X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2000 - My Story

Hi Guys

Enough trolling. I bought a cool S2000

See below table of contents for quick links etc, as I'm sure this thread is gonna be filled with spam!

Key Posts

Previous Owners Receipts

Mod List

First track day - 01/04/15 - Wakefield Park Trackday PB: 1:14.3

Second Track Day - 01/06/15 - Wakefield Park Trackday PB: 1:13.2

Third Track Day - 24/08/15 - Wakefield Park Trackday PB: 1:14.1

Custom Dual Oil Catch Can - Saikou Michi

Custom Engine Oil Cooler - Earls

Fourth Track Day - 07/10/15- Wakefield Park Trackday PB: 1:12.1
    Last edited by plAythiNG; 24-11-15, 05:08 PM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Pics of this cool s2000?

People won't believe you without pics!
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Congrats!
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks guys.

So yeah basically I have had an itch for awhile. Every single day I would look at cars. Ever since my best mate Sugi introduced me into the world of Honda, I have really enjoying the way a car drives rather than how it looks, or how it turns heads. That being said I have owned my Integra Type S for several years, and have grown friends in the car scene continue to upgrade and change their cars. Myself personally got super excited when they got a new car and mods! Yes I was happy for them, but it just made me long for a new car of my own even more.

I set up immediate email alerts on cars like DC2R, RX7. The list began to simply grow. Now my list has also added on S2000's, 22B STI, EVO VIIIMR, Silvia's, R32 GT-R.

Fast forward 6 months and we get to Saturday that has just past. Decided to call up this random selling S15 Silvia (Jap) and also Parvez who would soon sell his car to me.

Test drove the Silvia, sorry actually sat in the passenger seat whilst this nub got all hot and sweaty when he hit boost at 5k rpm. Wouldn't even max it out for me. Simply the car felt like shit and I wasnt impressed. That and when I was going through his proud collection of receipts I seen a purchase invoice from Edward Lees.

Headed back to the west where my car is kept and washed it since I took it up to Newcastle earlier in the week. Later that afternoon I had arranged a meeting with Parvez at his house to look at the S2000. When I got there, I was immediately note taking to the CITR Babes on issues that came to me that I noticed were worn. I feel like I am quite pedantic person so wanted to make sure I was thorough over the car.

Immediately things I noticed were:
        • mismatched respray on front and rear bumpers
        • front OEM lip had seen better days
        • couple dints on passenger door and one center/front of the bonnet
        • stone chip on windscreen
        • driver seat outside bolster worn with leather wearing
        • Honda Motor Co kick/scuff plates not aligned perfectly
        • brake rotors wearing thin

At this stage, I was still happy with the car, and as a result I asked Parvez if I could take it for a test drive. Got in, put the roof down and took it for a drive. I have driven a couple S2000's before and this one felt quite straight, and direct. I was immediately happy. There werent any annoying unknown clunks, smell, or noises so far! Got onto the highway and redlined 4th, straight into the gate! was pretty happy with the way the engine behaved as was the gearbox.

At this stage, was happy to discuss numbers and I guess being money ready, and ready to commit got me over the line but I ended up taking the car home later that afternoon.

To date I have done just over 300km and it's been a blast to drive so far. Have had so much fun and really understand now that the S2000 is a driver's car!

Here is a quick pick whilst I get the rest on here!

2001 Honda S2000 in Monte Carlo Blue
        161,000km
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Anyways threads are boring without pictures so I thought I share a few!

My other good mate Josh who had an AP1 years ago sitting in a 69 position with my Type S!

When he was selling the AP1, we thought we'd do a photoshoot and this was one of the shots!

Young & Dumb, again prior to him selling his car

You guys are getting bored, so thought I throw this up!

So this morning as soon as I got up, I didnt even wash my face/brush my teeth. Straight away ran outside and took it for a drive!

Last edited by plAythiNG; 07-12-14, 07:53 PM.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Car was too low for my liking, didnt have any c-clamps on me out in the west, so did the next best thing. Chucked on my Integra Type S wheels on the rear. Went to put them on the front, and forgot about the front hubs utilising a center bore of 70mm or something fucking stupid like that!

I actually like how the Type S wheels sit, but wont be keeping it like this as they are only 7inch wide, and this makes the car alot more tail happy.

Went to Sugi's place and was stared down by his CD5 beast. If you ever see it, check out his front end. its fucking hot!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Looks like a clean interior!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

OK! So I've listed all the bad points about the car prior to driving the car like it really was my car.

The good points I like about this car:

Engine and gearbox feel really tight and solid. Engine is responsive, gearbox slots into gears, and feels nice and tight
                Close to stock, except for a few minor things that I would have done eventually
                brand new tyres to fit oem 16'' spec
                guards untouched
                absolutely no bog in any of the panels

Just on the bog topic just so I can vent out my thoughts. If this car had any bog, I would have walked away. The front and rear bumpers have non-oem paint and are not aligned properly. Safe to say that this car has had a very minor hit front and rear which involved the bumpers being resprayed. The chassis is straight, and no bog in any panel which was really relieving.

Prior to going to Sugi's place I stopped by Shak's place which then led to Berty's. I wanted to talk S2K with them as they both own one and I wanted them to drive mine to gauge their initial and honest thoughts. Was pleasing to hear that both fellas agreed that the gearbox was tight and smoothe! This was later backed up with Sugi's "nod" also.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Mod List:

Some Alpine head unit with USB
                  Hardrace driveshaft spacer kit
                  BC Racing coilovers
                  New VTEC solenoid replaced
                  New OEM softtop with newer glass window
                  2x sets of Honda OEM mats
                  OEM front lip

To Do List:

Obtain LED's for reading dome light
                  Drop car off to Dedy at Top One (was there for a logbook service on 30/10/14) but I want to hook up speakers to headunit as it did have an amp installed
                  obtain new Honda oem clear side indicators
                  source honda oem boot lid spoiler
                  clay car and detail
                  return Parvez' number plate and order Julie's one
                  obtain new gearknob as it as a shitty Blox one. Most likely FD2R knob
                  unsure what to do with F&R bumpers. Will sleep on this one.
                  buy new blind spot eliminator mirror for driver side mirror
                  speak to Dedy RE rotor situation. Will do a brake fluid flush to Motul RBF600
                  obviously wheel setup!
                  replace roll hoops as they're cracked
                  Last edited by plAythiNG; 13-12-14, 04:38 AM.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Congrats man! I would have made the same choice as getting the S2K. Only car I would ever consider if i were to own/change my car. Is it more fun to drive compared to the DC5S?

Comment

Car drove and felt great dude, very good purchase!

Need to make a .gif file of Sugi's nod
                      Shak's S2000

Comment

Pretty obvious what to do with your AP1 front and rear bumpers!

Btw, did you say you were also looking for 22B's?! Come on now. :P

Comment

Nice haha, still the king of trolls even though this time you were telling the truth.
                          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                          NSEX

Comment

The S2000 is purely a drivers car. You take the car out with the sole intention of having a drice and experiencing what honda made it for.

The dc5 is a really good all rounder. Fykijg awesome on fuel. Has decent power. 4 seater. Hatch to carry anythong u throw at it.

Yes 22b was on the list!

Haha thanks shak! Nathan lets meet up brah
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Going to buy this on the weekend to match my s2k
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...