Coffee Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee Thread

Do we have any barristers or hobbyist barristers here?

Instant coffee? Nespresso machines? Espresso machines?

Open discussion for all coffee lovers.
    Skibeemo.com

I recently did a pour over course at Brewristas. That was awesome. Coffee never tasted so good.

It's amazing the difference in flavour and texture you can extract from dependencies such as timing, pouring technique, water temperature, agitation, etc!

ClubITR | Like

Comment

I have to visit Brewrista next time I'm in Sydney! So jealous of the ClubITR meets at Brewrista (food and coffee always looks amazing).

Espresso coffee is a whole science in itself with so much variables. As you said Felix, every little variable affects the outcome.

I was tossing up between purchasing an Espresso machine or a Nespresso machine earlier this year and ended up going with Nespresso as I didn't think I could perfect each variable every morning haha. Still tempted to purchase an Espresso machine of some sort for weekend uses but I've read that freshly opened or ground beans can go off and lose quality and aroma's quite fast. Anyone experience otherwise?
      Last edited by chaumeh; 29-09-15, 05:47 PM.
      Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
        I recently did a pour over course at Brewristas. That was awesome. Coffee never tasted so good.

It's amazing the difference in flavour and texture you can extract from dependencies such as timing, pouring technique, water temperature, agitation, etc!

Do you know which type(s) of coffee beans (and country of origin) you used as part of the class? were there significant differences between them?

I want to do one of these classes one day
        Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
          Do you know which type(s) of coffee beans (and country of origin) you used as part of the class? were there significant differences between them?

I want to do one of these classes one day
          We used an Ethiopian aricha! Just the one type.
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Oooh...I like my coffee too. I'm a minimum three cup a day person, and that's after I cut back!

Unfortunately, I'm the only keen coffee drinker in my house so when my old all-in-one coffee machine died, I switched to Nespresso. It's decent enough coffee and I need the full-strength capsules...otherwise it's really weak.

Generalising here, but I've found Melbourne coffee to be better on average.

Would love to go to Brewristas one day!

Comment

I have a Nespresso every morning. Current favorites are the Fortissio Lungo (lungo size, intensity 8) and Ristretto (espresso size, intensity 10). I've been given a bunch of limited edition capsules from friends but I just can't get into flavored coffee. My workplace has a corporate Nespresso machine with free capsules that I use sometimes. The corporate line of capsule are different to the consumer line (in shape/size of capsule and flavor offerings). The Forte (espresso size, unsure of intensity) is the best I've had from the corporate line so far.

Come to think of it I think you're right Bryan. I've never had a bad coffee in Melbourne so far! *touch wood*
              Skibeemo.com

Comment

I like the Kazaar and Dharkan - much more intense / stronger flavours. Cubania, which was a limited edition was also very good.

Nespressos are just really consistent and reliable. I couldn't get the same with fresh ground beans as my consumption wasn't high enough.

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                  Come to think of it I think you're right Bryan. I've never had a bad coffee in Melbourne so far! *touch wood*
                  I did once on my recent trip. Burnt. This place is well known too! Coffees from the other cafes were good though.

Just had a piccolo at Kingswood Coffee. They use Sensory Lab beans for their milk coffee. I'm not usually on that side of town during the week so had to make the most of it!
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Anyone a fan of asian coffee's? Vietnamese iced coffee, Malaysian/Singapore kopi, etc
                    Skibeemo.com

Comment

Big fan of the Vietnamese Iced coffee here, but haven't had one in a while though.
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Interesting...I was going to ask you the origins of your username!

I drink, and enjoy, most coffees - Turkish, Vietnamese/Malaysian/Singaporean. I have to say Singaporean kopi is not as good as it used to be as most places serve a very diluted version and the "coffee" has a lot of filler (corn?) added in the roasting process.

Comment

anyone here drink instant coffee? or is it the worst thing ever invented for a coffee enthusiast? lol. if so any suggestions of brand/blend?

been drinking it at work these days and it keeps me awake haha. and have some what grown accustomed to the taste..
                          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

A coffee thread on citr lol who would have thought, no thank you to instant coffee Peter lol.
                            Gotta have a good coffee, burnt and crappy coffee ruins my day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll always choose an espresso brewed coffee or a Nespresso over an instant. However, have tried some instant flavored coffee's before. Nescafe make a hazelnut instant sachet which is quite nice. Has a nice crema and froth on the surface as well.
                              Skibeemo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X