No announcement yet.

Basemade DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No updates as of yet, but have been busy planning a few things for the car, list includes: Morosso baffled sump, K-Tuned Pro-Circuit shifter, Headers and b pipe (no idea what to get yet), SSR Type C or Advan RG, And possibly swap out the BC BR Coilovers for something else.

Honda Nationals was amazing even though weather conditions were not ideal early morning. A few photos from the event.

not a Honda, but VIP style tuning is what got me into cars. (this is a Toyota Crown Majesta for those wondering)

will upload more when i get the time to sort through the rest.

Comment

Uni has been a drainer lately, but i had some time to draw up my wingstand designs on solidworks, splitter to come next. I'll be going with the v2 once i find a suitable wing blade and then finalise mounting holes/angle etc.

V1.

V2

Also had a blast attending my first WTAC event, and finally got to see some of the ClubITR cars in person, simply amazing! Unfortunately didn't get a chance to meet you guys at the meet before hand though as we only had 3 hours sleep.

Drove down in my friends DC5R and MK2, nearly hit a kangaroo but the drive there and back actually wasnt bad at all, besides the horrible rain last 3 hours back to Melbourne. Keen to drive my DC2R up for next major event.

Wasnt fortunate enough to get an autograph with Keiichi Tsuchiya

Comment

So close yet so far Glad you enjoyed WTAC.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Do you have any photos of the rear city lights in the night time? Would be keen to do something like that to my own car...

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            So close yet so far Glad you enjoyed WTAC.
            Thank you Felix, hopefully ill be able to attend next years event too with the ClubITR guys ahaha

Originally posted by scrowetom View Post
            Do you have any photos of the rear city lights in the night time? Would be keen to do something like that to my own car...
            I havent been able to take a photo on my DC2R, but here is a photo when i had them installed on my VTI-R below. Its already marked out where to drill on the tailights, but the rear city lights are a different plug which is longer compared to the front city lights. So unless you find the correct plug it may not illuminate the whole area properly, but I'm sure there's a way around it!

Comment

Minuscule updates guys because @Yue_Will keeps nagging me to update ahaha

Engine has received a mini tuck with few looms tucked, will be tackling ABS looms when i get the chance.

I got around to selling the J's racing intake a while back so stock airbox with cold air feed and a k&n drop in has replaced it, still no luck finding a vision r street muffler which means the j's cant be sold just yet (unless someone wants to swap their vision r street/spoon street/mugen gen 1/fujitsubo legalis r for the j's)

While i was swapping out the intake i hand polished the dizzy, vtec solenoid, motor mounts, oil cap and the abs motor cap like my previous car. The dizzy itself is on its way out as today it was misfiring a fair bit, i sanded the dizzy rotor slightly to limp it home and held up alright, will be replacing this tonight regardless. bit bummed more so as this is the third dizzy i have hand sanded and polished and i don't know if i can be bothered doing a 4th one. if anyone has any tips on aftermarket dizzy mods like blaster coils etc please let me know what is the best route to go!

I have swapped out the OEM antenna for the Shark attack 2 with OEM gts86 screw in, been very iffy on this one because idiots who could not keep their hands to themselves always unscrewed mine on my previous car because 'its funny'. the base of it had actually unscrewed slightly on the vtir from people attempting to remove the antenna and was making a radial circle of scratches around the base. side note though, did not realise the factory antenna was air actuated!

OEM braces in the boot and subframe were also repainted and cleared.

Rear wiper has been deleted with a kkmoon aluminium ebay special, honestly didnt go oem because this one had a nice chamfer with a flat face as the oem one bulges. bonus that i saved 33 dollars while doing it.

While doing that also thought id clean out the 3rd brake light, the dust was killing my ocd. Might actually go JDM factory optional integra 3rd brake light plug, just because.

The rear quarter windows were covered in mould and had to be fixed, one method i was reading up was sanding it down (which i have got hate from 2 backyard detailers, and also got the thumbs up from other detailers) so i thought if i mess these up id have to go new regardless. i tried the method and it has held up quite well.

Started by masking the window off, then proceeded with 600 grit then 1200 then wetsand 1200

And final result after applying trim restorer

I cant complain as this is MILES better than what it was, if they even last the summer ill be happy.

The window trims on the drivers and passenger window were also replaced with better quality ones, the previous owner had repainted the ones on it previously as they were fading i think, gloss black was an eyesore. No pics unfortunately

And last but not least. Mudflaps. I loved the look, then hated it, now i love it again, at least i know i wont be flinging rocks onto my doors.

