Back to the Honda Civic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the Honda Civic!

Alot of people on facebook know that i've moved on from my Bayside Blue R34 GTR V-Spec, to move onto looking at investing in property, but whilst doing that, on the side i've decided to build a daily/track car. The car i have chosen for this is none other than my first manual car, the Civic EG So prior to selling the 34, i was looking on gumtree and FB and came across a few that were modified and had a B series in them already and were modified quite abit, my ideal EG was one with a B16B or B18C7, saw one that caught my eye, but come inspection, it didn't really seem like it was worth what the asking price was, i was disappointed, and was advised by Dedy at Top One to build my own instead of buying one already built, so i kept looking but this time i was looking for one that would be a good base to start with such as relatively straight chassis and good interior. So the day i sold my 34, i came home and jumped on gumtree, searched the usual 'Honda civic eg', i went through all the pages and decided to jump back to the first page, to my surprise a new ad had come up for sale, 48 minutes ago, so i clicked into it, it was a white 1994 Civic EG GLI, body looked good in the photos, it had just over 190,000km's on the D15 engine, but i wasn't too worried as i was planning to drop a B-series in it anyway in the future, and it had LOGBOOKS, i was excited, called the number and drove to the owners place to inspect it, i was amazed at what i saw, it was a very clean and very straight EG, i opened the logbooks to find that it had been serviced regularly up until 18x,xxxkm's and then after that it was self serviced by the person who owned the car now,when i opened the bonnet the engine looked like it was in good condition and everything was stock, only thing that the owner changed was the radiator as the stock one was leaking so it got replaced by a full aluminium half size radiator! Naturally there were some minor imperfections like bumper needs to be replaced as there is a crack in it, and rear bar needs a touch up, but overall i was very happy with the car, so i negotiated with the seller and we came to an agreement and i purchased the car without hesitation When i got in the car and started driving away the memories from when i had my first Civic EG which was red and it had a Twin cam D-series engine came back and i had a massive smile on my face, it was good to be back in my favorite Honda hatchback. The car felt so smooth and changing gears was a breeze, it just felt so good to drive. Here are some pics.

Last edited by wongy; 04-07-15, 12:22 AM.
    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
    NSEX

Great find!

What's it like coming from a GTR? haha
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

So clean!
      Good on you for making the hard but adult decision. I sometimes look at my mortgage and think I should have done the same haha

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Awesome, being an adult with kids and mortgages is shit, certainly hurts the garage,
        but I think I'm gunna like this thread, great little base to work with there

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
        using Tapatalk
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          Great find!

What's it like coming from a GTR? haha
          Obviously the power difference but it doesn't feel too bad, the EG feels really fun to drive

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
          So clean!
          Good on you for making the hard but adult decision. I sometimes look at my mortgage and think I should have done the same haha
          haha, yea, was hard =[

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
          Awesome, being an adult with kids and mortgages is shit, certainly hurts the garage,
          but I think I'm gunna like this thread, great little base to work with there
          Yea, definitely hurt the garage, but will get another one in the future when i have my mortgage, will be a better one too next time but for the meantime, i cannot wait to work on this even though i know i'll definitely spend more money on this car, i'll get more out of it as it will be driven more.
          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
          NSEX

Comment

Well, updates to the car I've had my 5 stud conversion done as well as replaced most if not all of my bushings done at JDMYARD. Also picked up a second hand set of Buddyclub P1's that were sitting in the garage at JDMYARD for a good price i couldn't refuse, and i needed a set of 5 stud wheels anyway ><" i believe they are 16x7+42 which is a pretty good already, these will be my track wheels. The tyres were worn on them so i replaced them with a fresh set of 205/45 Hankook RS3s. Haven't got a pic with the new tyres on yet but these will do for now

I then fixed the leaking steering rack boots and driveshaft boot, replaced water pump, all the belts and also fixed aircon with a second hand A/C compressor and regas as well as a minor service done at Top One and LED headlight kit installed instead of going HIDs, i can definately tell that these are brighter and the spread is better than HIDs, it also doesn't get as hot as HIDs, uses less power and lasts longer.

Before:

After:

High beam:

Whilst i was scrolling through FB one day a white OEM 2 piece EG6 wing came up for sale and i just couldn't say no to it xD i'm loving the extra bit of length it adds to the back and the LED brake light of course!

Thats it for now and i can't wait to take it to the track in October to see what this engine can do before i eventually do a engine swap.
            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
            NSEX

Comment

Working...
            X