S2000 - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
    Hey Alex how is the Greddy E-manage ECU. How does it compare to the OEM ECU in terms of acceleration?
    Hey peter, one thing that was a little disappointing was the midrange hadn't improved as much as I was expecting. Although vtec still kicks in at around 5700r could be the reason. On my dc5 with Kpro the tune was amazing in terms of the much improved midrange. Once in vtec the pick up is much better and I feel that the ecu performs best in the high rpm band.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Tbh if I had to pay full price for it. I wouldn't get it but cos I got it for a good price I got it! I truly believe final drive option is better however it would b detrimental at your PI circuit running out of revs on a 4.77?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

It is subjective, some people prefer 4.7's and 4.4's but on the contrary I am pretty happy with the 4.1's. However some corners taken in 3rd such as Winton T1 and Wakefield T2 and that downhill right hander, my revs drop too much for my liking and that's where I would have thought an ECU tune would have helped a lot in the midrange. Not to mention faster straight line speed which the S2000 could do with. Haha.
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Perfectly agree with you on T2 and that right hander as you go down the hill before fish hook! As mentioned my tune feels like it gives the best gains in the high rpm range so I still think a final driver would be better all throughout the rpm band!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

I think a full stand alone and tune is needed to really fix the rev range. Dropping the vtec engagement to say 5000 would greatly help the midrange I'm sure!
            Didn't yours already come with a Preinstalled map on it Alex? Could just be that it didn't have as much midrange put into it and it needs to be changed?

Comment

Yes, mine came with a tune for intake, headers, 70mmm catback from Adrian at SAS. Dyno chart showed 155 rwkw.

I honestly ceebs to get it retuned! Either keep it as is, or part ways with it.

Was on the motorway on the weekend and stopped and hit record on my defi gauges to see the oil pressure from 0rpm to redline in gears 1 and 2. at 9000rpm it did hit 700kpa which translates to 101psi. General rule of thumb for optimum oil pressure is 10psi per 1000rpm, so as long as the car has 90PSI at redline im happy. Thus that means I can affod to lose 11psi with the oil cooler install!

I was going to record this on my phone, but as I hit playback, I forgot to slide the defi controller and ended up overriding my captured data .

For reference/data as well, idle which is around 800rpm my oil pressure is between 190kpa to 200kpa (28psi to 29psi)

Keen to finalise the oil cooler hopefully which basically just needs me to get a couple fittings in, make sure it all works with the defi oil temp sensor, then bring the car to Earls in Silverwater to measure up the lines. I could have done this myself, but Jack offered him to measure it for me, so might as well as the experts in!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Have you considered bringing your car to the dyno to see how much power it puts down? 155rwkw is massive power.

Good info here, keep the updates coming.

Comment

nah i havent. next time i am free and tehre is a dyno day I will!

jsut abrely ahve time these days with a bub on teh way!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

tbh I reckon the car has like 140 give or take 3 kw ATW!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Haha, fair enough man. Either way 140kw ATW I would definitely be happy with that, I'd be keen to see the dyno graph when you do have the chance, just to see how the power curve is like.

Comment

My goal is 140-145 atw as well. I think that's a good power increase over stock.
                        I did a dyno day last year and got 132 atw I think it was.

When I get the ecu and tune it'll just be with the intake and exhaust still so it'll be good to get before/after graphs.

Later on I'll get around to adding a js header and I can get a direct comparison of stock header/js header.

In saying all that I'd assume you'd be around the same peak power mark Alex. Midrange might be a little off with different tunes etc and vtec not dropped

Comment

So anyways once I got the new suspension and wheels installed, I went to a track day back on 07/10/2015.

I said to myself I want to try and crack 11's, pb'd at 1:12.1 so almost there. My driving was all over the place. Last few track days there have been drastic changes to the car suspension wise. I just need more time to get used to the current setup and hopefully get faster each track day.

The PB means I am faster by 1.1 seconds!

The car felt amazing. Even though I was on wider ad08r tyres, I didnt exactly feel much confidence with them. Its been awhile since the track day, but I think the ambient temp was rather cool. Still im a noob.

Next planned track day is in March 2016, and everything will be exactly the same, hopefully add an oil cooler by then, but performance wise it be identical! 1:11's is the plan for the next track day!
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

more mods!

So Nathan on here took my red SPG since it suited the skinnier type folk. I got myself a recaro pole position!

Suits the fat cunt folk like me more! quite comfortable. I also picked up these brand new seat belt extenders from japan;

You attach it to the rear seat rail bolt. Ultimately this type of belt extender suits shorter ppl more. Im 6 foot exactly, and its right on the limit for me. Taller guys like Todd Pingas Higgins on here sits right back, and there is too much slack making the seat belt unsafe.

Heres what Todd looks like for you guys that ever get to see him at a meet!

Love u todd!

Car feels awesome to drive with a bucket seat again. I also install my Nardi 350mm flat wheel with works bell quick release and the short hub. Makes getting in and out alot easier!

As preparation of sending my car off for respray, I chucked on my spare rims to protect my ce28 and AD08R

Wheel specs are 17x9+28 and 17x9.5+28 with 235/45/17 all around!

I did have a Nardi deep corn, but didnt suit my longer arms, so went for the flat as mentioned above!

Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Almost up to date!

I came across the above set on yjp one evening and scored it! This was done a couple months ago, and thought yeah I'll buy it. Prior to this I had picked up a brand new 4.77 final drive. Then I scored a fucked diff for nothing and thought I might as well rebuild this, and sell off my current diff.

Seems like everyone changes LSD as part of the diff overhaul to simply make the most out of changing a diff. Ordered an OS Giken diff. After doing some research, and even exploring options with Ben the Puddymod gangster, I decided to send my diff parts to Sam in Adelaide down at Neat Gearboxes for an entire overhaul and rebuild. So the usual replacement of honda oem bearings/seals and whatnot, CT Engineering billet end caps, ARP hardware, shotpeened and ISF treatment of everything, J's solid collar, and washing everything in a nice bubble bath! Along with the bubble bath I am sending him my 4.77 diff gears, OS Giken LSD, and also Spoon Diff casing.

Sam was quite excited about the Spoon casing as he also prefers to use higher volume of fluid in the diff, as well as a potential diff cooler setup too!

Last weekend, I took my car and drove it. felt good!

I drove it back to my house so I can drop it off at Top One to install my new Voltex wing; 1700mm Tpye II, Type B end plates with custom 295mm stands.

I also got a air delete pump kit from the Netherlands. I do plan on getting a brake duct kit in the future, and after reading Peter's thread on here, I thought I might but the kit in advance!

THANKS FOR READING< FINALLY UP TO DATE>

Anyways, im about to see my firstborn with my wife in a months time, so will be silent. possibly. not sure. Might squeeze in a track day or two!

Cheers.
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Bahahahahahha, more pics of the model please!!

Mad updates Alex, you get the wing stands from Phil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X