Nice one Shak!

#ClubS2K
    Originally posted by AL92 View Post
    looks nice and red!
    Originally posted by Bluscreama View Post
    Nice mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
    nice car shak!! dont forget that your true loyalty lies with the dc5r though :P
    Originally posted by LiteX View Post
    Nice one Shak, I would also get both cars but insurance and rego is going to kill me =(
    Originally posted by A.Vichidvongsa View Post
    Nice s2k shak, i hope to ride in it someday
    Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
    good stuff shak. keep it nice stock and oem and they will surely go up in value in the long run
    Originally posted by felixR View Post
    Yes Shak will keep it "stock"
    Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    Andrew. Its not stock lol
    Originally posted by maracer View Post
    Nice Nice, Fark'n loves the S2K
    Thanks everyone. Definitely feeling the S2K love up in here! Loyalty will always remain with the DC5R forever. I wouldn't be on here today if it weren't for that car!

I can happily say I've kept the car stock for just over a year now (367 days to be exact). If I had the classy, refined, and timeless AP2 like you do Andrew I would most definitely keep it stock. However, boy racer cars like the AP1 were meant to be modified :P

It's about time for an update guys. I'll start with a quote from Timmy.

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
    Watch this space....
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Review and impressions of the new upgraded parts post next trackday would be awesome! looking forward to it
      eckoflyte

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
          It's about time for an update guys. I'll start with a quote from Timmy.
          Interested to see what you have planed.

Comment

Still waiting for said update

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
              Review and impressions of the new upgraded parts post next trackday would be awesome! looking forward to it
              Originally posted by sugz View Post
              Interested to see what you have planed.
              Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
              Still waiting for said update
              Hehe just taking the piss Timmy

The update you're waiting for isn't too far away Todd!

Anyway, where do I begin?... The past thirteen months of ownership has truly been an amazing experience. My only regret would be throwing away so many pennies towards the DC5R when I should have invested in an S2000 much earlier! However, knowing me I'd probably end up throwing more pennies towards the S2000 in the long run when instead I should be paying off the mortgage while the interest rates are low

More on these parts in the not too distant future:

Unfortunately I've lost a few pictures that were on my previous phone as the screen cracked and I couldn't be bothered to fix get it fixed. So I feel some things may be missed but I may come back and update on those things in the future.

Onto the updates:

30 June 2014

Received an order from Amayama. The most important item being the NSX-R horn button. Also a couple months earlier I had purchased an AP2 center console. I had to have this particular one the moment it popped up for sale as it had the black cover pieces instead of the regular silver pieces.

Purchased an OEM DC2R shift boot to retrofit to the AP2 center console

20 July 2014

My group of friends got together to get me some presents for my birthday which was on the 29th of June. They got me the new Takata harness black edition, as well as some Hardrace diff spacers. Thank you very much Andy (McDognalds), Danny (DTN), Fahad (itr5093), Hau (Hau), and Nathan (wongy). A few months later Hau and John (John_K20A), had told me together they also bought me some presents. They got me a Works Bell short hub, as well as a Works Bells rapfix II quick release! Andy, Fahad, and John probably don't read the forums anymore but thanks again to all of you guys! Will upload pics of the Hardrace diff spacers, and Works Bell hub later.

29 July 2014
              Received my Momo Mod 78 steering wheel in Suede. Few pics of it paired with the NSX-R horn button and Works Bell quick release.

17 October 2014 - WTAC

Seeing as I now owned an S2000, the Top Fuel/Voltex S2000 was even more inspiring to me now than it already was. I wanted to get Nob Taniguchi in particular to sign something for me - S2000 related. I just remembered I had purchased the S2000 CR radio door from the hardtopguy in the U.S a few months prior. So I brought it with me on the day just in case the opportunity to get his signature came by. On previous years I didn't even know they had designated signing/photo op times with the drivers so I made sure I was there on time. I literally got there at 1-2pm (can't remember the exact time) and only waited 5 minutes in the queue for the drivers to arrive. I was the fourth person in the queue which was pretty confusing for me as I thought there'd be a lot more people in line given the popularity of the drivers. Sure enough I was able to get Taniguchi to sign the radio door and I also got to shake his hand. Let it be known that I did not wash that hand for the rest of the day.

18 October 2014 - WTAC

Given my luck in getting a signature on the previous day I thought to myself f*** it, I'll take my spare steering wheel with me. I had been trying to sell this brand new steering wheel (Nardi Personal 330mm Suede), on the aus s2k Facebook page for a cheap $290 from memory. Places like JDMYard were selling this for $400+ at the time. I was able to get the signatures of Max Orido, Under Suzuki, Nob Taniguchi, and Tarzan Yamada. I may need to buy a display cabinet for it in the future one day.

