Budget DC2 VTi-R Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Alex.

The brakes are a lot better with the dtc-60's in. I can feel a very slight pulsation just as I lightly apply the pedal once they're hot on the track but as soon as I jump on them it's nice and smooth, much better than the RC09's. I'll take them out soon and see how they're holding up.

By looking at the rears they got a bit hotter at Sandown compared to P.I as well.

On the street they are completely fine. I get the odd squeal out of them coming to a slow stop at the lights now that they're a bit more bedded in (I'm still not running any backing shims) but otherwise they are fine for low km street duty.

Comment

Good to hear!
      What size sway bars are you running? (Front and rear)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Walker View Post
        Good to hear!
        What size sway bars are you running? (Front and rear)

Stock front 24mm and 22mm rear (audm type r).

Comment

How's that oversteer/understeer wise?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Walker View Post
            How's that oversteer/understeer wise?

It's reasonably balanced for a fwd but it still understeers if you carry too much speed into a corner. For me this is better and more predictable.

On the other hand it is easier to induce oversteer in quick transitions with the new setup (like lift off or fast change of direction). So depending on your driving style it is not hard to get the tail out if you want to. I'm still getting used to this and is one reason why I didn't opt for higher rate rear springs straight off.

Comment

I made a gif of some photo's from Turn 9, looks pretty cool.

Edit: got the gif working now after iOS update. It works if it's uploaded as IMG directly to Tapatalk now, linking from flickr will not show the animation.
              Last edited by RC_dc2; 06-07-17, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Looks cool ☺️

Comment

Fuel Surge hopefully solved.

After the surge issues I was getting late in the last track outing I thought it may be a good idea to take out the nearly 25 year old pump and see how it looked. This job is nice a quick without having any interior installed.

When I pulled it out I think I found the reason for the surge, no fuel sock attached!

I had a look in the tank...yep there it is floating around.

I decided to replace the pump at the same time with a Deatschwerks DW200, it is a straight fit. I bought an OEM style filter sock to go with it, I couldn't find a Honda p/n for the filter/strainer only for the whole pump and bracket assy. It's pretty close and looks to fit nicely in the baffled recess in the tank.

Even though I deprimed the lines prior to disconnecting there was still a bit of spillage, at least the fuel gave the area a good clean!

Last edited by RC_dc2; 04-07-17, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Haha yep rive had that fuel sock issue before. Glad it was an easy fix and you can get back to racing!

Comment

Very nice to read and watch you build!

Comment

Here's a photo dump of current works.

I've just been working on a bit of tidy up, the car pretty much hasn't been driven since the last track day.

Mainly I've upgraded the cooler from a 19 Row to 34 Row (both 235mm matrix) with new lines and fittings. I also got a new filter mount, I didn't really like how I had the last one. The aim here is to maintain the oil temps as close to 100deg on the track as I can, therefore reducing potential engine wear and detonation and extending oil drain intervals.

I've also tidied up the battery wiring with new leads and put ring terminals on the previously raw ends of all the positive leads that were just jammed in the positive saddle clamp terminal. I modified the mount for the smaller battery too.

Old vs New

I found the best way to cut braided hose was an angle grinder with a cutoff disc, nice and clean.

All the mounts have isolating rubber inserts

The pressure sender wouldn't fit directly on the filter housing, I remote mounted it with 3AN hose

The front reinforcement bar blocks airflow to a fair bit of the cooler, I'm hoping efficiency isn't affected too much (I originally sized the 19 row so it would sit just below the reo.)

I'll be heading to the Sandown track day held by SAU on the weekend, i'm hoping for a trouble free day and a PB wouldn't go astray either!
                        Last edited by RC_dc2; 28-09-17, 09:35 PM.

Comment

that cooler install is pretty neat.

I am actually going to start doing one for my dc2r soon. I've got a used kit, but was not looking to utilise the filter relocation component of it.

Why is it that B series/DC2 likes to use the filter relocation kit? Is it just to make changing filters easier? clearance issues at the back of the block? i;m only guessing here, as I hvent even got under my car to have a look behind theer!
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                            that cooler install is pretty neat.

I am actually going to start doing one for my dc2r soon. I've got a used kit, but was not looking to utilise the filter relocation component of it.

Why is it that B series/DC2 likes to use the filter relocation kit? Is it just to make changing filters easier? clearance issues at the back of the block? i;m only guessing here, as I hvent even got under my car to have a look behind theer!

I put the remote filter mount on my first cooler setup because I thought that there wouldn't be enough clearance to route the hoses with a sandwich plate design where the hose fittings are off the side/bottom of the plate. I have also kept the stock water/oil heat exchanger installed to aid in warm up times, if you take that off then you may have less clearance problems back there. I'll take a pic of the back of the block next time I'm under the car.

The bonus is that it is a lot easier for filter changes and you have a greater choice of filters so I decided to keep a remote mount for this setup.

Comment

yeah i just spent the day reading your thread! great build so far mate.

i'll be able to hve a look next sunday under my car, so i'll see what to do. hopefully there is enough room to stack a sandwic plate on top of the oem donut!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                                yeah i just spent the day reading your thread! great build so far mate.

i'll be able to hve a look next sunday under my car, so i'll see what to do. hopefully there is enough room to stack a sandwic plate on top of the oem donut!

Here's what mine looks like at the back of the block.

There could be enough room with a sandwich plate if the hoses are routed out towards the alternator. It may actually be worse with the stock oil cooler removed, I'm sure someone has done it before either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X