No announcement yet.

Alex's 95 DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this look correct to people? I'm not liking the angle the endlinks are on. Any feedback would be appreciated

Comment

Looks like that aftermarket swaybar/end link is designed to be used with an aftermarket LCA with adjustment for the lower position of the end link.
      Honed - WEB: https://honeddevelopments.com/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/honeddevelopments

Comment

First time at Collingrove Hill Climb. Went out to the Come and Try day today. Apart from being stupid cold and wet was a pretty successful day! This is a video of the only dry-ish run

https://youtu.be/rOM0CJzUf8g

Comment

Last run of the day at Collingrove. Was the wettest run, so pretty slow haha

https://youtu.be/RauRz8lyayk

Comment

Long time without being able to drive my car... Wheel issues followed by electrical issues. Fun times.
            Although, everything is sorted and my brand new wheels arrived today! Got new tyres as well! Bought Rota Slipstreams 16x7 +38. Previously had Volk Racing CV Pro's 16x7 +35 with bolt on spacers. Put the new rears on with the spacers but it sat outside the guards a bit, removed them and all is sweet! Sits very nice I reckon New tyres are Marshal Matrac XM 205/45R16.

Comment

Spent the day at Collingrove hillclimb on Sunday (25th August) for the multi-club series. Here's a video of my fastest run:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GbeBCxRFWQ

Comment

UPDATE!

Coilovers!!!! ISC N1 Yes they are not the best one's on the market and I wasn't keen on purchasing second hand coilovers even if they were better.
                Spring rates - 8kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear.

Installing them on Sunday followed by wheel alignment sometime early next week

Comment

Installed the coilovers today! With the help of a mate we got it all sorted within 2 hours Had the front up and down a few times to make sure we had the correct height but apart from that we ran into basically no problems... Except the front camber arm ball joints (explained in the 'Technical' forum part).

Haven't played with the damper settings too much at the moment. Currently 5 clicks from soft at the front and 6 clicks from soft at the rear. Really nice ride so far. Handles much better! Best bit, no scrubbing! Haha
                  Take it for a few longer drives later in the week and see how they go

Comment

Update:
                    Bought new Hard-Race front camber arms (not installed just yet, waiting on the the bushing and other mounting equipment)

Also picked up a genuine Skunk2 shift knob dirt cheap. Didn't realise how heavy they were!

Comment

Small update. Received the bolts and bushes for the hard-race camber arms. Hopefully chuck em in tomorrow, keen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Received new RDA blank rotors yesterday

After some research decided to try QFM HPX pads. $65 for the fronts and $65 for the rears was really cheap so I'll see how they go.

Comment

QFM make good brake pads, I have used the A1RM and can't fault them for the price.
                          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

That's good to hear, cause I was slightly hesitant to buy them since I haven't really heard too much about them

Comment

Picked them up today. Hopefully a job for Monday [emoji106]🏻

Comment

Replaced the camber arms yesterday and raised the car 1cm and the front (will do rear this weekend when replacing rotors/pads).
                                Oh wow what a difference over the old very worn out camber arms... Every bump etc the bushes would squeak and the ball joints looked like this:

Taking the coilover out I noticed the dust boot has torn slightly :/

Slightly disappointing after so little use, but oh well it's fine structurally so life goes on haha

Slight mix up with the brake pads, what I ordered and what I was given was a bit different.. So correct pads will be here this Friday and chuck them all on Saturday afternoon and hopefully that will be successful [emoji106]🏻

Comment

Working...
                                X