Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release bearing noise DC2R

Hey peeps,

So I got this noise coming from my engine, it's like a whistle noise when the car is in neutral or driving it gets louder. But the noise will go away when I rest my leg on the clutch very lightly so I don't actually push the clutch in.

My mate had the same problem with his crx del sol years ago and told me it's the spigot bearing needs to be changed. The current clutch I got on is a excedy heavy duty clutch which comes with its own spigot bearing. The clutch was changed about a year ago along with the spigot bearing.

My mechanic told me that if he changes the spigot bearing again the noise will just come back a few months down the track.

Another suggestion is maybe stick to the oem clutch and spigot bearing that might get rid of the noise permanent ?

Has anyone had this problem yet or know a solution for it. The noise is so annoying. Some people might not mind it but I'm very anal when it comes to things like this lol

Cheers[emoji482]

shouldn't that be a release bearing, not a spigot bearing?
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      shouldn't that be a release bearing, not a spigot bearing?
      Why's that

Comment

Originally posted by IbbyDC2R View Post
        Why's that
        http://www.freeasestudyguides.com/ma...t-bearing.html
        ... retired/

Comment

Hmm so you think it's the release bearing ?

Comment

well, from your description, you'd be looking at something that moves, right?

But the noise will go away when I rest my leg on the clutch very lightly so I don't actually push the clutch in.
            ... retired/

Comment

***Spigot bearing noise dc2r ***

well, from your description, you'd be looking at something that moves, right?
              My bad your right it is the release bearing
              Last edited by IbbyDC2R; 22-06-16, 05:31 PM.

Comment

My bad your right it is the realise bearing
                you'll only know once the gearbox is off...
                ... retired/

Comment

you'll only know once the gearbox is off...
                  I asked the mechanic once again he confirmed it was the release bearing, I was mistaken, his thinking of getting another fork or adjusting the clutch lower or just changing the release bearing, it's weird how no ones been through this problem before

Comment

I asked the mechanic once again he confirmed it was the release bearing, I was mistaken, his thinking of getting another fork or adjusting the clutch lower or just changing the release bearing, it's weird how no ones been through this problem before
                    It is a common thing that can happen over time. Can be due to a cheap bearing, an old bearing, worn out bearing number of factors.
                    Sometimes its not even the Release bearing it could be something else like a cluster bearing or something internal like tinkerbell said until its out you'll then know.

You can get your mechanic to adjust the fork for the bearing to sit more on the pressure plate diaphragm only thing then is that that will pre-maturely wear your clutch out as the bearing
                    will be riding on the diaphragm constantly. (correct adjustment should see the bearing NOT touching the diaphragm and have about 1-2mm gap/freeplay)

Your best option? Buy a new OE replacement clutch kit which will come with a Pressure Plate, Clutch Plate and Release Bearing.
                    Make sure whilst its getting changed replace the spigot bearing (couple of $$) and also the rear main oil seal(couple of $$)
                    S2000
                    WSID : TBA
                    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                    Smooth As Detailing
                    Incar Racing

Comment

Working...
                    X