Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joni's Project 96-spec JDM Integra

Hey!

My name is Joni Lammi. I was invited to this forum by FelixR from JDMStyletuning, he liked the car so write these here too. Someone who's in ITR-DC2.com-forum maybe remember this car.

I'm building 1996 Honda Integra Type-R for my friend Jonsba. He's english is so bad, that he wants me to write these.

Car was bought from Japan in 2009 and was shipped to Finland.

Car was in pretty standard condition except Cusco Zero-coilovers, Mugen catback, Mugen header and couple of Mugen parts inside of car.

In 2010, car received couple of parts, like Cusco 7-point rollcage, Cusco 25mm rear ARB, Cusco strur bars F&R, Bride Zeta 3 in red, Spoon front spoiler, J's Racing front negative camber kit, Seibon hood, Takata MPH-341 4-pt harnesses, Spoon front caliper, J's Racing 60RS -titanium catback and Wedssport wheels with Toyo R888.

Car went on Kemora racetrack in 1:21.8. Fastest time on that track with local Honda "club".

Car looked like this:

In 2011 on same racetrack, car engine destroyed in misshift and Jonsba started to make K-swap.

Engine was bought from Jonsba's friend and K20-stuff bought from Hybrid Racing.

Engine was built with 12.5:1 Wiseco pistons, Eagle H-beams, ported RBC from Blueprint Racing, 64,7mm throttle body, head was ported by HMJ-Motors in Finland, ERL Performance S2K-oil pump, R-Crew Header, Hondata K-Pro. It put down 275hp and 247nm. Car performed pretty nice with this engine. 0-60mph in 4.5 second and 60-130mph in 9second.

End of 2011 car was in Finland 2nd biggest car show, X-Treme Car Show. People liked car a lot.

In 2012, transmission lost 3rd gear on trip to Gatebil Mantorp. After trip, car was driven to garage and the Project started.

Car was broken to pieces.

Same time me and Jonsba started to think if we build one of most powerful K20a in 2liter. Goal was over 300hp and 250nm.

So engine disassembly started.

Jonsba made choice to repaint the body so body modifications started. I removed rear seat mounts, radio, antenna, speakers to lighten the car and welded about 70 holes in engine bay to clean it up.

Use protection when welding, dont do it like me.

In 2013 we started to get parts for the engine.

Carrillo Lightweight I-beams.

Inline Pro made custom pistons for us. CP Ultra Lightweight pistons with 14.1:1 compression ratio.

[IMG]Head was ported little bit more by Kansiset Racing Engines in Finland. It flows 343hp@14.5mm. It was assembled with Ferrea 6000 1mm oversize-valves in intake and exhaust.[/IMG]

Custom oilpan from Canton Racing Products.

Also we installed J's Racing Roll Center Adjusters in front, K-Tuned traction bar and J's Racing rear camber arms.

Then project was put on hold to save money for it.

Then body modications we're done and car was at painter.

We received awesome JDM-stuff like these nuts.

Project Kics R40 in titanium coloring. Wheels are SSR Type C in 16x7 et 42 with 8mm spacer

Volk Racing CE28 8-spoke design in Magnesium Blue. 16x7 et40. Tires are 195/50 16 Yokohama Advan A048.

J's Racing cold air duct.

Then body modications we're done and car was at painter.

We received awesome JDM-stuff like these nuts.

Project Kics R40 in titanium coloring. Wheels are SSR Type C in 16x7 et 42 with 8mm spacer

Volk Racing CE28 8-spoke design in Magnesium Blue. 16x7 et40. Tires are 195/50 16 Yokohama Advan A048.

J's Racing cold air duct.

We also modified valve cover breather with an-fitting. Also painted in BMW Atlantis Blau.
    Here also can been seen our custom anodised Aeromotive A1000-fuel pressure regulator.

[IMG]Then our friend welded an-nuts to water inlet and outlets in radiator and upper hose inlet. Assembled with titanium taperhead bolts.[/IMG]

ASP Headers custom header made to specs and ASP chromoly scatter shield.

In august 2014, i started assemble the engine.

ATI Super Damper in test fit.

Offcourse representing ATSGarageUSA!

