No announcement yet.

jv-st's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you selling your front end when u convert?

Comment

Awesome Jon!

Car is progressing really quickly
      Shak's S2000

Comment

cant wait to see jdm front done!

Comment

nice itr man...
          my sale thread 21.01.12
          CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Spotted in peak hr today on Horsley Drive. Saw you eye that sticker bombed eg as well lol Very tidy

Comment

Update long overdue! Here's the JDM front I picked up that I mentioned a few weeks ago. Fenders might be a concern, have been 'pulled' I believe. Headlights are non-HID, will look to either get them retrofitted or purchase the 98 spec HID headlights if one comes up. Otherwise everything is the goods. Posted up a couple photos of the gurney flap I have laying around and the OEM optional pods I need to be getting fixed + resprayed

Untitled by Jon Vengust, on Flickr

Originally posted by fn33ch View Post
              Finally the JDM front! I'm gonna stop bugging Joc now haha
              Just picking up dust now sitting around loool

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              Your existing bonnet latch can work if you can't find a JDM one. Worked with me.

Nice purchases. Looking forward to the tune!
              Will be the most likely option I would think if theirs no complications. Tune update below!

Originally posted by ken_twolves View Post
              Are you selling your front end when u convert?
              For sure! But i think the question that should be asked is when will I be getting it done. Lotta $$$ to drop for a quality job + whether or not I get a full respray or just the front end. Why're you looking for a front end? Yours looked mint!

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
              Awesome Jon!

Car is progressing really quickly
              Thanks! It's weird thinking that it's already nearly a whole year since first buying the car. My plan was to keep it stock for the first year haha

Originally posted by sugz View Post
              cant wait to see jdm front done!
              Me too man! Planning on the J's Racing CF bumper duct. Will acquire a their CF canard set if I source a Voltex wanggg, otherwise It'd look out of place

Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
              nice itr man...
              Cheers bud, appreciate it

So rewinding wayyyyy back to the 28th of August I finally hit up Adrian for a tune. Good times.. or so I thought. Here's where it went wrong. Was such a bummer lol. Around 6pm~ I left the car with him at Insight Motorsports and went out for some dinner. Was around 7.30pm~ when I had received a call from him. I was curious as to why he would be calling already. I thought to myself was the tune really completed that fast? Of course this wasn't to be the case. Instead, my distributor gave up on me whilst still on the dyno! What a pain. It was only after a bit of diagnostics that it was the distributor which was determined the be the cause of the problem. Had to arrange transport back home from Insight so luckily the missus' was willing to drive to and from Arndell Park at 10pm. Ended up driving up ASAP to Electronic Fuel Injection in Granville early in the morning and hit up Blacktown via train. Had a friend from around the area hit me up with a lift and we went back to Adrian with the new distributor. Got it back later that afternoon. The dizzy dying I have no qualms, we couldn't have ever predicted that. But this is where it gets a bit murky for me since I'm a bit unaware still with AFR and whatnot. Not sure what to think about the tune so far, I'll let you guys be the judge

I hit up BYP today just to get another power run done and see what's up KW + AFR wise once more to follow up. Here's what we got

Again, not sure what to make of it. Benny alerted me to how I was still running rich and that I'm not making as much as I could be, so to a few others in the workshop as well. He also mentioned how it could be the sensor was off during the tune Adrian performed before. Not really sure what to think atm tbh. It's not dire but it's still something I wouldn't want happened at all. Furthermore, that's extra $$$ spent correcting the tune I shouldn't have to/want to be spending. Will ask around whats the go now to get it fixed possibly. 126 is nice but 130 seems easily possible. Picked up on this (https://flic.kr/p/yn4DLQ) issue as well. Sounds like gushing air and I can hear it in the cabin. Annoying to say the least

Anywayyyyyyy, since I was in the area I also decided to pop down to JDMYard and pick up this Circuit Hero Tear Drop gear knob. It was the last one left and it looks the goods!

