Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shak's S2000.

Hello everyone!

As many of you know through Facebook and other forms of social media, I now own an S2000! I've really missed blogging about cars. Putting my useless thoughts into words, hoping people read them and get enjoyment out of the garbage I put on here haha! I still have the DC5R, though it is taking somewhat of a break from the spotlight.

Back to the S2000 - I've always had a soft spot for this car. It would have been my first car had it not been for the fact only two people could sit in it. Fast forward three years and I was in the position to finally purchase one. I rekindled my love back in 2013 when I had sat in Ryan's (lolwtfhai) S2000 at the JDMYard annual meet. With ClubITR also turning into ClubS2K I decided I needed to see what all the hype was about. I had checked out quite a few poor examples in the first quarter of 2014. Ideally I was looking for an AP1 in Grand Prix White but I knew there were many others waiting at the opportunity to pounce the minute such a car popped up for sale. Mid 2014 I had decided to just bite the bullet and settle for a clean/stock AP1 in either New Formula Red or Berlina Black. I stumbled upon a 1999 AP1 in NFR which suited my general criteria. After checking it out and a bit of research I found out the current owner was the second owner of this vehicle. Each of the owners had owned the car for about 7 years, it had a complete service history at Honda for the first 3-4 years then the owners took it to Hanny's (a reputable honda workshop in Sydney) to the current date. The current owner was in his mid 40's an only drove the car on the weekends. He was also pretty knowledgeable about the car which had surprised me.

On the 19th of June, 2014 I purchased the previously mentioned 1999 AP1 in New Formula Red with 145 XXX km's on the clock. It was completely stock except for a new soft top with glass rear window, and the K&N air filter in the stock airbox. The first few months with the S2000 was purely spent enjoying driving around in a new car. I had also purchased a few parts which I'd like to install in the next few months. The S2000 is really a great drivers car and only after owning one can you truly understand what all the fuss is about regarding these amazing machines.

Here are a few pictures taken during the first six month of ownership:

Last edited by Shakeel; 15-11-15, 06:38 AM.
    Shak's S2000

Nice love the red shak

Comment

Loving it, finally, a build thread! always delayed build threads haha
      BNR34 Build [SOLD]
      APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
      Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
      NSEX

Comment

Show us the parts list son
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Hey shak

Comment

Nice one Shak!

#ClubS2K
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

looks nice and red!
              sigpic

Comment

Nice mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice car shak!! dont forget that your true loyalty lies with the dc5r though :P

Comment

Nice one Shak, I would also get both cars but insurance and rego is going to kill me =(

Comment

Nice s2k shak, i hope to ride in it someday

Comment

good stuff shak. keep it nice stock and oem and they will surely go up in value in the long run
                        eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                          good stuff shak. keep it nice stock and oem and they will surely go up in value in the long run
                          Yes Shak will keep it "stock"
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Andrew. Its not stock lol
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Nice Nice, Fark'n loves the S2K

Comment

Working...
                              X