No announcement yet.

S2000 - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you going to polish that or mount it as is?
    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

That's spoon resonator is HUGE

Comment

The axel back os going to be polished back before installing. Yeah the resonator is big conpared to dc5. My thinking is s2k os stock with two exhaustsso to queiten down the single exit they went with a larger resonator
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Moving along nicely Alex!

Comment

Finished my hunt for body parts over the weekend;

AP2 Front Bar JDM

AP2 Front Lip

Second bootlid

OEM rear spoiler

When I got the S2000, I was unsure how I was going to go with bodywork, aftermarket front bar, AP2 items, full AP2 conversion, widebody, overfenders etc.

Decided I was going to go a mix between AP1/2.

AP2 front bar with AP2 OEM lip
            AP1 rear bar

Both bumpers are JDM versions so thus no HID washers and the JDM rear has a much smaller numberplate garnish and I feel will make the rear much more fitted.

Going to start getting ready to get the entire car sanded back, guards pulled and modififed for some nicer spec and non s2k spec wheels and then repainted in MCB.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Sounds just about perfect[emoji106]

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
              using Tapatalk
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

The big resonator make sense if your changing from 2 exits to a single exit
                Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Will be getting my :

70mm berk hfc
                  ap2 tails
                  new door hinges as the curent ones are creaky.

hopeuflly tonight or tomorrow. not sure see how I go.

If I have time, I'll also change my rear bar from AUDM yellow to JDM Silver. lah
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

I'm thinking about just throwing my jdm bar on too despite the paint chips haha

Comment

Nice can't wait to see pics after respray man.
                      Tried spraying crc ect on the hinges or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got the hinges cheap. $20/side. Will head over to bunnings and get some crc 808 silicon and see how it goesm but i think my hinges are worn already...

Got the berk hfc n hinges toniht. Taillights can waot till next week.

Fuck i just keep finding stuff to buy lol
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Yesterday had a bit of free time in the afternoon and decided to pull off AUDM bar and have a look at fitting the JDM, but more importantly how I was going to mount the number plate lights onto the JDM rear. Looking at the bar, it looks like it just has holes to mount a single light and which on the DC5, doesnt look the best. Didnt have a drill so I called good guy Shak over and being the good guy he is brought his work van over!

Decided to drill new holes to be able to fit both number plate lights like the AUDM bumper and get 4 x 90degree metal tabs to mount the lights. SHak did all the practical work, thanks man

I just graffitied the inside of my JDM rear bar.

ANd then fit the bar

Fitment is pretty spot on. You can see temporarily I have got the number plate mounted at the bottom of the number plate section, had a look last night and the light isnt hitting the plate in its optimum location. Can always bend the tabs back a bit, but I plan on getting that ugly gap filled with fibreglass and new holes drilled in correct location to have the plate completely centered.

We also put the second bootlid on to ensure it worked with no dramas. Pretty simple, unclip two looms and 4x10mm bolts holding the lid. Is a 2 man job to ensure alignment is perfect and to hold the bootlid instead of it hitting ur car.

For anyone reading this, once all hooked up, be sure to test boot release to ensure its working before actually closing the lid.

Also got my AP2 tail lights from Todd on here too!

Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

01/04/15 - Wakefield Park Trackday PB: 1:14.3

Its been awhile in updates, but I really dont have much to update. Yes I have been getting parts in every week but all are on the backlog to be installed!

On Wednesday I did my first track day in the S2000 at Wakefield Park, Goulburn and loved it!

I obtained Todd's old AP1 wheels with his old RS3's also. The previous owner of the wheels had put on 7 coats of black paint and plastidip, all under todd's coats of white. I had tried to remove it all with WD40 and even goo gone. the process was just too difficult so I decided to leave it as is. The car looks like absolutely shit at the moment, since I have removed and sold the OEM style front lip, I had blobs of silicon all over the front bumper, the rear bumper is silver, the number plate isnt aligned properly on the rear, I have an oem boot lid in white, oh and the wheels are just the ugliest. People would just look at the car, be silent and keep walking. its so ugly. But i love driving it.

First session out there I just kept the car in either 3rd or 4th gear and just got used to steering the car around for a couple laps. Was lapping at 1:20 and after a couple, I decided to brake a bit harder, bit later, accelrate more etc. I finished off the first session setting a tme of 1:17.

