X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fn33ch View Post
    looking good man
    Cheers man! Haven't seen your DC5R around for a while haha

As for the CMC and CSC replacements it all went well! Bled the clutch after as well to get rid of the air in the system and we were good to go. The culprit was a leaking CMC, but it's good to just replace both of the two in one go. And now I'm back to slicing gears like butter. Picked up both the CMC and CSC from Mekong's for $160 compared to other places ($195 for just the CMC..), still can't believe the difference. In other DIY tasks I also got around to fixing the rear bumping sag that usually happens on DC2's so it sits a lot better now. So annoying though without taking out the two side plastic panels in the trunk

Oh and also a bit of an update of something else more interesting that happened during the week, part hoarding! Picked up a J's Racing C304 60RS in pretty good condition nick, can't wait to have it on! Just needs some light polish and it's good to go. Have to start thinking about getting the Toda header in soon as well. Expecting it to be on by July~ so this build thread will start getting some traction by then haha. My decal replacements also came in this week from Gaijin-Garage since they need replacing. Quick and cheap

Also if anyone has/or knows someone with the OEM optional skirts that they're willing to sell I'm listening! I've got the rear pods ready to go but I want to complete the set before I put it on. Gurney flap waiting too but have yet to have it hydro-dipped as I've got exams at the moment
    Last edited by jv-st; 15-06-15, 12:59 AM.
    00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
    13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
    15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Looks awesome. Any pics of before and after bumper sag?

Comment

Originally posted by ken_twolves View Post
        Oh sorry I didn't see this reply! I don't have a photo prior but it did look something similar to the preview photo in this thread (not as bad but still noticeable lol). I'll try and get a close-up of what it looks like now though when I can.

Things are happening, yay! Recently have come back from a holiday and had my header from Toda come in earlier in the week. Had to have it fitted as soon as I could with uni coming up soon and so I went down to BYP one morning and they hooked me up with a 100 cell cat to go with the system. Came back within a couple of hours and you still can't wipe the smile off my face to this day Safe to say the response is amazing compared to the stock system of course, and the note of the J's Racing C304 60RS is both deep and crisp.

Shiny! Need to get rid of these fake badges though, I've applied the rear 'Integra Type R' decal earlier today also that I'll try and get a pic of. Good to finally show that my car isn't just some VTIR/GSi hahas. Also looking towards getting a full detail done, paint swirls and imperfections are plentiful. Even had someone side-swipe my mirror that other day while my car was parked at on the street.. Otherwise it's time to get a tune down ASAP, have heard Adrian is now down at Tekno Performance in Eastern Creek. I'm having a hard time booking something in though :/ Communication wise is not so good via phone/messaging. Have heard also prices rising for Hondata S300 units w/ everything else so that's a bit of a downer. Is there anything wrong in picking one up second hand in good nick ? I'd like to keep the spending down for the year but am still trying to keep an eye out for wheel sets and a mint JDM front end. Have to remember to still enjoy the car and not just have it sitting around all the time

Comment

Bonus vid of when I got it fitted Bear with me for the brake light..

https://vid.me/vgYT

edit: inb4 honda crew hooning
          Last edited by jv-st; 12-08-15, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I'm digging the new number plates! Car is coming along nicely

Comment

coming along awesome man, nice parts too - very jealous :P

Comment

dem plates!! looking good man.

Comment

woah looking good dude!! u should try yahoo auctions for the oem optional side skirts. das where I got mine.

Comment

Originally posted by fn33ch View Post
                    I'm digging the new number plates! Car is coming along nicely
                    Originally posted by ace167 View Post
                    coming along awesome man, nice parts too - very jealous :P
                    Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
                    dem plates!! looking good man.
                    Cheers boys! The plates really do offset the car nicely. Very happy with how it turned out

Originally posted by kaze View Post
                    woah looking good dude!! u should try yahoo auctions for the oem optional side skirts. das where I got mine.
                    Ah I haven't been checking out Yahoo Japan. I've just been sticking to FB groups and eBay. Can't believe I haven't thought about that, thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by ken_twolves View Post
                    Well here it is now at least, and this is an improvement over how weirdly it was spaced out beforehand.

And there's the rear Type R decal placed on. Thank goodness for the template that it came with. Placement was easy as! Forgot to take a photo of the rear windshield though since I also applied the 'DOHC VTEC' decal also. No more driving around like I had some DC2R replica hehe

Just a small update I've ordered a couple of more things from Gaijin-Garage. Specifically the OEM DC2R front and rear badges and an S2000 antenna assembly. Finally able to get rid of whatever those badges that are currently on right now and fix the knocking on my current antenna assembly. So hopefully they come in soon. Won't be fun getting into the boot plastic trims and removing them lol. Links below for the knocking noise I've been getting ever since I clipped an overhanging tree on the way home from work. Just very unpleasant and annoying whenever starting up the car.

Still having trouble sorting out a tune for my car. Getting really frustrated at the moment :/

Comment

The boot plastic trims are very easy to remove. If you need an antenna, let me know - I still have mine lying around (somewhere) and it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
                        The boot plastic trims are very easy to remove. If you need an antenna, let me know - I still have mine lying around (somewhere) and it worked fine.
                        Haha last time I took out a few trims I broke most of the plastic push rivets! Dang, is this the OEM DC2 antenna or an S2000 antenna ? The S2000 antenna really does clean up the look of the car a bit

Comment

OEM DC2 antenna...missed the point that you were you looking for the S2K one

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
                            OEM DC2 antenna...missed the point that you were you looking for the S2K one
                            It's cool, I finally have it now Few things came in the mail today from Gaijin-Garage

Front and rear OEM DC2R badges + OEM S2000 antenna assembly. Hopefully when I have time I can get them on soon. Especially getting rid of the antenna knocking sound. The badges will be iffy, not too sure for the best way to do it. Heat gun/hair dryer + fishing line? Thing is, the OEM DC2R badges are smaller than the ones currently on the car so I hope there isn't any/much residue left over.

Also got a Hondata S300 (v3) Plug & Play P28 ECU from H-Tune UK. Tune coming in this Wednesday finally with Adrian @ Tekno Performance Wondering how much I'll get just for the basic bolt-ons. Get that fuel economy back too lolol..

But in probably the most yolo's of yolo's for the year, in absolute pissing down rain tonight coming home from work, I purchased a JDM front end conversion! Was so out of the blue. It's now laying in bits and pieces around my house due to lack of space but I got it! Will take photos of it when I can tomorrow. Non-HID though but still has the black housing, will look to possibly get them retrofitted though. Will be needing to grab either a JDM DC2R bonnet latch or apparently a DA series bonnet cable (longer cable) + my AUDM bonnet latch as it wasn't included, need to do a bit more research. Was very well priced and the panels were in good nick An exception maybe given to the fenders though
                            Last edited by jv-st; 25-08-15, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Finally the JDM front! I'm gonna stop bugging Joc now haha

Comment

Your existing bonnet latch can work if you can't find a JDM one. Worked with me.

Nice purchases. Looking forward to the tune!
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X