Joni's Project 96-spec JDM Integra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little update.

Okay, car started pretty nicely in July. But crankshaft sensor was out, ECU showed one fault code. We measured wiring and they we're okay. New sensor on and shit still hit the fan. So.. Disassembling the timing cover and check few things, timing was right but the trigger wheel was facing backwards. Offcourse if wheel has text "outside", put that side to inside... Little assembling it works like a charm.

So i scheduled tuning for the car to friday, car was chosen to car show "CDLC Fitted Fest" which was on saturday.
    So we packaged the on towing car went to Kotka, which is like 150km away from the garage. My friend ZOF started to tune the car. For tuning the idle took like 45min, it was pain in the ass to get idling nicely.

http://moxci.1g.fi/kuvat/Jonsba+DC2+...729-WA0017.mp4

So car was strapped to dyno and real tuning work started.. Only after few tuning pulls, car started to leak loads of oil. "STOP!!!" "What a fuck just broke?"
    Luckily, car shake a little bit because it has 95ah motor mounts, so every nut and bolt which in on the car, broke loose and two bolts on power steering pump's pressure line flew away and it burst off.. So easy fix.
    http://moxci.1g.fi/kuvat/Jonsba+DC2+...729-WA0028.mp4

Then the tuner started to rev it little bit higher. Friggin loud sound from the car when it started to rev, until tuner went WOT, then it sounds like motorbike without silencer. So friggin loud noise, when it revved to the revlimiter which was on 10000rpm on the tuning session. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Damn, it sounds like a real racecar. I like it a lot.
    Then...
    In one tuning pull on dyno, one rallycar race driver who was checking the tuning saw drop of e85 on fuel pressure regulator's boost nipple. Whaat! Hose to the nipple and other end to bottle and start the car. it burst like 1dl of e85 on bottle straightaway. So regulator's diaphragm was broke. So we couldn't get car tuned completely. So pack the car on towing car and straight to garage. My friend who does his car in same garage loaned me his diaphragm so i can go to Fitted Fest. Wohoo!

Oh Yeah! After 4 years, car runs without issues. Oh fawking yeah!

So we went to Lahti in the next morning, there was the Fitted Fest-show. Like 80km from our garage. Trip went fine, not even single problems. People just stared the car because it is so loud and the idle sounds nasty.
    I even got TOP 5-trophy from there. Damn i was happy.

Thanks for the pics Nikke Korhonen Photography and Leevi Myyry.

Here is one video from driveby with like 1/8 of throttle. Damn it is loud with 3" exhaust and K-Tuned muffler.

It needs little bit of fixes before final tune and dynoing. Also i have started to looking for full carbon First Molding-hood, Voltex 1S- rear spoiler and Modulo skirt set.

Comment

Creme of the crop! Well done.

Sounds so tough.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Amazing build man!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

More pics from magazine photoshoot.

Thx to Tomi Eronen for the pics.

Comment

Some little updates, couple of bits arrived for Christmas and after Christmas.

Meziere electric waterpump.

Tractuff send something else too, waterpump delete housing delete, alternator mount, upper coolant housing and waterpump mount. Offcourse billet aluminum.

Upper coolant housing needs some modification for future plans.

New radiator arrived too from Chasebays, biggest tucked radiator i've found.

So hopefully this waterpump and power steering pump removal release few ponies!

Comment

Yeah, few months of money collecting is now over.. I didn't even touch the car for like two months.. But but, in march i got myself together and changed the rear diff to Wavetrac and installed that Spoon 5.1-gears to gearbox and new bearings. Also beadblasted the gearbox case for cleaner look.

Then i waited like a month to get my gearbox bolts from Downstar, he didn't get the bolts to mail like in two weeks and the USPS lost the package in LA for another two weeks. Only thing that Downstar pulled thru fast was sending the check for the bolts. :cry:

Offcourse i didn't like that aluminum-look on the gearbox so i painted it with semi-gloss black.

So gearbox is now black, with black parts.

I also bought Toyota MR-S electric-hydraulic power steering pump, i dont have pics for that, but i washed it througly and painted it semi-gloss black.

In last week i had huge amount of excitement and i started to checking oil leaks from timing chain cover, it dripped some oil in last summer.. So pulled damper out and found out that crankshaft seal didn't have the lip anymore.. So oil leak is now found. I bought new seal for that and beadblasted the cover and painted it black again. Same time i washed the oil pan and glued it back together.

Yesterday i received alternator from EM2 Civic. Like D17something. It bolted straight to Tractuff billet mount. Alternator is 130ah modified one, because all of those electrical stuff.

In next week i should receive Tractuff inline thermostat that is modified for heater hose return and thermostat bypass.

And i ordered more an-fittings from XRP and Reverie Carbon airbox.

Comment

Yeah!
                I haven't updated this for a long time!

So in may we received the Reverie carbon fiber airbox. Damn that was cool! Shame that i have to cut holes to it. :shock:

Some test fitting, damn it's big! Phew! Measures we're correct, although it is pretty tight fit!

And our friend Faabio made swirl tank to upper coolant housing. Defi's water temp sensor and engine coolant sensor for ecu we're fitted to bottom of that tank.

And it fits like a glove. New AN-hose to upper coolant line/Laminova and it's awesome!

Then Kujala Performance made 4" aluminum intake with big K&N filter in bumper. Offcourse with Mikalor clamps and Samco classic-hose.

Also he made mounts for Toyota MR-S electric/hydraulic power steering pump. Our friend Patu made electrical part of that, PS-pump turns on when you turn keys on but stops when keys are in ignition position. Also water pump turns on like that. Then there is switch for secondary cooling fan and it turns water pump and fan on even without keys on ignition switch for cooling purposes.

Because there is some issues with fitment and room for stuff, old big fuel filter was changed to XRP Wiggins-clamshell 40micron filter.

Then car was ready! Wohoo, "couple" of mods in winter and car was ready in august. Car works like a charm, coolant mods made it to run little bit warmer because higher temp thermostat which is good for getting e85-fumes out of the engine. Plenum dropped IATs from 80*c to 20*c. Even the power steering feels like stock! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Matti Tirronen Photography also took couple of pics at CDLC.co Season Ender. Damn, this car looks so cool! :mrgreen:

Car was also on display in X-treme Car Show which is second biggest car show in Finland!

But, because karma is a bitch.. It didn't survive whole season. Last weekend i said to Jonsba that does this burn rubber... 8000rpm, 2nd gear and clutch drop.. that f******n Stage 3.9 Driveshaft Shop driveaxle surrendered. :cuss:
                So need some service in winter

Comment

very nice

Comment

Working...
                  X