Now that the temps were up in the tyres, I bled them down to 38psi and had another go I got it down to 1:16, again bled down to 36psi and ended up with a 1:15.7. Tried 34psi but felt the car was a bit too loose around corners, ended upgoing back to around the 36psi hot mark and got own to a 1:15.0 was pretty happy with this for a first timer in RWD. After lunch I decided to start driving the car harder, wasn't exactly redlining the car in each gear, and I was still approaching the fish hook too early, same with T2. Also got a hot tip from Shak to try 2nd gear in a couple areas to improve accelration. Ended the day with a 1:14.3 which is what I'll be aiming to beat next time.

I finished the day with no issues, and my only consumable was completely worn rear pads. Having installed the Defi gauges I was able to monitor temps with ease. Installing the koyo radiator my water temp peaked at 87deg on a 26deg sunny day. Oil I set my alert to 125deg and back off when I finish that particular lap. I also loved the confidence inspired byt he Cusco brake master stopper. It gives such a firm pedal in times of hard braking. When I installed it, I couldnt feel the benefit, but upon driving to meet up with the boys for the drive down, this car didnt want to give way at a roundabout and I had to slam on my brakes, from there I could feel how decent the upgrade was. But at the track, wow its a big difference!

Will upload some data from race chrono soon but will leave the one pic that Joshua (pooface) took on the day and some brief notes:
                            • Cusco Brake Master Stopper - excellent addition to improve driving experience on the track. At around $90 it is awesome value
                            • Koyo Radiator - working as it should. Street driving temps are 77-80deg, peaked at 87 on the track - worthwhile upgrade!
                            • Oil Cooler - Will get an oil cooler as not happy that temps get to 125 on the track after 3-4 hot laps. I enjoy going to the JDMyard open track days where you'll see yourself doing 10 hot laps and you'll find yourself wasting 2-3 laps for cool downs waiting for temps to come back down.
                            • After riding in Todd's car with the 17x9/255/40 setup the car feels alot grippier, faster, and you can get onto the gas harder and earlier compared to 16inch setup

I'm such a noob. Dont even know how to export data from Racechrono.

But there isnt much to it. best lap is 1:14.37. Optimal is 1:14.20

For next time I want to focus on:

T2 - brake a tad harder and longer when downshifting into 2nd gear so I can catch the slide for 2nd gear exit
                            T2/3 - hold more balls and not grab the brakes here, this will give me a higher average speed for the next section
                            T4 - rev match better for 2nd gear going down the hill
                            T6 - turn earlier to set up for entry to fish hook
                            T8 - brake later and stay wide for fish hook, on corner exit accelrate harder
                            T10 - brake later and harder

My max speed at the kink was 155km/h.

Whats next. As my rear pads are shot, I'm in the process of going for Project Mu pads. Did some reading on the HC+/HC800. Essentially the same thing. I'll grab a couple front and rear prior to June 1st. That'll be my next outing at Wakefield. Was going to look at going to Eastern Creek April 26th, but I rather ensure car is prepped and ready for Wakefield.
                            Last edited by plAythiNG; 03-04-15, 11:30 AM.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Award for the car with the most mismatched body parts goes to you my friend.

I'm gonna have to keep my hot tips to myself from now on!!
                              Shak's S2000

Comment

haha. I will keep getting that award for the next year LOL
                                Just updating my buy list. Got everything almost

Just also wanted to update my "to buy list"

1 - new glovebox
                                2 - new roof liner
                                3 - single exit catback
                                4 - AP2 centre console
                                5 - FD2R gearknob - got a skunk2 instead, felt it was more ergonomic
                                6 - AP2 door cards
                                7 - AP2 OEM lip
                                8 - OEM bootlid
                                9 - OEM clear side indicators
                                10 - oil filter stopper (most likely J's)

11 - Fixed back bucket with matching rail
                                12 - remove Defi ZD from DC5 and install in AP1
                                13 - single exit rear cap for rear bar
                                14 - 4.77 final drive
                                15 - respray in OEM MCB - going to go Laguna Pearl
                                16 - AP2 Tail lights

The larger font is what is outstanding
                                Last edited by plAythiNG; 03-04-15, 11:42 AM.
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X