Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Rad progress compadre!
                Originally posted by ajax_h_ View Post
                Great write up Alex! Car looks good!
                Cheers!

Originally posted by iwearmoccos View Post
                Very clean!
                I like it!
                Thanks man. Been watching your Youtube vids, I want to drive this car like you drive yours one day!

Comment

Originally posted by nobbs View Post
                  Thanks man. Been watching your Youtube vids, I want to drive this car like you drive yours one day!
                  Thanks bloke!
                  It's fun, the car takes a toll though! Mine was much cleaner when I bought it two years ago!
                  1997 Honda Civic EK4
                  Winton - 1:34.94
                  Bryant Park clockwise - 55.58
                  Bryant Park figure 8 - 61.30
                  Wakefield - 1:10.16
                  Phillip Island - 1:55.43

Comment

Hey Alex, nice to see the EK coming along well. Hope there is some sort of a damn Honda meet in Perth soon so we could get everyone out! Sorry that our Honda scene is a peanut compared to the watermelon that is on the East Coast, I reckon thats because of no P plate restrictions here, so everyone hops into a Skyline or V8 as a first car and doesn't care for ye olde Honda

Btw, I think I may have met you at the Honda night drags before? I think you had the silver FD Civic, I was in the silver S2K

Comment

Originally posted by KVZT View Post
                      Hey Alex, nice to see the EK coming along well. Hope there is some sort of a damn Honda meet in Perth soon so we could get everyone out! Sorry that our Honda scene is a peanut compared to the watermelon that is on the East Coast, I reckon thats because of no P plate restrictions here, so everyone hops into a Skyline or V8 as a first car and doesn't care for ye olde Honda

Btw, I think I may have met you at the Honda night drags before? I think you had the silver FD Civic, I was in the silver S2K
                      Hey man,

I definitely agree with you regarding the 'no P plate restriction' contributing to the lack of interest in Hondas around here. Also I have a strong opinion that there are many hidden gems around here that don't frequent the Perth Honda pages etc... e.g I met a guy with a genuine EK9 the other day and he himself said he prefers to lay low...Btw, I haven't been to a drag night here yet however, I'm sure we will meet at some stage.

Comment

Great read, anticipating more each and every time. Keep it up senpai!
                        In for Korean Friend Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by DSRT-FX View Post
                          Great read, anticipating more each and every time. Keep it up senpai!
                          Thanks Mr. Mugen.

A couple of weeks back an "EK9" shift boot came up for sale here on the local Perth FB page. It was mated to the centre console section and the previous owner had screwed it in from the outside (weird).

It was cheap enough to keep my interest though so I bought it anyway; I had a feeling it was probably off a DC2R or something. Here's how it looked below:

To fit it to my car, I just removed the trim from the DC2R gear boot frame and mounted it to my EK gear boot frame; easy.

Last weekend was the Queens Birthday long weekend here in Perth, due to double demerits and the increased cop presence on the streets, I decided to leave my car parked up for a couple of days. It was fine however come Tuesday morning, I peeked out my window to check on the car and noticed that my drivers Window had been smashed overnight. I went down right away and encountered this.

I moved the car in as it had just started raining.

Luckily only a few gold coins which were in my drivers door trim were taken and nothing else. They did a couple of other cars in the street too which lead us to believe they were just after some quick cash. As windows are easy to change and cheap enough to buy, I didn't go through insurance; I just got a new window at the local wrecker and fitted it myself. All fixed.

I mentioned in an earlier post that my Wedssport decals had arrived.

As much as I would have liked to have obtained genuine ones, unfortunately they are extremely difficult to come by for wheels of this vintage, so ebay was the answer. The eBay seller is in Malaysia and makes them for any size Wedssport TC05 and in any colour. Obviously I ordered them for my 15 inch wheels and went with the original 'Azure Blue'.

All fitted up.

It doesn't pop like they do on the original white colour but, I still like it.

Comment

Originally posted by nobbs View Post
                            Hey man,

I definitely agree with you regarding the 'no P plate restriction' contributing to the lack of interest in Hondas around here. Also I have a strong opinion that there are many hidden gems around here that don't frequent the Perth Honda pages etc... e.g I met a guy with a genuine EK9 the other day and he himself said he prefers to lay low...Btw, I haven't been to a drag night here yet however, I'm sure we will meet at some stage.
                            Ahh yeah, there are a few hidden gems around Perth heheh.
                            And oh, must have been another Alex then.. by the way, I'm surprised you're not too phased about the break in, fkn Perth junkies man :/

Comment

Originally posted by KVZT View Post
                              Ahh yeah, there are a few hidden gems around Perth heheh.
                              And oh, must have been another Alex then.. by the way, I'm surprised you're not too phased about the break in, fkn Perth junkies man :/
                              Well, I was a little phased but, I guess what made me a little at ease is that a couple of other cars were done too; random is better than if my car was targeted in particular.

Could have been worse.

Comment

So I've had a Skunk2 rear tie bar sitting in storage for a couple of years which I was meant to fit on my EM1. Finally got off my lazy butt and fitted it to my EK4... I know what you're thinking, yes, its only for looks but hey, its better than nothing and makes the rear less boring.

So on my last trip to Sydney I picked up my genuine Spoon wing and also impulse bought a pair of Mracing mirrors with OEM base plates.

Got a box off a mate and it was ready to travel with me across the country.

Fitted them up as soon as I got back to Perth and headed to my first Custom Cars and Coffee meet here in Perth. Ended up hanging out with this Genuine EK9.

And here's a phone photo dump.

No more mods for now; saving to do a major service and then respray.
                                Last edited by nobbs; 04-11-16, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X