Basemade DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basemade DC2R

Hey guys, Its been a while since ive updated my previous thread but i have finally acquired a car i've been wanting since i was in grade 3.

This DC2R came to my attention soon after posting up for one. It belonged to a friend of a friend (some of you may recognise who it is from this car) who has moved overseas and left the car here. It was Milano red, fairly factory, straight body, and rebuilt motor which were my main buying points.

The first night i got it i immediately put the car up on stands and started cleaning suspension, engine bay and underbody. Even thought the car had a roady done there were a few obvious things that didnt get looked over which i am in the process of fixing now. Some interior pieces were also swapped out from my old car and the recaros steam cleaned.

It fortunately came with all the factory spare suspension and interior parts, and i cant thank the previous owner enough for being so meticulous with the car.

After getting a break from uni i finally got a chance to align it. Unfortunately it took a while as the front left was 15.6 out. not quite sure how it got that bad but rest of them were re aligned to my favourite specs. Them fresh alignment feels tho.

Over the past few days ive just been doing some nit picky things. like detailing interior, adding gasket in between the lip and the bar (i've always hated the white marks you get when the lip scrapes on the bar) ill add the part no. as well if anyone is interested to add on their optional kit. The car needs to go for an exterior detail very soon as it has been sitting outside under a car cover before my purchase.

To be honest, i have no idea whats in store for it, but for now, i am just loving driving it.

Last edited by stalis; 02-08-16, 04:33 PM.

Grats on the pickup and welcome!

How nice is the 60RS tone!? Best exhaust for the DC2R imo haha
    00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
    13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
    15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Nice Stalis! Saw this at RMIT yesterday looked really clean! Great pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Loving the attention to detail. Nice purchase!
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice car man!

Comment

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
            Grats on the pickup and welcome!

How nice is the 60RS tone!? Best exhaust for the DC2R imo haha
            Its not too bad! i like the sound but not really my style of muffler ahaha, i may switch it out in the future, ill see if it grows on me ahaha

Originally posted by ryzz View Post
            Nice Stalis! Saw this at RMIT yesterday looked really clean! Great pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            thanks dude! your ones coming along great!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            Loving the attention to detail. Nice purchase!
            Thanks Felix!

Originally posted by scrowetom View Post
            Nice car man!
            Thank you!

Comment

nice pick up man!

Comment

Now the mod list isn't the greatest but that is what i was after, something as factory as i could get.
                Right now i'm more focused on restoring trims and future proofing what i can, i guess a bit of a resto-mod.

Specs of car when i purchased it:

Full Engine Rebuild was done in April 2015 at 245XXXKMs and only been driven for around 5000kms since rebuild (New pistons, rings and bearings) (dry compression 210ps with stock compression and 81.5mm oversize pistons)
                - Gearbox was rebuilt and brand new clutch and clutch Cylinders installed on August 2014 240XXXkm (bearings replaced by seeker)
                - BC BR Coilover
                - Hardrace, front and rear camber arm
                - Hardrace front lower control arm
                - J’s Racing 60RS axle back
                - J's racing tsuchinoko intake
                - Samco Radiator Hose
                - Optional Honda Access Car Mat (this looks oem with hints of blue)
                - Ferodo Front Brake Pad (less than 10.000 Km)
                - Upgraded Front Speaker and Tweeter
                - Iridium Spark Plug
                - Type RX pedals and Honda access dead pedal

The muffler and intake arent exactly my favourite parts of the car, and i actually had a Megan Racing MO-E muffler on standby ready to get attached. But a friend of mine really wanted it so i thought id get rid of it, i'm regretting it now. Really trying to like the j's muffler but i have no idea why i can't, maybe because i was so keen on having and oem style look that the J's looks too bold? im not sure. As for the intake it speaks for itself, heat soak is something i'm not looking forward to especially in summer, its either i design my own air box to cover the pod or source a Comptech Icebox.

While i had some free time, the oem muffler has been polished and repainted, spoon rear strut was added, the usdm rear city lights redrilled and rewired into the tailights, and the tweeters finally fixed in the oem mounting spot. I love how Honda has the guide on the tailights for the usdm rear city lights and on the door cards for the tweeters, no placement issues what so ever.

Small tasks but the ocd was getting the better of me. Nothing major planned for this soon, some other small things to do are sourcing some better condition windshield surround (mouldings?) and a fresh service.

Looking forward to Honda Nats too, hopefully see a lot of you there!
                Last edited by stalis; 02-08-16, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Nice DC2R dude!
                  Skibeemo.com

Comment

Goddamn, your Integra is clean. I wish I got a red one haha.

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                      Nice DC2R dude!
                      Thank you!

Originally posted by Young View Post
                      Goddamn, your Integra is clean. I wish I got a red one haha.
                      So is yours dude! Im a bit worried about maintaining the paint during summer, will be very paranoid to park in the sun ahaha

Comment

Originally posted by stalis View Post
                        Im a bit worried about maintaining the paint during summer, will be very paranoid to park in the sun ahaha
                        I had the same concerns as I have a Milano Red DC2. However, I try to maintain the paint by applying sealants to my exterior to help protect it, which it has done!! So I wouldn't fret about the paint fading so long as you apply some sort of protection on the paint. Im still learning the ways around it ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by aTR View Post
                          I had the same concerns as I have a Milano Red DC2. However, I try to maintain the paint by applying sealants to my exterior to help protect it, which it has done!! So I wouldn't fret about the paint fading so long as you apply some sort of protection on the paint. Im still learning the ways around it ^_^
                          Ohhhh, thanks for that, I didn't think just sealing would help in the case of Hondas infamous Milano pink ahaha, I'll look more into it!

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Comment

I park all the time in the sun, and my carport partially exposes my car to the sun. My paint is still protected because of my regular application of sealants. I would recommend you use synthetic sealants, as they last a lot longer than wax. ^_^

Itll also add mad gloss to your car with a good product!

Comment

Originally posted by aTR View Post
                              I park all the time in the sun, and my carport partially exposes my car to the sun. My paint is still protected because of my regular application of sealants. I would recommend you use synthetic sealants, as they last a lot longer than wax. ^_^

Itll also add mad gloss to your car with a good product!
                              I'll look more into it soon, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to these things ahaha, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X