Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2 ITR from Sydney

Hey clubITR,

My name is AJ and I recently purchased a 2000 Championship White dc2r from a member on here and a good mate of mine Mark aka 'kelezzay'.

This is my second honda (I own a civic ek1 for daily) after owning a 1976 ra23 celica and a 1983 adm ae86 sprinter.

Quite a bit done to it with all work being done by the previous owner.
    All credit goes to you Kel for all the hard work and effort put into building this car!

~ Quick Summary ~
    Engine/Transmission
    K24a3 from an Accord Euro
    RBC Intake manifold with Skunk2 70mm throttle body
    Hybrid Racing Silicone Intake
    PLM K swap headers
    Custom 3 inch exhaust
    Y2M3 gearbox with Hybrid Racing shifter box
    Hondata K Pro

Suspension/Brakes
    Tein Master Flex coilovers
    Hardrace front & rear camber arms
    DBA front slotted rotors
    EBC green brake pads
    Spoon rear strut brace

Wheels
    Rays Engineering Nismo LMGT4 16x7 +33 all around with Toyo Proxes 4

Future mods
    Respray the car and get the surface rust fixed as it's started to form on top of the rear windscreen
    Possibly JDM front at the same time?
    Braided front and rear brake lines
    Wider wheels (I've always wanted a set of Desmond Regamaster Evos or TE37s)

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at future clubITR meets!
    Last edited by ajax_h_; 20-05-16, 11:32 AM.

Nice buy AJ!

Welcome to ClubITR.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome to CITR, nice Kswap DC2R!

Love your car history with the RA23 and AE86. I'd love to own both of them some time. RA23 is a great looking car.
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
        Nice buy AJ!

Welcome to ClubITR.
        Thanks Felix! Your old dc2r is my inspiration!

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
        Welcome to CITR, nice Kswap DC2R!

Love your car history with the RA23 and AE86. I'd love to own both of them some time. RA23 is a great looking car.
        Thanks eskimo! Yeah both were amazing cars, I still regret selling my RA23. Even though my ae86 was a much better car all around you just can't beat the feeling of a car made in the 70s!

So last night, I caught up with an old friend of mine with a Phoenix Yellow DC2r. Here's a couple iPhone shots I took

Just needed a black and red with us! haha
        Last edited by ajax_h_; 20-05-16, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajax_h_ View Post

Wheels
          Rays Engineering Nismo LMGT4 16x7 +33 all around with Toyo Proxes 4
          What tyres are these shod in mate? Im attempting to find out if 16x7 wearing 205/45 is sufficient enough to handle the extra TQ of a K24. I owned 01-103 (nighthawk black) for 6 months back in 2012 and it was bone stock at the time. The almost absent torque of the B18c7 didn't bother the stock 195/55s at all!

Congrats on your purchase! DC2R + K24, you are living my dream. My brief taste of ownership failed to satisfy my appetite and has left me craving more.

Comment

Originally posted by Spc-41k View Post
            What tyres are these shod in mate? Im attempting to find out if 16x7 wearing 205/45 is sufficient enough to handle the extra TQ of a K24. I owned 01-103 (nighthawk black) for 6 months back in 2012 and it was bone stock at the time. The almost absent torque of the B18c7 didn't bother the stock 195/55s at all!

Congrats on your purchase! DC2R + K24, you are living my dream. My brief taste of ownership failed to satisfy my appetite and has left me craving more.
            Hey man, thanks for your kind words! I drove my mates stock dc2r a while back before I owned this and I fell in love. I've been in a lot of different cars silvias, skylines etc. and I'm not hating on those cars but nothing put a smile on my face like when I drove his type R. I realised why the dc2r is such a popular car

As for your question, the tyres are 205/45 and first + second are just wheel spin. I'm still deciding what tyres to go for next, I was thinking 225/45 but I'm not sure how they'll fit on the 16x7 rims.

Comment

Yo AJ, does your interior fuse cover sag at all?
              Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                Yo AJ, does your interior fuse cover sag at all?
                Hey man, yeah it does lol I just left it off

Comment

Originally posted by ajax_h_ View Post
                  Hey man, thanks for your kind words! I drove my mates stock dc2r a while back before I owned this and I fell in love. I've been in a lot of different cars silvias, skylines etc. and I'm not hating on those cars but nothing put a smile on my face like when I drove his type R. I realised why the dc2r is such a popular car

As for your question, the tyres are 205/45 and first + second are just wheel spin. I'm still deciding what tyres to go for next, I was thinking 225/45 but I'm not sure how they'll fit on the 16x7 rims.
                  Heaps awesome that you've driven other Jap cars to put the Type R in perspective. You're connected and involved at all times regardless of what speed your going in a Type R. Hard not to be infected by that.

You've confirmed my suspicions regarding traction. When you think about it the 98+ JDM DC2R's ran a 215/40r16 (on a 16x7 +50) from the factory to handle the modest power of the B18c. Based on stock figures your K swap has roughly a third more torque than the B18c and you're currently using tyres 10mm skinnier than the JDM type R!

From what I've uncovered thus far I suspect 225/40r16 on a 16x7.5 +42ish would be fairly well suited to a K24 swap and the heightened need for traction. 205/45 are almost unanimously accepted as an ideal upgrade from stock dc2r tyres for the street as they give you 92.25mm worth of profile to maintain ride comfort and protect your expensive aftermarket rims. The profile of a 225/40 falls only just shy of that at 90mm. Of course the 2.25mm difference may well be felt, but it's hardly drastic. It's also well within legal limits for overall increase in wheel diameter.

However, I share your concern as to how a 225 will fit on a 7in wide rim. I dare say it'd balloon quite a bit which wouldn't do your handling any favours.

Comment

Working...
                  X