S2000 - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*17x9 245/40

I'm just running hc+ f and r and they are extremely good at the track imo. Pull me up no issues. Bit dusty on the street but easy to clean up.

Even with the 16s I was hitting 165-170km/h by the kink so work on your T10 speeds and take it to 9k down the straight haha

Comment

I've also got a fucked gearbox. its hard to upshift at redline 3rd and 4th gears LOL. Looking for AP2 diff and Gearbox also!

Todd, are you going back on the 1st?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

As mentioned earlier in this diary i wanted to freshen up the interior. Put in a new glovebox with deflector, new roll hoop covers, new sun visos and roof trim. I also got the long awaited ap2 door cards. I searched for two months for the door carfs. Now there are several sets on yjp... The interior is now completr except for some bucket seat and rails...

Toanyone reading. I reallybelieve the three S2000 mods that should be a staple ehen hitting the track besides good tyres/pads/fluid is

Koyo radiator
        oil cooler
        cusco brake master stopper

The radiator kept temps down all day. I hvent got an oil cooler yet but on stock cooling swtup i was hitting 125deg after a few hot laps.
        the cusco unit gives so much more confidence when braking. The pedal is firm as fuck!

Atm theres not much ekse for me to buy for the S2K. But hopwfully in a week or two i can have some more part updayes as prep for june 1st
        Last edited by plAythiNG; 09-04-15, 06:53 AM.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Enjoyed reading all those updates. Can't wait to see the car all in one colour haha
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Prep for next track day:

install rear pads/machine rears
            bleed brakes
            install mugen headers
            install spoon n1 catback
            install greddy ecu
            do AP2 tail lights
            possibly install trust oil cooler

wasnt planning on doing much, but its a tough ask to get my S2K out of its garage and get it sent over to Top One for work. So if I am going over there for work, I need to do things in batches to make the trip worthwhile. I keep the S2K in South-West Sydney whilst I live closer in the city.

so so broke FML
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Waiting on project mu hc800 rear pads and will bring car in to do aabove. Wont do ap2 just yet.

Plan is to go track day wirh above installed.

Do track day again in august.

And then after that install sussy bits and hack the guards up
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

So are the ecu, headers, and exhaust going in?

Can I hack your guards with my hacksaw?
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Ecu and other bits will help lots!!!
                  Lots of time dropped there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                    So are the ecu, headers, and exhaust going in?

Can I hack your guards with my hacksaw?

no broooo, dont be sillly......... angle grinder!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                    Ecu and other bits will help lots!!!
                    Lots of time dropped there.
                    Only doing it because I got a package setup, so might as well use
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Definitely use it man! It'll help so much down the straight. My guess is you'll have to re learn the track though as shifting and braking will change a lot too!

Comment

Big yes to Laguna Pearl Blue! Probably one of the nicest S2000 colours in my opinion. Are you planning to keep the AP1 front or are you going for the full AP2 look?

Comment

I have an AP2 Front (JDM) bar and AP2 lip.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Have been really neglecting this build thread, as I have ordered quite a few parts, but nothing installed yet lol.

I guess what I have missed out here is the last track day in June. Again hosted by JDMyard, it was an awesome day. track opened around 930 and shut a bit earlier due to an accident.

was incredibily cold, and the track temp was ice cold that my times were 3-4 seconds slower than normal even though I thought I was getting some decent times.

As mentioned the upgrades to the car for this track day was HP increase. I picked up a Greddy e-ultimate piggyback ECU with a tune from SAS. All that was missing was a cold air intake. I found an injen intake for dirt cheap and bought a new K&N air filter for it.

Installed it and the car sounds awesome IMO.

Injen CAI
                            Mugen Header
                            Spoon N1 catback
                            Berk 70mm HFC
                            Greddy ECU

car feels a bit quicker and more torque midrange, but in VTEC the car is quicker than before! engine note sounds awesome with the cold air intake and the spoon n1 exhaust!

Anyways back to the track day. Ended up with a new PB of 1:13.2 The only issue I had with the car during the day was the exhaust hanger coming off and a hitting sound of my exhaust onto part of the chassis on right hand corners. Ended up putting the exhasut back on and back to racing! I finally found some form and with guidance from Andrew Tran I netted the PB! Went into the pits to get some fuel and at this stage a nissan had a face palm with the tyre barrier and everyone's day was finished.

The car definitely has 12's in it and even possibly high 11's. Just need to practive my T2 corner entry and hold as much speed as possible. Repeat that for fish hook also and I think these two areas will see my times tumble. I couldnt get much race chrono data as all the sessions except for my last two where I got the PB's were all write offs due to the cold temps.

Keen to get back out there!

Thought I might elaborate and check out some mroe data!

PB 1st Track Day: 1:14.37 16.42 13.90 25.78 18.26
                            PB 2nd Track Day: 1:13.29 15.75 13.88 26.05 17.61

Looking at the times above I am faster in every single split, as mentioned previously in this post I need more time with the car as I only got my PB late in the afternoon and didnt exactly get much time with the newly added confidence.

With the lighter weight, more power I am 11km/h faster at T2, 9km/h faster at T3 and the start/finish. More importantly I need to carry a higher speed through the corners to improve my lap times!
                            Last edited by plAythiNG; 23-06-15, 08:46 AM. Reason: Add more info
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

The car is looking good! Hopefully ill join you on the track in the near future

Comment

Car looks shit lol!

Still gotta update but so much to catch up on!
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X