Hopefully some interesting updates to come in the near future.
              Last edited by stalis; 18-11-16, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Do you have any more photos of the air feed into the airbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Walker View Post
                  Do you have any more photos of the air feed into the airbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  not atm sorry, literally a flexi hose running from the front lower grille leading all the way into the airbox, airbox itself is cut out at the bottom.

Comment

Good stuff! Loving the direction this build is going in. Look forward to seeing it in person man. You need better friends who don't find unscrewing antennas funny lol.

I've got an airbox you may be keen on. Will send ya a message

Comment

Updates?

Comment

I got rid of my external antenna and got a stick on glass one for the back quarter window . Just used a black plug for the hole cleans up nicely.

Comment

Where do i even begin.

It has been a long time since my previous update and i thought id just share this roller coaster of ups and downs ive had with this car. Not all is great but finally doing things the way i would have preferred.

Since my last update, i was attending uni, was a poor student and didnt really have much to share, a year after that around september 17' i was involved in a collision and the other party were reluctant to pay for 10 months (my mistake as i was picking which insurance to go with at the time and i wasnt covered). I had deferred for a year to focus on some other side things i had going on and am now in the process of fixing all the things that have bugged me. Honestly i was so excited to buy a DC2R (as it was my childhood dream car) i jumped the gun on the first shiny example. Bad idea but its now working out. First of all, the car seemed to have been possessed for a good 3 months, breaking gearboxes, drive shafts, alternators, battery. I have remedied them and am now FINALLY able to start enjoying it properly.

First things first, the car literally just finished up at panel beaters yesterday so not all photos are up to date (at this time i havent even seen the car in person but the photos they sent me looks incredible), they have fixed the rear bar and garnish, and also repainted the quarters to blend the paint which I'm ecstatic about, since it had some pretty shitty prep work and sanding marks could be seen.

So getting sorted with the gearbox, i decided to just tackle it in my tiny garage with the help of a friend, unfortunately for me the gearbox was rebuilt by previous owner and the shift assembly gave out, i didnt want to waste time on it and just purchased a low km box. i decided to swap out the engine mounts for 62a hasports and also swap out driveshafts while i was at it, had to do drive shafts twice since i had to use aftermarket ones to get the car rolling the next day and they had very bad vibrations. swapped out for oem and perfect.

Parts finally Started rolling in, i went to South Australia to pickup some CE28's in 16x8+49. Very high offsets which is the look i was going for, slightly tucked. They clear with aftermarket rear camber arms and a bee's d*** of clearance on the trailing arm with no spacers. it might be stupid but after working at a tyreshop for a while i knew it would be fine, and 1 month of driving saw no issues at all.

Next up was a Beatrush X brace, last one at the Laile factory in japan (huge shoutout to japex for importing) this was one of my grail pieces, it was either that or a Miracle but it didnt seem to suit my needs as i do use the rear seats quite often due to siblings and clearance on the Miracle seemed a bit close to their heads if they sat back there.

Momo Monte Carlo Acquired as well due to the amazing deal at spares box. installed with Chasing J's titanium gradient burnt bolts straight from Cali. you guys may have seen Chasing J's (Dominic)'s builds on Jay Lenos garage and some wek fest shows, very high quality Datsuns.

While i was at it i decided to give the bay another make over, re polished the distributor, wire tucked some more, removed windshield washer bottle and all that minuscule stuff out the way. Valve cover was shaved almost completely (Casting marks, front and rear earth tabs, front timing cover post shaved, and the H logo. kept it oemish with wrinkle red, not a bad outcome for a backyard job.

I also started designing my own plug cover for the b series and k series, if you guys are interested they will be for sale at Honda Network at the Basemade/Defekt Automotive stand. All drawn up on CAD made from scratch here in Melbourne.

And just some small details like swapping out Recaros for better condition set, plastic pieces swapped out etc. Will update more if i have anything exciting going on. See you at Honda Network!

Last edited by stalis; 02-09-18, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Looks sick, the plug cover looks similar to the Rywire ones but I'm sure without the million dollar price tag.
                            Email: info@moonlightracing.com.au
                            Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/moonlightracingaus/

Supplying the best parts from all around the globe. Whatever you need, Moonlight's got it!

Comment

Originally posted by mlracing View Post
                              Looks sick, the plug cover looks similar to the Rywire ones but I'm sure without the million dollar price tag.
                              yeah somewhat similar, pretty sure Rywire gets their one done by Chasing J's as well. As for the titanium Basemade ones they'll be a bit more affordable, but to get things 100% it does cost time and money, hopefully i can find a happy medium ahaha, will be releasing aluminum ones alongside to keep it cost effective for everyone.

Comment

nice car stalis! always see this at derri carwash. what its like being the owner of the derri car wash? :P

Comment

Working...
                                X