Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust on DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lammy View Post
    Are you running a 200-cell cat as well? Surprised that the full system was below the legal db limit!
    Mugen headers come with a Mugen cat that's made for the headers Not sure how many other brands do this, I think maybe TODA as well?
    Last edited by fn33ch; 22-05-16, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Big problem, since installing the exhaust its been 2 weeks. The car o2 sensor light shows up now, the car shakes a lot when idle. Literally shaking me off the seat. What is the problem with it? what should i do

Comment

When installing a hi flow cat or test pipe header the check engine light will always come on. Usually a second O2 sensor error which doesn't do anything to hurt the cars performance.
        If your car is shaking it's possible ur engine mounts are bad. Otherwise check if your primary O2 is damaged by scanning with a obd2 tool

Comment

2003dc5 summed it up pretty well. A check engine light is a common problem when installing aftermarket headers. Are you running a cat?

Comment

nah its all stock beside the cat back system. Im thinking of giving it another 2 weeks if the car still vibrates a lot when idle and the o2 light sensor is still on i will bring it in to do a scan. Also there seems to be powerloss with the car as well. When it hits vtec it does not pull as hard compare to my mates type s. What could be the causes of that? Really appreciate any inputs Tks

Comment

You might just have some warn engine mounts causing the car to shake. And you might need to replace your primary o2 sensor which can cause check engine lights, unstable idles and loss in power. These are just common wear and tear parts for cars. There is no such thing as a o2 Light sensor. I'm guessing u mean check engine light which is generic for "something is wrong" so u need to get it scanned with a scan tool. Most of the times the issue is the o2 sensor tho lol.
              PS these are all problems that happened to me and my car was 100% stock and well maintained at the time.

Comment

if you want to sell it, let me know

Comment

Working...
                X