In september 2014, i found rare ARC oilcap for Honda S2000/Nissan RB26.But that f****r didn't fit to K20-valvecover.

New gaskets came. They are OEM. Except Cosworth head gasket.

Here you can see the valve cover and oil cap in sunlight.

Car was fully disassembled when it went to painter.

Comment

In October 2014

Car was painted!! Wohoo!! This moment we had waited a long!
      Color is oem, Phoenix Yellow.

Then assembly started.

Test fitting new wheels with new color.

New 98-spec bumper was bought from Honda and i found Mugen Phase-1 rear spoiler.

Also our British friend made custom titanium hood prob

Here you can see tucked headlight harness. We tucked every wire on engine bay. I never do it again...
      Also headlights are brand new from Honda.

In december 2014 our friend glued rear glasses on.

For Christmas we received Toda Racing timing chain, oil pump chain and 30*degree VTC-pulley. Oem is 50*degree but new Kelford cams have so much lift and degree, we needed to limit VTC.

In January, we received Spoon Sports kevlar plug cover, Spoon carbon Phase 3 electrical mirrors, Shift Sports wide front fenders and ARC titanium shift knob.

My cat liked those.

One of our friends removed those side blinker holes. But i dont have pictures about it.

I installed new Rywire tucked k-swap engine harness. In engine bay you can see Defi Din-gauge kit. Those gauge wires went also through that hole. Radiator mounts are titanium and almost every bolt and nut in engine bay is titanium.

In February

Test fit for header.. Damn that is long MF.

Then was long break again. Jonsba the owner was in 2 months worktask at Neste Oil Refinery.

But here is how the car looks now.

First Molding canards and J's Racing duct was installed couple weeks ago.

Now we are waiting to get fuel, oil and waterlines from XRP, 54mm ITB-kit from Hayward Performance, new door gaskets from Honda, rollcage, fenders and stuff from painter, Wavetrac LSD for gearbox, new Bride Zeta III Type-L Japan edition in carbon etc.

Too much parts are still needed, but we hope we get this car moving and ready in October. Maybe again get it to X-Treme Car Show.

Last photo, test fitting Spoon coil cover with modified valvecover for that ARC oil cap.

I'll try to update this thread as soon as possible when we get something done!
      Feedback is important for us, feedback make us build this better! Thank You!

Comment

awesome stuff! Nice build.

Comment

Epic build with quality parts, thanks for sharing!

Do you have any videos of the car on the racetrack?
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

So epic. Thanks for sharing the build here Joni

Those brand new headlights would have been costly!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Headlights were 900€(about 1360aud) per piece.

New shiet arrived.. Now we can start plumb everything.

Fittings and hoses made by XRP.

Comment

wow, awesome build! love the yellow
                IG: tonytr

Comment

Wohoo, today arrived couple of oem-parts.
                  New hood opener cable, new door weatherstrips, new windshield moldings and every bolt that we need for assemble the engine and gearbox.

Also a few pictures of engine bay.

Comment

Nice. Where did you order all the OEM parts?
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

awesome build champ
                      keep it up
                      my sale thread 21.01.12
                      CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Engine is now assembled for last time. WOHOO!

Engine specs are now:

Custom CP-Pistons by Inline Pro with 14:1 compression ratio, 2021cc,
                        Carrillo A-Beam connecting rods,
                        Clevite bearings,
                        ATI Super Damper,
                        Head ported and valvejobs by HMJ Motors and Kansiset Racing Engines,
                        Ferrea 6000 +1mm valves in intake and exhaust,
                        Ferrea drag spec valve springs,
                        Ferrea titanium valve retainers,
                        Kelford Spec-C camshafts,
                        Toda Racing 30*degree VTC-pulley,
                        Toda Racing timing and oil pump chain,
                        54mm ITB-kit by Hayward Performance,
                        Custom header by ASP Headers,
                        Canton Racing oil pan.

Comment

Couple of things arrived this week, it's beginning to look like we are going to get car ready in time!

54mm ITB:s from Hayward Performance

Bride Zeta III Type-L Japan Edition in carbon.

Comment

Very nice ITBs!!
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Amazing build. Love the attention to details, so fresh.

Did you consider updating the ABS unit while you had everything apart?
                              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                              X