Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B18C7 High Pressure Power Steering hose cracked

Hey Guys,

Long time owner and long time member, but been out of the scene many years now, still own my DC2R and its still mostly stock.....which is probably why its starting to show its age and the High Pressure power steering hose has sprung a nasty leak, engine bay soaked with fluid. The leak is coming from just behind the Metal connector just after the think "copper" tube. Which is right above the Belts, so they are throwing the fluid everywhere.

Hannys (Robert) wasn't able to locate a replacement and suggested I try to find one myself, otherwise its a call to Honda for an OEM replacement if I am lucky they will have one. they did find 4 or 5 similar hoses from normal Tegs and some accords/civics etc, but they weren't an exact fit or different connections/metal section.

If anyone knows of a B18C7 being wrecked or someone with one laying around who would be willing to sell it, please let me know in a pm and or have them contact me.

If necessary I can take a few pics and post them.....

p.s. I currently have it Duct Taped in the hope it will get through a few days of school drop-offs etc.

thanks

Rexxy

Which part is it in the below diagram?

ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

the bit where the number 23 is in the diagram?

take a pic.

but i doubt it can be repaired, im surprised a 98+ VTiR one wont fit?
      ... retired/

Comment

Drain the power steering fluid and run no power steering until you locate a new part.

Comment

The biggest section in the diagram, number 4. it connects to the top of the pump and the copper pipe connected into a hose that runs down into the back on the engine bay. the entire high pressure hose is one section. but yeah will take a pic today

Comment

Originally posted by ken_twolves View Post
            Drain the power steering fluid and run no power steering until you locate a new part.
            yeah, an engine bay fire is the last thing you want... hopefully you already have a fire extinguisher on board?
            ... retired/

Comment

lol geez, scare me why don't you....but yeah, will be careful. Not having much car luck just now.....just had someone love-tap (Rear-End) me on the M2. isn't much damage as they were going too quick.....but most of the collision went through the towbar.....so now I need to get it assessed before I can tow the boat.....

hopefully my R will last a few more weeks being duct taped till we can get the santafe assessed and repaired/green lighted.

Comment

sigh..... whats the old saying "when it pours, it shits all over you" lol driving the family "tow" vehicle around..aka SantaFe and someone decides to run up my ass on Thursday last week.....still driveable, yet to be assessed.......then today something massive hits the front windscreen and puts a 25cm Vert crack right up the middle....

hopefully will have my R fixed in the coming weeks and or the part ordered from HondaJP.....

Comment

Working...
                X