If you haven't noticed I no longer post iPhone 5 quality camera shots anymore haha. I bought a new camera last weekend! It's the Sony A6000 w/ 16-500mm lens and I thought it just really met my requirements well. Entry level camera with a great price Here are some test shots I've done after a nice wash. I just ran these through simple VSCO filters. I know barely anything about camera settings still so it's good to see the A6000 doing most of the work for me haha

IMG_6600[1] by Jon Vengust, on Flickr

IMG_6597[1] by Jon Vengust, on Flickr

aaaaaand here's my dog lol

IMG_6576[1] by Jon Vengust, on Flickr

Still haven't gotten rid of the badges nor the antenna yet. Will get to that during the mid-semester break with a bit of help. Exterior is getting a bit neglected. Few really annoying dents in the car is a major turn off, as well as the rear quarter panel rubber being in such bad condition. Contemplating whether or not to restore them using product or to find a new pair from a wrecking DC2. It's not just the condition of the rubber itself but also from the rubber lifting at the edge (is just aesthetically unattractive, water does not leak through). My concern would be the seals after I remove the OEM trims and if then it may start to leak in the future. Will need to do more research.

Otherwise next stage of mods for the car will be either the suspension or wheels! Whichever comes first, not a priority at the moment though. I want to go travelling next year so may even put the car on the back-burner and enjoy it! Can't forget that. Last point I wanted to make.. I want to just go to a track day but I can't find myself committing to it yet. I keep thinking about the negatives and the what if's. That I should get whatever I want for my car first and then think about going. But always talking with friends and people I meet I should just yolo it and go..

That'll wrap up this update, seems huge lol
              00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
              13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
              15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Spotted in peak hr today on Horsley Drive. Saw you eye that sticker bombed eg as well lol Very tidy
                Haha! that you in the eg? was on my way home from BYP. glad you saw it within the 2 days it gets a wash

Comment

I don't know much about AFR so I won't comment on that.

How does the car feel after the tune?

Don't worry too much about peak power figures as every dyno will read differently, BYP's dyno has been known to read a bit high in the past.
                  Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                    I don't know much about AFR so I won't comment on that.

How does the car feel after the tune?

Don't worry too much about peak power figures as every dyno will read differently, BYP's dyno has been known to read a bit high in the past.
                    If I were to comment on personal feel it's an improvement + it's smoother, but not as much as the graph suggests apparently or that it could potentially be after refining the tune once more. So that gets me a bit down. If anything, say way down low on the rev range in like 1st or 2nd and cruising around car parks it stutters a lot more easily.

But I do get it with power figures, that's not really my concern, but more so for the AFR. And I'm a bit of a noob at that
                    Last edited by jv-st; 09-09-15, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
                      Haha! that you in the eg? was on my way home from BYP. glad you saw it within the 2 days it gets a wash
                      I was in the Kluger 2 cars back. That eg looked absolutely rubbish.

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
                      For sure! But i think the question that should be asked is when will I be getting it done. Lotta $$$ to drop for a quality job + whether or not I get a full respray or just the front end. Why're you looking for a front end? Yours looked mint!
                      I was contemplating on saving it for my daily when i can find a el cheapo preface dc4 lol

Comment

nice update man! keen to see the jdm front.

Comment

I was contemplating on saving it for my daily when i can find a el cheapo preface dc4 lol
                          Well if I ever did I'll be sure to ask if you wanted the set. I hear you're getting some new wheels haha

Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
                          nice update man! keen to see the jdm front.
                          One and me both haha. Goals

Comment

Small update. Purchased a whole optional kit the other week and sold my pair of rear pods that were laying around. The search is over. Score!

DSC00664 by Jon Vengust, on Flickr

DSC00665 by Jon Vengust, on Flickr

Condition is 7/10. Needs to be resprayed since whatever paint is on it currently is peeling away. Will also require a repair on one of the ends given it's cracked but that's about it. Otherwise all brackets (except one) are there and it's fine. Whilst the rear pods do have the rubber lining still attached, the side skirts do not. So hopefully a trip down to Clark Rubber will solve that. Glad to finally have a whole set Just need to find a set of 16x7/8 +35 Regas now when they pop up.

Have some bad news though. Rear engine mount is on it's way so I'm in the process of deciding between Hardrace or Spoon Sports engine mounts. Will replace all 5 mounts at once to save any hassle down the line. Siding with the Spoon mounts since they're an upgrade over OEM mounts, which I've taken into consideration as the car is my daily and that'll always be in the vision of what I do. Vibrations should be kept to a minimum whilst still improving engine responsiveness.

Comment

Nice update! Lucky with the skirts and pods! I've given up myself man, I'll probably just put the money to a Voltex wing in the future!

Comment

I have a oem rear mount (still good), with a energy suspension insert that has been poly urethaned in...
                                pm me if ur interested
                                my sale thread 21.01.12
                                CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Working...
                                X