3 November 2014

I managed to convince my good friend Wilson to come along with me to the EXE track day at Wakefield Park. I really wanted to participate (in the DC5R) but a rather unfortunate transaction with another ClubITR member ruled me out of this trackday as well as the JDMYard trackday on 14th October. Had I known there was going to be very few cars present on the day I would have contacted Tom or Mugsee and taken the S2000 out instead. Oh well! I wanted to go down and spectate for two reasons. The first being to see some of the Melbourne ClubITR gang (Mugsee, Napo, Peter, and Tom). Particularly Peter as he was really progressing extremely quickly in his S2000. I wanted to see for myself where I wanted to be in terms of driving skill and how Peter took on Wakefield Park in the S2000. Thanks for the passenger laps Pete, they really provided inspiration and motivation to push me into starting to take the S2000 to the track. The second reason for going was to see the much talked about "Nakama" group live in action. I'm also secretly a bit of a Ben Johnson fanboy myself, please don't tell him anyone :P. Vyet's car never disappoints either, see the vid below.

Can someone tell me why Vyets always looks so angry/pissed off? Surely he didn't know his diff was about to go on him

His car sounds as angry as he looks

10 January 2015

Received my phone holder mount from Modifry, pretty straight forward install.

16 March 2015

D&M Time - To be honest, ever since the incident at the track with the DC5R (even though it was so minor!) I have been scarred for a long time. I really wanted to go back to the track but inside I was still worried something may happen again given my unlucky track record at trackdays. I even considered giving up going to the track all together at one stage. I would think to myself perhaps it isn't for me after all but at least I did give it a go. Lucky enough I had an amazing group of friends who were really supportive during that whole period. They did encourage me to get back out there and I would always tell them soon enough I would. After spectating many times again at a couple trackdays that most of my friends had participated in, the urge was increasing daily to participate in a trackday. I decided to just go with my gut feeling and secured myself a spot for Fielding's team ground zero trackday (I don't know if they still are called team ground zero).

Nathan, who was fresh off his first trackday in October a couple months earlier also said he'd enter so we drove down together that morning. I decided against timing myself and putting any unnecessary pressure upon myself as it was my first trackday in about 20 months. I really just wanted to get a good feel for the car and not push it hard at all, something which I failed to properly do in the DC5R at Wakefield. Slowly but surely the feels were coming back to me and as I felt more comfortable I would go just a little bit faster, and brake just that little bit later. It was a very enjoyable day to say the least, and I was extremely pleased with how I felt I was driving the car. Even when I got home that happy buzz didn't stop there, as I pulled into my car port at home I turned the car off and sat there for about 20 minutes reflecting on the great day and how I brought the car back home in one piece! Some pictures of Nate's GTR and the S2000 thanks to Creative by Tommy:

Nathan's GTR looking right at home on the track. Why would he ever sell this amazing car?!

A lot more to come soon guys!
              Last edited by Shakeel; 16-07-15, 07:34 PM.
              Shak's S2000

Comment

Nice update shak and good on you for building the confidence and going back out man
                Looking forward to the progress

Comment

Glad that your passenger lap in my car helped you Shak. Later this year I'll make the trek down to Wakefield again! Awesome update.

*Edit* Wow at that parts stash, give me a slice..
                  1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Good to see you back on the track Shak!

Nice update.
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice looking pile of parts! Good to see you back out on track Shak and loving it.

Comment

that 12months ago update.

Comment

Whats with the Sydney S2000 guys stashing parts lol
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Bluscreama View Post
                            Nice update shak and good on you for building the confidence and going back out man
                            Looking forward to the progress

I hope I can continue to build more confidence in the future! Thanks Charbz

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                            Glad that your passenger lap in my car helped you Shak. Later this year I'll make the trek down to Wakefield again! Awesome update.

*Edit* Wow at that parts stash, give me a slice..
                            Thanks Peter! Looking forward to seeing you back at Wakefield, hopefully I'll be joining you this time!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                            Good to see you back on the track Shak!

Nice update.
                            Thanks boss. Hope we can drag you down to Wakefield one day hehe

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            Nice looking pile of parts! Good to see you back out on track Shak and loving it.
                            Thanks Tom!

that 12months ago update.
                            Don't you love it Timmy

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                            Whats with the Sydney S2000 guys stashing parts lol
                            Well if it wasn't for you asking to buy two of everything we wouldn't be in this mess haha.

Vyet flyby video link above has been fixed.

Well it seems like I lied when I say I didn't time myself. After uploading Vyets flyby video to youtube, I found some gopro footage on the computer a while back from the trackday which shows me starting up racechrono and timing myself. I think it was my second last session for the day, (the last session was just for fun and untimed) and I wanted to get a base time of what I was currently doing with the car in it's stock setup (and below par driving). I can't help but laugh when I see myself driving, oh I make heaps of mistakes haha! I even stall it at the end trying to reverse into the pits but I'll just say my clutch is on it's way out

Here's the natsoft screenshot showing a 1:17.85 which I was really ecstatic about at the time but have since forgotten about it haha.

Here's the go pro footage, apologies if the quality is bad as I'm still trying to work out the best recording settings. Any feedback/criticism is welcome

Last edited by Shakeel; 16-07-15, 08:43 PM.
                            Shak's S2000

Comment

Can u hurry up with ur posts and get to the footage where u are doing 1:12 stock please
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

More updates plz

Comment

Working...
                                X