No announcement yet.

Shak's S2000.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice update Shak. Keep at it with the track days!

Last pic is awesome. Whatta hoon though.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Nice helmet.
      Needs the visor in for more PBs

Comment

Looking good shak!
        S2000
        WSID : TBA
        Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
        Smooth As Detailing
        Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
          Nice update Shak. Keep at it with the track days!

Last pic is awesome. Whatta hoon though.
          Thanks Pete. Yes I'm quite the hoon!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
          Nice helmet.
          Needs the visor in for more PBs
          Thanks Todd, tinted visor helps with PBs for sure.

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
          Looking good shak!
          Thanks Phil, lovely to see you lurking on the forums again

1 April 2016 - Tekno Private Twilight Tracknight at Sydney Motorsport Park (GP Circuit)
          Massive thanks to Berty for letting me know about this twilight tracknight. Two hours of twilight track time, open pitlane, at Sydney Motorsport Park.... What more could one ask for?! This was my first time driving at SMSP, let alone driving during/after sunset on a track anywhere. There was a really relaxed vibe to this day. Probably something to do with the fact I live 15 minutes away from SMSP so I didn't have to rush or wake up at 5am in the morning . I made my way to the track at 4:30PM, signed on, unpacked, and was on track at 5PM.

SMSP is such an awesome track to drive on. There's a bit of everything on this track. I really love the undulations at this track, something Wakefield Park doesn't have much of. The first time I came down the main straight I was only doing like 100km/h since I was so scared of turn one haha. By the end of the day I was comfortable hitting 160-180km/h on the straight before turn 1, so much Adrenalin hits you as you hold speed through that turn! Berty helped me out greatly, I learned quite a lot about what lines to take, and when to brake. I'd really love to go back to SMSP one day to further improve on my time! Ended up with a racechrono time of 1:58.4

Only downside to the day was my IACV started to play up for some reason... My S2000 with LS1 swap:

7 April 2016
          I went to Top One to get the IACV/engine light checked. We dismantled the IACV from the car and opened it up to clean it out. I had cleaned it out at home previously, re-installed it but the issue remained. After the guys re-installed it, we fired up the car but once again the idle hunting issue was there. We checked the engine light code error and it came up with the code saying IACV circuit fault or something rather. The guys suggested most likely the motor in the IACV is faulty. I purchased a new IACV from Honda via Mr Streeter, installed it, started the car and everything was back to normal again.

15 May 2016
          After putting off doing my diff mounts for many months I finally got around to doing so. My diff mounts had actually been cracked prior to purchasing the car and I kept telling myself I'd change them eventually. Good ol' mate Mr Streeter delivered another box from the promised land. This time in the form of a set of Spoon diff mounts:

My old cracked diff mounts - If I pushed on them hard enough I could have pushed the rubber out of the mount altogether

New spoon diff mounts

My friends had also convinced me to finally put on the Powerhouse Amuse R1 Titan exhaust on the car, seeing as we had to remove the exhaust in order to swap the new diff mounts in anyway. Most of the afternoon was spent blowing loads in our pants over the awesomeness that was the Amuse exhaust. Here it is in all it's JDM glory:

Amuse also provide a pretty neat bracket with an extra hanger. Many other JDM exhaust manufacturers don't give you this bracket with extra hanger. This bracket mounts onto the rear lower diff mount holes.

Thanks to Todd, and Danny for coming over and helping me out. Although I think they only came to have a look at the exhaust haha. For those who may be wondering - Yes this exhaust does not have a resonator. That's what I wanted to buy, and I definitely have no ragrets...

Later that day I went on a lazy Sunday drive with few of the #clubs2k members. I love driving this car, honestly it doesn't get any better than this!

Last edited by Shakeel; 01-06-16, 01:36 AM.
          Shak's S2000

Comment

Fantastic update.

What's the exhaust like at highway cruising speed?
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Haha I came and helped this time because last time I said I'd help with the coilovers i turned up once all the work was done :P

Can confirm exhaust sounds amazing and we could hear him 5 streets away and when he vtec' his dad shook his head hahaha

Comment

Fark'n loves that Exhaust buddy

Comment

Hello once again! I figured this was in need of an update before too many updates start to pile up

18 May 2016 - Trackschool Trackday at Wakefield Park

Another trackday with Trackschool. Throughout this year and the last, I really have enjoyed these days held by John Boston and co. If anyone is thinking about going to their first trackday, then I definitely recommend these particular days.

Same setup once again. Only changes were the new exhaust, as well as the hard top being removed for this trackday. Goals for the day were to finally break into the 1:12's and beyond if possible.

I had achieved my goal for the day on the last lap of the last timed session:

2:01.1710, 1:14.9010, 1:13.8410, 1:13.3680, 1:13.1710, 1:12.7500!!!

Racechrono says 1:11's are achievable so I still have a way to go...

Here's a flyby video of the car going down the main straight -

Couple of pics from the trackday -

Shak's S2000

Comment

Video of a couple laps. Excuse the frustration near the end at the red evo driver.. He had refused to let me pass a few too many times on the day
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

haha if i uploaded my full session videos you'd see me telling other drivers to move out of the way and waving my arms around etc

still plenty more time in this shaky!

Comment

Dude, you need to straighten your steering wheel!
                        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

I thought that too :P

But dw he got alignment done before h nats

Comment

best thing about this thread... he vtec'c. and his dad shook his head.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Looks good brother. Killin it.
                              > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

haha if i uploaded my full session videos you'd see me telling other drivers to move out of the way and waving my arms around etc

still plenty more time in this shaky!
                                Cheers Toddy!

I got used to that off center steering wheel. :P

I thought that too :P

But dw he got alignment done before h nats
                                Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                                best thing about this thread... he vtec'c. and his dad shook his head.
                                Dad secretly fark'n loves it.

Originally posted by McDognalds View Post
                                Looks good brother. Killin it.
                                Thanks Andy, lovely to see that you still frequent the forums time to time

Forgot about this... so I'll try to bring it back up to speed.

22 May 2016
                                Gave the car a thorough wash after the previous trackday. Gave under the car a bit of a hose down also as it was all muddy from driving on the (at the time) sand base road that leads out of Wakefield Park back on to the highway. Gave the exhaust a bit of a wipe down also.

24 May 2016
                                Decided to put one of the new wheels up against the car. Many thanks to Alex (plAythiNG) for organising the purchase of these wheels, and taking delivery of them. For those wondering, the specs are 18x9.5+40.

9 June 2016
                                In order to free some cash I decided to let go of the regamasters, and dear me 18" regamasters do fetch a high price. I do intend on hunting down another set of (wider) regamasters eventually but all in due time. The car went back on stock wheels while I sorted out tyres for the new wheels.

17 June 2016
                                New tyres mounted on the new wheels. Thanks to Phil Minge down in Melb for organising the group buy. The tyres are Advan AD08R 265/35/18... Little did I know the struggles I was about to face.

19 June 2016
                                I finally had some spare time to put the new wheels onto the car, and dear me did they poke . Looks like we're gonna need some of that guard work right about now. Especially if I intended on participating at H Nats 2016 on these wheels.

I do draw a lot of inspiration and motivation from this car in particular. Some of you may recognise it as the godly Diez from s2ki. I'm thankful for people like Diez who have paved the way for people like myself who wanted to similar things many years later. He didn't take any shortcuts in the build, and documented everything quite well (picture wise). This made things for me a lot simpler as what I was thinking to do had been done already. Man this car was just amazing in every way!

Shak's S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X