Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust on DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust on DC5

Hey guys i recently got a Mugen Twin Loop installed on my dc5 type S. It was bought as a second hand however it was a huge dissapointment! The exhaust is not loud at all, hard to even distinguish the difference between stock exhaust and mugen exhaust. Is it normal for it to be this way? Is there anything i can do to improve the sound of it? Thank you

It's definitely one of the quieter aftermarket exhausts.

What kind of sound are you looking for?

Depending on what you want, you may need to source another exhaust.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Im looking for a noise that is deep, a bit loud but not ridiculously loud. Should i modify the twin loop exhaust or trade it for another one? What is a better option?

Comment

The Mugen Twinloop is definitely a exhaust that isn't too noticeable in cabin. I'd suggest a Fujitsubo Powergetter. They sound beautiful.

Depending on your sensitivity, you could opt for slightly louder options like the HKS Hi-Power silent.

Comment

+1 Fujitsubo Powergetter

Nice deep tone and louder without being obnoxious

Comment

Just searched it up, Sounds deep. Gonna be so hard to sell my twin looop now..

Comment

Perhaps try sourcing a Mugen B-pipe, but that may be more difficult than selling the twin loop and buying something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a suggestion if you cant sell the Mugen twinloop maybe change your headers to aftermarket with test pipe or hi flow cat. That will make your exhaust louder while the twinloop can prevent it from getting toooo loud. Plus you'll get performance gains. If not then I do recommend js racing exhaust for sound and loudness. (Y)

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I was thinking of getting a header with a high flow cat. Was looking at tagiwa header the other day. Do you guys have any suggestion? How would the mileage be like if i install an after market header and a high flow cat because i daily my car almost everyday.

Comment

Mileage would be affected by a very insignificant amount without tune. With a tune you might use abit more fuel but not much but for power(y). For budget build I recommend Plm header with test pipe or xforce with hi flow cat.

Comment

For the record, I have the full Mugen exhaust on my DC5, including headers, and can confirm that the twinloop on its own is quiet, but sounds way better when combined with some headers and/or b-pipe. Nice deep sound, but really opens up nicely in vtec. Despite their best efforts, Highway Patrol couldn't defect me because it still easily remained within the legal db limit.

+1 for Fujitsubo as well

Comment

What are your opinions on tegiwa header? Where can i find a p pipe? Sorry im new to this kind of stuff

Comment

Never tried a tegiwa header but most headers in the same price range function the same so I'm guessing It's average. The b pipe is the middle section of the exhaust. Before the rear muffler and after the cat. It's what has the stock resonator in our cars. Pretty much called a midpipe.

Comment

so installing the b pipe meaning u will delete the resonator?

Comment

Originally posted by fn33ch View Post
                              For the record, I have the full Mugen exhaust on my DC5, including headers, and can confirm that the twinloop on its own is quiet, but sounds way better when combined with some headers and/or b-pipe. Nice deep sound, but really opens up nicely in vtec. Despite their best efforts, Highway Patrol couldn't defect me because it still easily remained within the legal db limit.

+1 for Fujitsubo as well
                              Are you running a 200-cell cat as well? Surprised that the full system was below the legal db limit!

Comment

Working...
                              X