feels good but judders if you get it wrong when coming from a crawl. but otherwise very good. im surprised coils actually feel nice. I always thought they were no good on minis.

after the alternator I just want to paint flares red and add round white stickers to the door for racecars. maybe put my spotties on.

Comment

mad toy
                    my sale thread 21.01.12
                    CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

so -

car went to mechanic on tues cause the generator wasnt generating and I opted to put an alternator that would alternate. that went ok.

leave his workshop and theres a few other car shops there.turn lights on. they come on rather dim. i smell something like welding going on but think nothing of it.. get under a street light and notice theres smoke in the cabin lol *welcome back! says the british car*

turn lights off, look at wiring behind switch, yep toasted. mechanic tells me to come back. we have a look around. unplug wire thats shorting. tidy up wiring a bit. headlights work better and tacho is responding better.

check lights - brake lights work but no rear parkers.. hmmm.. open boot. welcomed by smoke haha. looked around and found this

seems like the little hole that still has sharp edges wore the wires out and grounded them.

fixed that. still no rear lights. tested wire at switch (unplugged it earlier) still shorting.

decide, fuck it. its british. I'll drive home with no rear parkers.

get halfway home. lose low beam at stop light. switch to high beam - back in business haha.

sooo basically I'm fairly certain the short in the boot must have melted the wiring heading towards the switch. so I think it'll be a case of tracing the wiring to the boot and replacing it. not sure about the head light. probably a loose wire cause had to unplug some to get to it.

but yeah, car drives nice overall. needs to be a bit faster and just need to find out why the suspension bangs over dips.

gave it a quick wash and wax anyway so more pics of the exact same shit

**polluting iamgsrs neighbourhood **

needs a good polish but comes up nice

Comment

i made it into a racecar lol

Comment

So cute.

Do you have another mini?
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

my white 68 mini but the gbox is currently dead hahaha

Comment

sent the junker over to jdmyard to get transmission fixed

is also running on 3 cyl cause I think one of the injectors have gummed up from sitting. will just get it cleaned.

also cause i just realized the fuel in it has been in there since march. but I've put a fresh batch in.

Last edited by loveb; 23-06-17, 09:27 AM.

Comment

EG is done. box is ready and car is nearly ready for nugget nationals.

also decided i needed a range rover

Comment

Working...
                                X