No announcement yet.

jv-st's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really behind on this thread, my bad! I'll be sure to update this soon. In the meantime..

00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
    13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
    15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Profile photo please!
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Such downforce!

Comment

Loud !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't get to see it properly at the jdmyard meet bro! But looked good when I drove past you

Comment

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
              As for the CMC and CSC replacements it all went well! Bled the clutch after as well to get rid of the air in the system and we were good to go. The culprit was a leaking CMC, but it's good to just replace both of the two in one go. And now I'm back to slicing gears like butter. Picked up both the CMC and CSC from Mekong's for $160 compared to other places ($195 for just the CMC..), still can't believe the difference. In other DIY tasks I also got around to fixing the rear bumping sag that usually happens on DC2's so it sits a lot better now. So annoying though without taking out the two side plastic panels in the trunk
              Reviving an old post, but where did you get the CMC and the CSM from?

Comment

Originally posted by scrowetom View Post
                Reviving an old post, but where did you get the CMC and the CSM from?
                Purchased them from Mekong Auto Spares in Cabramatta, NSW. Highly recommend for OEM part pricing.

Unfortunately I think this post was too late Hope you're in a Honda again soon man!

- - - - -

I had the skeleton of this post hidden away for a while but I thought I might finish it off while I had the time browsing the forums again!

Few things were installed onto the car as evident from the previous photo. They are as follows:

Spoon Sports Transmission Engine Mount set

So as it turned out my engine mounts were terribly worn and explained some of the excessive sound, vibration and feel to the car whilst I was driving. I did not want even more vibrations throughout the cabin if I were to pick up a new Hasport or Hardrace mount set. Thus I was siding towards just grabbing Honda OEM mounts. I further researched that there was not much price differentiation between Honda OEM and the improved Spoon Sports iteration. With that I purchased the Spoon Sports set via Gaijin-Garage for $575~ shipped.

I believe the Spoon Sports set is a snug fit in between someone wanting the OEM feel and reliability whilst also wanting a reinforced mount set. I recommend it or those with a daily driver. Very satisfying feel and engine response.

Photos of the Spoon Sports mount set can be found here. (Link)

Tein Flex Z coilovers

I was quite hesitant in selecting and purchasing a set of springs/coilovers for much of my ownership. It wasn't until a discussion I had with local forum member Kenny that I agreed with the vision and criteria he also was looking for in a set of springs/coilovers.

It was after this I had ordered a set of Tein Flex Z coilovers. My goal with the possibility of hitting the track once every so often but for the most part a daily driver. With this in mind, The Tein Flex Z made sense to me with spring rates of 10/5 (front/rear). Cost-savings were made in this product as they introduced a new design structure and as a result a replaceable damper service when they have run their course.

I am unsure if it was the condition of my OEM suspension but I definitely was impressed with the feel and comfort of the Tein Flex Z coilovers even at their most hardened settings. Bumps were absorbed with ease and it was quite a marked improvement when cornering at relatively high speeds feeling planted as ever. I did not encounter any issues clearance wise with the drop as shown below.

I can also definitely recommend this set to anyone looking for coilovers in this criteria. It was amazing that it cost only $1,000~ shipped via PerfectRun for something of this quality. With 16x +35 wheels the car sat like this:

J's Racing 1600mm GT Wing (w/ 295mm extended wing stands)

Practicality and aerodynamic discussions aside, it was definitely an impulse purchase. But had I not bought and installed the wing I wouldn't have been able to let it down. The extended wings measured 295mm in size and were intended for a Mazda RX-7. Ideally 275mm would be perfect size. The wing originally came with 210mm wing stands but this was kept aside.

Looks are subjective, but I quite liked the aesthetic of the car at this point even considering at most angles the wing did appear to sit higher than the roof of the car. At this point I wanted to proceed with the JDM front conversion to complete the intended look.

APR Performance Formula GT3 mirrors

Not sure what more I can say. Looks amazing, absolutely shit viewing angle and meant I could no longer automatically adjust my side mirrors. But hey, beauty hurts.

Practicality wise I do not recommend getting these. But if you're okay with the viewing angle and limited coverage then by all means. Lets also go with "weight reduction, because race car" with the motivating factor to buy them lol. I had gotten them extremely cheap and so for more than purchased so it wasn't too bad.

Honda OEM rear wiper delete

Small piece but it cleaned the look of the rear really well. I hated the rear wiper anyway and it was a cheap pick-up via JDMYard EOYM in 2015 lol. Removed the rear wiper and just plugged it in tbh. Pretty sure that isn't the proper installation method but it was fine with me without any leakage

Current status

… sold I threw the car up for sale to gauge the offers I was getting roughly sometime around last year in the 3rd quarter. A local forum member here within the ClubITR made an offer and purchased the car so I was happy to sell for less than what I was getting knowing it'd stay within the forum. Check his thread out here! (Link)

Prior to the sale I did part out most of the car. Items included the Toda header, J's Racing exhaust, Hondata S300 ECU, and my JDM front 98 spec conversion kit amongst other things.

In the meantime I'm still checking up classified sales sections for the right DC2R to purchase if I ever do again. I have a certain criteria in mind if I were to ever purchase one. Hence why I still currently hold my set of Desmond Regamasters, Spoon Sports CF front lip and the J's Racing GT wing in storage (unless I get offers of course).

At the time of sale the car looked like this:

I've since picked up a 2013 Toyota 86 GT in Storm Black (D4S) w/ 29,000kms on the odometer. You know the go, once you go black.. The car was stock as a rock purchased off an elderly man living in Vaucluse in excellent condition and for a great price. If anything it feels good to be in a relatively new car in comparison to the DC2R. Surprisingly still slow as the DC2R but Same characteristics in that they're well-built chassis' emphasising handling and cornering over top speed. It is fun I must say being in a RWD, my first time! In saying that, like how everyone does mention, it could be faster being a car in this day and age. I am quite happy with it though and it does suit my current circumstances having taken up a graduate position last October and wanting something without much fuss. Hopefully not spending too much on this car and keeping it relatively stock for the time being. That didn't last long and I've since purchased/installed a few things. Currently missing the Valenti brake light as I haven't finished the wiring for the unit. But otherwise it currently looks like:

I hope to still attend meets in the future however! This wasn't so much a build in the sense that I had a track purpose or something practical in that regard. But I more so saw this build as the enjoyment I got out of the car being the way it is and the resulting community behind these cars. The friends made, the long drives endeavoured and the food eaten. It's been great fun being a part of ClubITR thus far (coming on 3 years since ownership) and I'm glad to have found a bunch of guys like you all.

With that I think ends this essay of a post haha. See you guys around sometime soon
                Last edited by jv-st; 19-01-18, 12:05 PM.
                00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
                13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
                15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Working...
                X