Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a new mirrorless camera, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a new mirrorless camera, suggestions?

Hi everyone,

As tittle states, looking to buy a mirrorless camera. Done some research and seems like the Sony A6000 is the way to go under 800 or so.

But just wanted some more insight and suggestions from here before I commit.

Cheers!
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

I would also agree on that one for the budget. Sony seem to be doing it very well, the GX8 is quite good but probably over budget a bit?

Comment

Thanks Matt, the GX8 is a little too pricey. I'm also going to budget a fair bit for some good lenses too.

Comment

I've got the Sony A6000 Price should go down I assume with Sony releasing the A7000 sometime soon.

Anyway, I know absolutely nothing about cameras if that helps coming from my perspective. This was my first camera. Although I cannot comment particular about any advanced details for the camera, I can say the camera is easy to use/get used to and produces quality shots. Size-wise its a plus as it's a smaller build than most DSLR cameras around. I found spending 5-10 minutes getting used to the UI important, otherwise it would've been a tad bit more confusing getting used to things on the fly. Can't comment on the 16-50mm lens as I haven't tried other lenses! Otherwise the quality whilst zooming and whatnot is still good.

You'll find this sensor by the eyepiece to be annoying though. The way it works is that if it's covered (as if it's designed to anticipate you taking shots through the eyepiece) the digital screen will switch operation to the eyepiece. So if you have a finger or something else covering the sensor it will still switch to the eyepiece regardless. It's negligible but noticeable enough to warrant a mention. It takes a second or so to switch anyway.

I think the most important thing about this camera is that it ticked all the boxes of what I was looking for. Well hope that helps in some way
        00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
        13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
        15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Thanks for that, definitely did help. This camera seems to tick all the boxes so it is looking pretty promising that id get one. That sensor by the eyepiece issue seems a bit annoying thanks for mentioning that but if its negligible thats okay.

I googled the a7000, no release date as of yet. I was kind of hoping that was coming out soon. But right now the a6000 can be had for 700 or so with a lense kit which doesnt seem so bad.

Comment

Working...
          X